"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Fahrenheit 9/11 good movie to watch with a chic?

SoonToBeDJ

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Hey guys what's up, I have a question, would you recommend watching Farenheit 9/11 with a female because of all of its political views, and if I remember correctly, don't you try to stay away from politicts while in the first couple dates? I say this because I am going out with this girl to watch that movie on Friday and its our first date(and I know a movie isn't a good 1st date.) Let me explain.

I don't even know if you would want to call it a date, she asked me a while ago if I would go watch Shrek 2 with her but we never got to it, not only that but I didn't want to seem obsessed and always bug her and be like "so when are we gonna go watch the movie" so I let it go because I knew I would have other chances later. So the other day she's like will you go watch Shrek 2 with me (but then I suggested 9/11 and she agreed.) So were set for Friday. If we could've had a better first date I would have suggested it but she mentioned watching the movie and since I also want to watch it, I said fine. What do you guys think?I have been dj'ing her a little and she shows interest, especially since she keeps asking me out. I am also thinking of catching something to eat after the movie just to make up that lost time we didn't talk in the movie. Not an expensive place, just a cool little place for some chicken wings. Good or not good?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Personally I don't think Fahrenheit 9/11 is a good movie to watch under any circumstances, but political views notwithstanding, I think you could find something better than a movie for a first date.
 

daym

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Go take her to watch spiderman 2..it has romance..action and all the other things..besides..all girls like superheroes like spidey boy ahha.

Actually..i'm waiting to ask this girl to watch spiderman 2 with me..cuz she hella wanted to see it but she's out of the country right now.
 

SoonToBeDJ

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by blienk
Personally I don't think Fahrenheit 9/11 is a good movie to watch under any circumstances.
Thanks for your advice and your opinion but why wouldn't it be a good movie to watch? I've seen Bowling for Columbine and I had no problem with it, Michael Moore's movie's give you good facts that you wouldn't know. Do you have a problem with his films?

I think you could find something better than a movie for a first date.
I agree but its already set and what would I say? I don't want to watch a movie on our first date?
 

Aerix

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Age
36
If you guys are into politics and she gets a kick out of micheal moor sure. BTW THIS MOVIE IS GRUESOME
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Aerix

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Originally posted by SoonToBeDJ
Thanks for your advice and your opinion but why wouldn't it be a good movie to watch? I've seen Bowling for Columbine and I had no problem with it, Michael Moore's movie's give you good facts that you wouldn't know. Do you have a problem with his films?


This movie is full of half-truths


SRRY FOR DOUBLE POST
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by SoonToBeDJ
Thanks for your advice and your opinion but why wouldn't it be a good movie to watch? I've seen Bowling for Columbine and I had no problem with it, Michael Moore's movie's give you good facts that you wouldn't know. Do you have a problem with his films?
Because quite honestly, Moore's movies contain about as many "facts" as Spiderman 2. His arguments are based on half-truths, speculation, distortion, conspiracy theories, and above all else, emotion and shock value. He points out obvious problems in society yet offers no practical solutions.Read here for some examples of this.

If you dislike Bush or support gun control, I can respect that, but you shouldn't form your opinons based on his films because they're intellectually void of meaning.



I agree but its already set and what would I say? I don't want to watch a movie on our first date?
Just tell her you thought of a better idea and go mini-golfing instead (the perfect first date).
 

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
20
Age
39
Location
North America
Fahrenheit isnt fair to Bush, no question about that. It has opinions in it. Micheal Moores opinions.

Facts are facts though, and no matter how much the conservatives like to say otherwise, the facts in the movie are true.

As for seeing it with a girl, it depends on the type of girl. If she is at least somewhat political then its okay - but if she isnt aware of anything thats happening around her in terms of politics then I wouldnt recommend it.
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
Its a sorry excuse for a documentary. I thought documentaries were supposed to include facts. But I'd much rather take a girl to see something like Dodgeball or Spiderman 2. You don't really want to get into politics with a girl if you just met her.
 

hyd

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Netherlands
fahrenheit is heavy ****, really bad movie for a romantic relationship I think, childeren getting blown to pieces and heavy politics, not the stuff you want your girl to associate with you
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

bogman2121

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Age
41
go see dodgeball if you're going to see a movie its really funny. fahrenheit 9/11 really is full of half truths just like all of michael moore's movies but if you want to go ahead and take everything he says as the gospel truth go right ahead and i feel sorry for your ignorance.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by blienk
Because quite honestly, Moore's movies contain about as many "facts" as Spiderman 2. His arguments are based on half-truths, speculation, distortion, conspiracy theories, and above all else, emotion and shock value. He points out obvious problems in society yet offers no practical solutions.Read here for some examples of this.
Moore hired a Conservative to check his facts.

All political arguments aside, what's the problem with seeing this movie? If you two are both liberal I fail to see how any arguments could start up. The movie is fantastic and I'm sure you'll both enjoy it.
 

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
20
Age
39
Location
North America
^^^, heh, notice how its always the conservatives who resort to the name calling and the bad language first.

so, in the words of our conservative vice-president....f*ck yourself
 

Superman X

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
387
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Massachusetts
Farenheit 9/11 made wild accusations based on minimal evidence. It was part conspiracy theory, part liberal political propaganda, and part truth-twisting Republican soundbytes. But the movie's real failure is: it is hopelessly and utterly boring.

With the exception of a few funny Bush quotes (out of the hundreds of times he's said something idiotic), the movie simply was not interesting. Moore could have gotten away with this movie if it was entertaining, but nobody wants to listen to a boring lunatic.

Don't go see this movie on a first date. As had been said like three times in this thread, see Dodgeball if you want to see a movie, because it's fvckin hilarious.

-Dan
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Porky
Moore hired a Conservative to check his facts.
MMmm right. Sorry, but I'm going to trust the bipartisan 9/11 report before I trust the "conservative" Moore hired to check his "facts". I wonder if that was the same guy he hired to check his book "Dude, Where's My Country", considering that contained 17 cold factual errors, among countless other inaccuracies.

And in case you were wondering, my information comes from spinsanity.org, a bipartisan organization devoted to debunking political rheotric from both parties...Check it out sometime, you might actually learn something.
 
Top