Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eye contact: looking down or looking to the side

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i was giving this girl across a crowded room at uni direct eye contact

she was looking back a bit, but i kept looking away

then i decided screw this, ill listen to you guys and just keep on looking until she looks away

so i did, and she looked at me for a split second, and instantly looked to her right, then directed her gaze back at me straight away, saw i was still looking, then her eyes instantly darted to her left

it was pretty funny, seeing her eyes move so fast

anybody with experince/speculations on whether this is an interest look or a "wtf is he looking at?" look

ill go talk to her soon, just want to know whether its a "wtf" look or not

i heard somewhere that when people catch your gaze and look down, its cos they were just looking and got caught. but when they look sideways, its more of a interest look and they got caught

i'm fairly good-looking, shes about the same

any ideas?

cheers fellas

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lordson said:
then i decided screw this, ill listen to you guys and just keep on looking until she looks away
I doubt anyone will give you an advice on to keep on looking until she looks away especially in a class environment. You will come of as a the scary stalker if you keep this up.

lordson said:
anybody with experince/speculations on whether this is an interest look or a "wtf is he looking at?" look
Its both but its going towards the "wtf is this wierdo looking at me" if you don't do something about it.

lordson said:
ill go talk to her soon, just want to know whether its a "wtf" look or not
You should have done so already. Prolonging for a perfect time may never come, the more you wait the worst your position is.

lordson said:
i heard somewhere that when people catch your gaze and look down, its cos they were just looking and got caught. but when they look sideways, its more of a interest look and they got caught
You are not watching a chimp in the zoo ok?! so forget those little meaningless signs that could mean both things or none of those things and approach her already.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
lordson said:

you have it backwards, sideways is nothing, looking down means submission/ interest.

but if you really were just staring like that i'm pretty sure you came off as creepy

Poll

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl looks down after eyecontact, it means she gives you permission to stare at her boobs. If she looks to the side, it means check out her behind. If she keeps staring and doesn't look away, she saying come take her now... got it?

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wasn't jsut fully staring

i was just looking with a hint of interest on my face

i wasn't growlong at her or anything

it was just a few seconds really anyway

ah fvck it, too late now, i've been dancing aroudn this for ages

shes always around a bloody group of the same poeple. i can't penetrate the group dynamic

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl makes eye contact with you and you are attracted to her, open her.

If a girl does not make eye contact with you and you are attracted to her, open her.

Wolf

Poll

Don Juan
Reaction score
lordson said:
shes always around a bloody group of the same poeple. i can't penetrate the group dynamic
here's what you do. Wait for the group to come toward you, then walk directly to their center, forcing them to split apart to let you through, then as they divide, you grab her wrist, and whisper "come with me". You pull her in the opposite direction of the group's movement, and when the group finally figure out you stole their friend, you pick her up and haul ass away... :up:

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, STOP STARING!

Ok, too late, you're the creep now.

Seriously, a "look of interest" on your face, by her may be interpreted by her as something other...

One thing I would say is, look, make eye contact, smile. If she smiles back, approach. If not, but she does hold eye contact for even a bit, still approach. Whatever you do though, don't make eye contact repeatedly and NOT approach. That's just gonna creep her out.

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poll said:
here's what you do. Wait for the group to come toward you, then walk directly to their center, forcing them to split apart to let you through, then as they divide, you grab her wrist, and whisper "come with me". You pull her in the opposite direction of the group's movement, and when the group finally figure out you stole their friend, you pick her up and haul ass away... :up:
ROFL! Let me know how that works out for you.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
me and her have never spoken but been giving each other looks for over a year now. and its not jsut me, sometimes its her that looks first. she did it just today when i was walking by. and i was the only person walking by. and it was in a lecture theatre, i was way in the back and she was 3 rows in front. she had to twist her head around quite far to look. but i blew it again, i looked away. too shocked to think

but shes always around the same group of people dammit

i was thinking of something crazy. variation of that ^

when the group is walking one way, i would approch directly down the middle centered on her. so they'll have to part to the side. and ill whisper in her ear "come with me". and lead her around the corner. and then say "finally! you're always in a group i've never had the chance to talk to you until now". and then ill start the introductions and chit-chat

how does that sound?

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ah bugger it

i want to talk to her

so i'm going to go up to her and do it

cheers fellas