"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Facebook "dating" option

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Not sure if anyone has tried it yet since its new, but I jumped on it just to see what type of chicks were on there and what type of response my profile would get.

Started getting "likes" last night so apparently it just went live.

From last night at 9pm to this morning I had 138 likes. Meaning if I like them back we can chat. Sure most of them were hideous and nobody that I would actually hang out with, but there were a few chicks that were attractive.

Still not sure of it.....just toying around with it at this point. I've never been an OLD fan as I would rather meet people IRL but its another platform to experiment with.

Anyone else check it out yet?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
I think there are a ton of women under 27 that use fb non stop. I think it brings in the women that dont necessarily use OLD because they feel above it (and rightfully so based on some of the trash OLD brings in). Since its already attached to an app they use daily, it makes it not that big of a deal.

JMO though
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
I’ve read it goes by people that are friends with your friends on FB, like you won’t ever be connected with someone that isn’t somehow connected to your friends. That’s what turned me off from it. I don’t like to have my potential dating circle limited to just people I know, I want to hookup with women that can’t trace me back to my friends or mutual friends we have, this is only with online dating though that I’m this way.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
Not sure if anyone has tried it yet since its new, but I jumped on it just to see what type of chicks were on there and what type of response my profile would get.

Started getting "likes" last night so apparently it just went live.

From last night at 9pm to this morning I had 138 likes. Meaning if I like them back we can chat. Sure most of them were hideous and nobody that I would actually hang out with, but there were a few chicks that were attractive.

Still not sure of it.....just toying around with it at this point. I've never been an OLD fan as I would rather meet people IRL but its another platform to experiment with.

Anyone else check it out yet?
Log off and go get girls. OLD = low hanging fruit.NNothing great comes easy.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
1,849
Reaction score
563
Location
West Coast
I have a friend of a friend who works with FB. They state that there’s a lot of cat fishers because the photos they upload on the dating service are vastly different from the photos on their actual profile.

Also, a lot of men pretending to be women... Just be aware of this...
 

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
5,299
Reaction score
4,338
I think it’s a great tool like all others. If I had FB and the need, I would def try it.

I wish they had an app to get rid of women for you, and insure you from any social (or other) backlash lol
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,071
Age
40
Haven't tried it. One thing I don't completely understand - can ANYONE "like" you or do they have to be your "friends" in order for them to like you and you them? There are things I don't like no matter which it is.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Haven't tried it. One thing I don't completely understand - can ANYONE "like" you or do they have to be your "friends" in order for them to like you and you them? There are things I don't like no matter which it is.
You set your parameters. you can like them and they can like you. If you match you can chat.

It also shows who mutual friends are so you know they are real.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
Bringing this thread back up. FB kept suggesting their dating app to me so I thought WTH I'll log in and see who's in there. All I can say is yuck. It was like scrolling through a members directory at an overeaters-anonymous club. Was thinking I could supplement my day game and social circle game with some OLD but nope. I'll keep my profile up in a passive mode in case any girls who actually take care of themselves swipe on me but I won't be browsing.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
It all depends on area. I actually had a cute chick come over to hang out Saturday evening that I linked up with on there.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
It all depends on area. I actually had a cute chick come over to hang out Saturday evening that I linked up with on there.
I will absolutely admit that even though I am in a big city, it's a big fat city lol.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I decided to give it a shot after seeing this thread. I always do well on these things and was curious if it had some new angle to offer I can take advantage of.

FB has a long way to go with it.

99% of the “likes” were not only no’s, but where “oh hell fvcking no’s”. Lol.

I did get a handful of decent ones like these two (they are different women):

View attachment 3078

View attachment 3079

First I matched with but no dialog open yet.

Second reached out to me and I responded, but haven’t heard back from yet.

I’ll give it a few more days then probably delete it.

One thing I don’t like at all, other than slim pickings, is that even when you use the distance limitation, it runs off of your current location. I’m not looking for women to date 10 miles from where I work. I want to know who is close to where I live. Bumble does this too, but at least they made an upgrade that allows you to manage that to a degree.

Second reason is that getting on there to begin with isn’t exactly intuitive. I gave up looking for a link on my FB and had to google how the fvck to get on it. That might explain all of the homely women. They’re willing to put that effort into it. Hotties won’t, and the jury is still out if the above two profiles are even real imo.

I can interact with a lot more women like those who are real and set up dates on the more popular sites.

And what I hate the most is that I have to actually like/dislike every girl that liked me, one by one, just to get through them all to see what I got. That’s hard to stomach with what’s on there right now and not how I want to spend my time using the app.

I might give it another go a year or two from now if they make some big changes and it takes off, but I’m going to pass.

Go for the one with the big butt.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
It's like any other OLD platform. 99 are no ways but there are a few very fvckable ones in the mix.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top