Facebook "dating" option

Glassguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has tried it yet since its new, but I jumped on it just to see what type of chicks were on there and what type of response my profile would get.

Started getting "likes" last night so apparently it just went live.

From last night at 9pm to this morning I had 138 likes. Meaning if I like them back we can chat. Sure most of them were hideous and nobody that I would actually hang out with, but there were a few chicks that were attractive.

Still not sure of it.....just toying around with it at this point. I've never been an OLD fan as I would rather meet people IRL but its another platform to experiment with.

Anyone else check it out yet?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has tried it yet since its new, but I jumped on it just to see what type of chicks were on there and what type of response my profile would get.

From last night at 9pm to this morning I had 138 likes. Meaning if I like them back we can chat. Sure most of them were hideous and nobody that I would actually hang out with, but there were a few chicks that were attractive.

Still not sure of it.....just toying around with it at this point. I've never been an OLD fan as I would rather meet people IRL but its another platform to experiment with.

I haven't but you've piqued my curiosity. It's private, I assume?

One problem might be that most women under 27 don't use Facebook very much.

Glassguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there are a ton of women under 27 that use fb non stop. I think it brings in the women that dont necessarily use OLD because they feel above it (and rightfully so based on some of the trash OLD brings in). Since its already attached to an app they use daily, it makes it not that big of a deal.

JMO though

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve read it goes by people that are friends with your friends on FB, like you won’t ever be connected with someone that isn’t somehow connected to your friends. That’s what turned me off from it. I don’t like to have my potential dating circle limited to just people I know, I want to hookup with women that can’t trace me back to my friends or mutual friends we have, this is only with online dating though that I’m this way.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Log off and go get girls. OLD = low hanging fruit.NNothing great comes easy.

Skyline

Reaction score
I have a friend of a friend who works with FB. They state that there’s a lot of cat fishers because the photos they upload on the dating service are vastly different from the photos on their actual profile.

Also, a lot of men pretending to be women... Just be aware of this...

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it’s a great tool like all others. If I had FB and the need, I would def try it.

I wish they had an app to get rid of women for you, and insure you from any social (or other) backlash lol

Barrister

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't tried it. One thing I don't completely understand - can ANYONE "like" you or do they have to be your "friends" in order for them to like you and you them? There are things I don't like no matter which it is.

Glassguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't tried it. One thing I don't completely understand - can ANYONE "like" you or do they have to be your "friends" in order for them to like you and you them? There are things I don't like no matter which it is.
You set your parameters. you can like them and they can like you. If you match you can chat.

It also shows who mutual friends are so you know they are real.