facebook help...please!!!

zemaj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bit of a strange one here guys... I was on facebook a couple of days ago, and one of my girl "friends" had a status up which some random girl replied to...and I replied to it aswell. I noticed that this random girl who commented was quite hot... so later I asked my friend who she was, whether she was single, and told her I thought she has hot (I also pretended I thought I knew her as a cover).

Low and behold in the evening my friend txt me saying good news, the girl is splitting with her bf at the weekend...and she told me to add her on FB as she wants to talk to me. Now, I didnt bother adding her, but shortly after that she added me, so I accepted and sent a friendly msg saying who i was and how I thought I knew her from somewhere...

She replied back saying she recognises my name, said it would "b nice to talk to me" and asked me a couple of questions about where I studied etc...I replied again, made a little joke about whether she was a crazy quirky artist (thats what she studied)....to which she replied again with a bit of chit-chat and saying "im just normal ;)"....she finished the message with, "so what do you do now?"..

I study, got one more year left...but what I want to do is escalate somehow!...it just seems really impossible to do on FB with someone I never met! I was contemplating asking her if shes good at painting, as I could do with some help/advice from a painter regarding a project i'm doing and suggest meeting? lol...but that might seem a little lame...

I want to do something more positive rather than just continuing this lame exchange of messages...any advice on this one??

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just tell her u wanna take her out man no need to make up a cover like doin art homework or some sh1t lol

its thursday..perfect day...set up somethin for friday or saturday

zemaj

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant help but think that might be a bit too forward...If I did attempt to make a date, it would be a basic coffee date perhaps in the day next week..nothing too intense, y'know. But without a cover, I reckon she would decline :nervous:

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well it doesnt necessarily have to do with the painting thing, but i dont see a problem with asking her if she wants to study with you somewhere. then if that goes well, you can take it further

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dunno im no genius when it comes to this **** but i think its always a good idea to be forward and make your intentions known ;) i cant stand being timid lol it makes me want to punch myself in the face

thats just my take though im sure other people will have other things to take into consideration

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try this:

Write a reply that is not just two phrases, talking about what you're doing now, as she asked. Make sure you inject some humor (anecdotes or silly reasons why you decided to do what you're doing) and some ****yness (the combo of those two is pretty standard), and THEN at the end of that message tell her that you'd rather talk to her in person because you prefer conversation than just mails/messages. Suggest to meet somewhere.

There you go, problem solved. If you sold yourself as someone who can have entertaining conversation and more than two phrases on a given subject, I don't see a big deal even if she doesn't go for it at first.

zemaj

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for your advice...well, heres an update guys!

I sent her a message asking her a couple questions, and asked her about her art skills...to which she said yes shes good, why? and then said you can take my number if u like as it'll be easier to chat!!!

apparently her number is on her page...I dont know whether this girl is incredibly naive or what...I dont know whether to text her, call her, or just msg on facebook again...??

HelpYourself

Banned
Reaction score
the overthinking involved here is laughable. this girl will see how in your head you are, so you're better off just giving her facebook to a guy that won't think and will just f*** her senseless like she wants.

zemaj

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, yes "helpyourself", I am renowned for overanalysing to the point where I sabotage myself...truth is, theres never a magic answer to these kinds of situations. cheers :up:

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno, the fact that the girl just broke up with her boyfriend and wants to get to know you or whatever speaks volumes, if you want a quick **** go for it, if you want to make a relationship out of it be careful, she looks like she jumps ships quickly.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's probably rebounding or something. If you just want to go out with her then she's making it ridiculously easy for you by basically telling you to call her. Stop thinking! Act!

She_feelin_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell her that you are feeling her vibe and wants to continue the convo but make up a lie that you have to get off and run an errand or something and give her your number and a time that is best to call....she either gonna do one of the two....call you or not.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zemaj said:
thanks for your advice...well, heres an update guys!

I sent her a message asking her a couple questions, and asked her about her art skills...to which she said yes shes good, why? and then said you can take my number if u like as it'll be easier to chat!!!

apparently her number is on her page...I dont know whether this girl is incredibly naive or what...I dont know whether to text her, call her, or just msg on facebook again...??
shes giving u the green light buddy lol. go in direct or indirect but just go for it

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Use the girl who introduced you guys as a pivot, Tell your target that you and your mutual friend should all go out and kick it. ask for her number set up a time with mutal friend and girl to go out, Maybe bring a guy friend to off set everything and blammm your in

zemaj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. Another update. I was texting her today...and eventually escalated to asking her what shes doing saturday night...and she asked if I was asking her out...I joked and said she can take me out if she wants...anyways, she might have a family thing to attend...but if so, I said we can hook up in the week, and she said that sounds good..

The only thing I dont get is how forward this girl is!! I mean, she really is hot...I'm not used to an attractive girl being this receptive to me, especially as we haven't met face to face yet...everything has been suggestive...and she seems really open to going out with me despite us not meeting...perhaps our mutual friend's social proof really is a huge factor here? or perhaps she is an attention wh0re? It's like my mind is trying to calculate and make rational logic out of this situaion :crazy:

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get it. I'm telling you mayne use the Pivot girl, It will make things 10 times easier. Make good friends with your pivot and shell Deff, help you out with ur target,

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zemaj said:
Thanks for all the replies guys. Another update. I was texting her today...and eventually escalated to asking her what shes doing saturday night...and she asked if I was asking her out...I joked and said she can take me out if she wants...anyways, she might have a family thing to attend...but if so, I said we can hook up in the week, and she said that sounds good..

The only thing I dont get is how forward this girl is!! I mean, she really is hot...I'm not used to an attractive girl being this receptive to me, especially as we haven't met face to face yet...everything has been suggestive...and she seems really open to going out with me despite us not meeting...perhaps our mutual friend's social proof really is a huge factor here? or perhaps she is an attention wh0re? It's like my mind is trying to calculate and make rational logic out of this situaion :crazy:
jesus christ i wanna punch you in the face so hard right now. just ask her out n try to hit it.

zemaj

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, message received soprano! :p

rest assured I will be sorting this out tomorrow!

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her to come out with you to bla bla bla at bla bla bla, then you can hit her up in person.