Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Facial Hair/Mustache/Beard

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always been clean shaven but thinking of trying this look for a little experiment.

I have no idea how to maintain it though. Like you should shave your cheeks and neck and leave just the stash and beard?

I heard you even can use a buzzer on your stash and beard.. I'd be scared I'd mess it all up lol

Can someone give me some advice on how to make it look good?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I do personally:

However, there are tutorials and tips out there you can research. The main goal is the health of the beard. So use beard oil once it's grown, take natural supplements, good diet. Perhaps, it is best to just grow it naturally and wildly at first before shaping it. Heads up. it will itch once its starting to grow. But it will go away.

Cheers,
Modern Man Advice

Serenity

Reaction score
Don't worry about messing it up. If you don't get it right the first time you just trim it all down until it looks alright, worst case you shave clean and start over if you mess up really badly.

You'll figure it out eventually.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found having a lengthy beard to be at the height of my IOI received days, I just recently got it shaped, was looking wirey but now it's back to looking good, probably 6 inches long, been growing since maybe November or so I cant remember.

One of my plates is a hair dresser, she will always cut my hair, line me up while building the sexual tension, playing with my hair, I honestly think she sells my hair or something idk but if I ever get a hair cut somewhere else because I haven't saw her in a while she gets mad that's the down side.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I do personally:

However, there are tutorials and tips out there you can research. The main goal is the health of the beard. So use beard oil once it's grown, take natural supplements, good diet. Perhaps, it is best to just grow it naturally and wildly at first before shaping it. Heads up. it will itch once its starting to grow. But it will go away.

Cheers,
Modern Man Advice
Thanks for providing that. I have to admit as someone that never grew one out I find it a little confusing though :( I guess I'm looking for the most basic steps... When you start getting into using angles etc... I feel I would mess it up.

Should I just let it grow out a few weeks and go to a barber shop to shape it up? I gotta think they provide those kind of services.

It also looks like the guy in the video shaved most of his neck but kept the cheek hair... I was thinking to shave my neck and cheeks but maybe I shouldn't do that.

Also I wouldn't have a long beard just a little hair there if that makes sense.

Don't worry about messing it up. If you don't get it right the first time you just trim it all down until it looks alright, worst case you shave clean and start over if you mess up really badly.

You'll figure it out eventually.
Does it make kissing awkward? Even when I've had a little stubble I've had some girls complain I scratched them lol

I've found having a lengthy beard to be at the height of my IOI received days, I just recently got it shaped, was looking wirey but now it's back to looking good, probably 6 inches long, been growing since maybe November or so I cant remember.

One of my plates is a hair dresser, she will always cut my hair, line me up while building the sexual tension, playing with my hair, I honestly think she sells my hair or something idk but if I ever get a hair cut somewhere else because I haven't saw her in a while she gets mad that's the down side.
This stuff sounds so basic and I am so confused :(

Serenity

Reaction score
Does it make kissing awkward? Even when I've had a little stubble I've had some girls complain I scratched them lol
A little stubble is a whole lot more scratchy than it will be when it becomes just a little longer. You just need to grow it past that point, shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks I think.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My stubble is like porcupine quills.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you remember that singer Craig David? I was thinking of going for something like this:

What do I have to do to get that? Looks like he shaves his neck hair... but I'd probably need a barber to shape it up right?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped cutting anything on my face since last spring and while I look like the bad guy from popeye, I get decent feedbacks from women.

I kinda got used to use it and feel myself more comfortable looking like a taliban.

It also works as an antistress since I play with it anytime Im stressed...I'm talking about the beard ofc.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped cutting anything on my face since last spring and while I look like the bad guy from popeye, I get decent feedbacks from women.

I kinda got used to use it and feel myself more comfortable looking like a taliban.

It also works as an antistress since I play with it anytime Im stressed...I'm talking about the beard ofc.
So you just let it grow out and don't trim it at all? At a certain point does it stop growing?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I have yet to meet a single woman who doesn't prefer beards, there must be some biological reason women prefer beards.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether or not a beard looks good on you depends on a number of factors, including the way your facial hair grows, your hairstyle (on your head, that is), and most importantly, your facial structure. A beard is a good way to mask unattractive facial features, such as a weak chin. On the other hand, it tends to make you look older.

Personally, I find that long stubble (2-3 mm) work better for me than a full-on beard. It's also pretty simple to maintain.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether or not a beard looks good on you depends on a number of factors, including the way your facial hair grows, your hairstyle (on your head, that is), and most importantly, your facial structure. A beard is a good way to mask unattractive facial features, such as a weak chin. On the other hand, it tends to make you look older.

Personally, I find that long stubble (2-3 mm) work better for me than a full-on beard. It's also pretty simple to maintain.
Yeah I wouldn't grow a full beard, just a little one.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have yet to meet a single woman who doesn't prefer beards, there must be some biological reason women prefer beards.
I'm also impressed from that, plenty of women tell me that they like beared men.

I've been shaven or 3 days max unshaved before but now I kinda like my lumberjack beard also for this reason.

The funny thing is that women find a beared man more masculine but tend to believe they are more aggressive, a beard is basically a short cut to the short term mating lane.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a beard of some kind from age 20ish right up to 47. Now I'm just wearing a '5 day' stubble look
as my beard is growing whiter by the day. I do shave my neck though. I have shoulder length hair at
the moment. Personally, I prefer how it looks now, I don't really care what women prefer, but got a good
review last week.

Attachments

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's for a guy in his early twenties. Used to do it similar in my twenties. I remember jealous bastards saying the amount of time you must spend on the maintenance of that shows some level of self obsession / love haha

Always had facial / beard. These days I trim once a week. guess it's a stubbly short beard. feel naked without.
I'm wondering how long it takes to grow.. like I've had mine growing close to 2 weeks now, not sure if it's at it's max yet.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a beard of some kind from age 20ish right up to 47. Now I'm just wearing a '5 day' stubble look
as my beard is growing whiter by the day. I do shave my neck though. I have shoulder length hair at
the moment. Personally, I prefer how it looks now, I don't really care what women prefer, but got a good
review last week.
You look kinda jacked, you lift?

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You look kinda jacked, you lift?
No mate, just done a physical job for most of my life so I keep a certain amount of muscle depending
on what my work is. I'm labouring in a warehouse at the moment stacking trays of meat and vegetables
and walking about 7 to 9 miles a day as part of that job. I went through a spell of going to the gym
last year between lockdowns because I wasn't working but haven't been since last September when they
closed them. I keep telling myself to start going back there as I do see results fast but I'm not really
trying to attract a female and am maintaining a half decent physique with my job anyway.
My job might change soon as my boss is putting me forward to our companies LGV (Big-rig to you Americans)
apprenticeship as we have a tremendous shortage of drivers in the UK and it's hitting the logistics industry
very hard. If I get into driving for a living then I'll start attending the gym again as I do need to stay active
and most lorry drivers my age are waddling, pot bellied gutbuckets.

powersize

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always been clean shaven but thinking of trying this look for a little experiment.

I have no idea how to maintain it though. Like you should shave your cheeks and neck and leave just the stash and beard?

I heard you even can use a buzzer on your stash and beard.. I'd be scared I'd mess it all up lol

Can someone give me some advice on how to make it look good?
Do not shave for 1-1.5 month - than go to a good barber and watch what he is doing. Than repeat it at home by yourself. This is how I learned it.