Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Facial Hair

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it all the time; a guy goes to ask for advice on his appearance and is told to shave. I don't get it tbh. If a guy has a weak and/or flabby chin then facial hair could be massively beneficial. What do you guys say?

Reaction score
yeah to the hell with all that!! Unless you have the facial structure to pull off a pretty boy look, I wouldn’t do it. My parents would always have me at the clean cut look: really short haircut and clean shaven. As soon as I started growing my beard out/getting more stylish haircuts girls wouldn’t let me shave my beard so I just kept it lol.

Last edited:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience and the attention I get from women was night and day after growing a beard. I've had it for seven years now and will never go back. There are SOME women who like baby-faced guys, and I do have that face without a beard, but they are in the minority. Also at some point in your age, when you start to get some lines and wrinkles, you can still have a baby-face at the same time and it's kind of a weird look. That's a great time to grow a beard, embrace your age, and make it look good.

Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience and the attention I get from women was night and day after growing a beard. I've had it for seven years now and will never go back. There are SOME women who like baby-faced guys, and I do have that face without a beard, but they are in the minority. Also at some point in your age, when you start to get some lines and wrinkles, you can still have a baby-face at the same time and it's kind of a weird look. That's a great time to grow a beard, embrace your age, and make it look good.
you didn’t have a good enough baby face then. Pretty boys have the highest smv then it’s Chad whom are basically pretty boy/masculine hybrids

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A well maintained mustache/beard combination look is likely best.

M

member160761

You must no be ashamed of the face you have. Sure, you can grow a beard to compensate that but it does not solve the underlying issue. It is more important what your face expresses. You may be handsome but have a hateful face or you look deformed but the sun shines out of you. The latter is more sympathetic than the former.

About facial hair in general: for any kind of beard keep it neatly trimmed and ordered. Length and style of beard does not matter, as long as you look like you have class. But don't go for the stubble look. You look like a rebellious teenager and don't impress anybody. Clean shaven or nothing. Also, learn how to shave with a single blade razor. It is better for your skin because you need to shave once maximum twice over the same area, also a lot sharper so you will cut yourself often when you are a beginner.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My facial hair has become a part of my whole identity. I've had 3 different female sales reps and clients comment that they are having a hard time reconciling my appearance without it.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must no be ashamed of the face you have. Sure, you can grow a beard to compensate that but it does not solve the underlying issue. It is more important what your face expresses. You may be handsome but have a hateful face or you look deformed but the sun shines out of you. The latter is more sympathetic than the former.

About facial hair in general: for any kind of beard keep it neatly trimmed and ordered. Length and style of beard does not matter, as long as you look like you have class. But don't go for the stubble look. You look like a rebellious teenager and don't impress anybody. Clean shaven or nothing. Also, learn how to shave with a single blade razor. It is better for your skin because you need to shave once maximum twice over the same area, also a lot sharper so you will cut yourself often when you are a beginner.
A big long beard will make a guy look older though.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the facial hair suits you, go for it. It can certainly add to your desirability.

In my early to mid 20's I used to have a longish goatee. Not ZZ Top long, but it would hang down from my chin slightly. I used to dye it different shades of red/orange. It honestly served as an ice breaker many times - girls would come up and say they loved my "beard" (lol). This was the excuse for them to talk to me because otherwise they would've just remained passive. A lot of these girls I had sex with if I found them attractive or could have had I wanted too.

If facial hair makes you stand out more its more to your advantage to sport.

BriBri

Don Juan
Reaction score
To each his own. I enjoy shaving, and except for a brief period years ago when I had a 'twist at the ends' mustache, I've always been clean-shaven.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only men who benefit being clean shaven are the ones with an already naturally strong jawline. If you have a higher BF% or a weak jawline, facial hair is in your best interest.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of women prefer men to have beards.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what you wanna do with your hair
. What ever you do, own it fully.