Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Facebook vomit

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
the attention whoring is getting to me, I dont post much and dont have that many 'friends' on tw@tbook but I have colleagues and old frineds, family I dotn get to see that often so it has some uses.
there are a few young girls on there, family and colleagues whose attention seeking really makes me puke.
the lates, girl who posts pics every time she farts it seems, she is having chocolates, pics, she is having wine...pics new shoes..pics, likes galore???
now she is engaged, complete beta of a guy, he panders to her every whim, 3 pics of the ring, a pic of the cheap champagne, a pic of the cheap champage and glasses and the box the ring came in...I was tempted re the thread on the size of the engagement ring to post a coment about how...."its not very big is it?" (it isnt veyr big either!)
Ive now blocked her feeds but ffs, the gushing masking all the burning hatred coming to and from the females is nauseating and funny at the same time

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorites are the people who change their profile pic (and their timeline cover pic) 5,000 times a day.

Cause that never gets annoying ;)

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Proof Zuckerberg is destroying humanity all the way to the bank. Then, in real life, you get:

"you never pay enough attention to me!!"

waaaaaaaaaaa!

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Proof Zuckerberg is destroying humanity all the way to the bank. Then, in real life, you get:

"you never pay enough attention to me!!"

waaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't think the idea of social networking is inherently bad. And it's not like there weren't any outlets for attention-starved people to exhibit their behavior prior to it.

There are very good uses for Facebook - like reconnecting with your old friends or sharing pics of your latest snowboarding trip with your buddies.

The behavior the OP talks about has been around for ages, this is just one of the newer ways that it's displayng itself. Facebook isn't taking humanity anywhere it wasn't already headed.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use facebook for business. I run several facebook pages for a couple of clients as well as a lead generation page and my business page. About a year ago, I deleted everyone I knew and closed my account. My new account is populated with customers, potential customers, influential people in the community and industry and very close personal friends. 99% of my post are work related. I've landed 3 jobs in the last month alone this way. I don't have those problems with facebook because I refuse to add anyone I do not do business with or interact with personally or professionally. It's pissed some old friends off, but I don't care. Those people were too much drama and BS to wade through. At least now I know if my clients bought a dog, or got a raise or are offering a new promotion they might need help on. It's all in how you use it.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I use facebook for business.
Just as a matter of interest, what business are you in?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HeadLightsOn said:
Just as a matter of interest, what business are you in?

Long story short. Small business marketing & production. Web/social/video production/graphic design.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Golden Arms said:
My favorites are the people who change their profile pic (and their timeline cover pic) 5,000 times a day.

Cause that never gets annoying ;)
I wouldn't notice. If you're letting fuuckupbook interrupt your life, you're doing it wrong.

I get email notifications on an account I check about once a day. I only get important notifications, and I don't even always check it. It'll be there later, or it wasn't important.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem isn't facebook. the problem is the people who use facebook.

when facebook was for Harvard grads only facebook was freaking great. it still wasn't bad when it was for college students only. when they opened it up for everyone the game was over. it was time to move on then.

It's pissed some old friends off, but I don't care. Those people were too much drama and BS to wade through. At least now I know if my clients bought a dog, or got a raise or are offering a new promotion they might need help on. It's all in how you use it.
even still. all it takes is one ****ty irrational client tof uck up your entire online reputation. trust me lol. i've been there.

To me being able to control my reputation is more important than the extra stream of revenue. that's why I quit using freelance sites like elance.com i'll be damned if you are going to black mail me into bending over with no lube by telling me you are going to post negative feedback or allowing one ****ty client to ruin months or years of work.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shut mine down right after I'd opened it long ago. Had myspace live online for a couple of years. I still receive emails from fb. Apparently people are friend requesting me and "do you know?" such and such and One of those are higher-ups in my workplace, kinda not cool that a boss is phishing around my social life, but I don't mind cause he's young and makes even less than me lol. Naw, i wish these dudes above me could make more money fast-tracked. The ones just starting have a different deal than when I'd started over half a decade ago.

But it's cool to see ppl I went to hs with and how they turned out. One girl who loved me lived in my neighborhood growing up, dated one of my best friends to Get to me, I'd walk by her house on the way home every day, shared cubbies next to each other from grade school, just a long history with her. She married the rich uber-private school boy (all boys school) had kids, and I go looking for her name after many years of not looking her up online and sure enough, she's changed her last name, divorced the sorry fvck, and married another, who looks like a fvckin model and RICH b!tch. So sad. I knew from way back then that she would be so bad news and to top it off, she's "Christian" her dad is a fvckin Elder in a very puritanic church of which our school had been denominated in. She'd raped my best friend's heart, he'd been driven crazy about her, fvcked her since their early teens 8th grade, at his house, even while I was in the house.

She ripped his heart out, but he was a fool.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FaKebook is like a crack house for attention wh0res. No good for anybody.

A girl with good looks who has 5000 friends and a bunch of chumps telling her how great she is will no doubt over value her own self worth. She will think she is one step away from the Hollywood elite and have a very incorrect sense of reality. This type of environment does nothing but suppress the growth of a healthy ego setting herself up for failure in future life dealings.

Never before did these types have an "avenue" to take their attention wh0ring to this level.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Golden Arms said:
I don't think the idea of social networking is inherently bad. And it's not like there weren't any outlets for attention-starved people to exhibit their behavior prior to it.

There are very good uses for Facebook - like reconnecting with your old friends or sharing pics of your latest snowboarding trip with your buddies.

The behavior the OP talks about has been around for ages, this is just one of the newer ways that it's displayng itself. Facebook isn't taking humanity anywhere it wasn't already headed.

But even showing pics of your trips and what you did last weekend is a form of attention seeking to a degree. As for long lost buddies; they wouldn't be long lost if you gave a ṣhit about them. They'd be a part of your life. You would of written them letters, then email, then put them in your cell.

So back in 1995, how did people attention whóre? I never got pictures in the mail from my buddy's bbq that I wasn't a part of lol. But on FB, there it is, a half eaten hot dog up for you to see. It's kind of retarded. Same ṣhit on Twitter.

This is all new, and all due to FB's and Twitter's instant connectivity between you and your cell phone.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
even still. all it takes is one ****ty irrational client tof uck up your entire online reputation. trust me lol. i've been there.

To me being able to control my reputation is more important than the extra stream of revenue. that's why I quit using freelance sites like elance.com i'll be damned if you are going to black mail me into bending over with no lube by telling me you are going to post negative feedback or allowing one ****ty client to ruin months or years of work.
I understand where you are coming from. I have a client who had a guy blasting her and her business all over facebook groups, twitter and on her comments on her website. This woman has built a million dollar empire. Turns out it was her soon to be ex-husband who wanted his cut of her empire and since he couldn't get it, he was trying to ruin her online rep. He had even started up rival businesses and was blasting her on his pages.

She didn't even know because she wasn't on FB and she doesn't use it. Not being on FB won't protect you from that, it just allows you to personally respond and get the right story out faster. I'm not turning down an valuable method of directly communicating with my customers because of fear of what someone might say.