Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Extremely limited protein sources

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For bulking I need 210 grams of protein a day.

At the moment I am unemployed & have no money of my own, so basically, my only major source to protein is eggs & steaks. Even if I have 20 eggs a day, that's 130 g, & even if I throw in a few steaks (my mum won't buy me that much in a week), I ain't going anywhere near 210g.

This is very frustrating as I wanna take this seriously, but I lack motivation since I won't be able to eat properly.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein powder is the cheapest source of protein you can get. Other than that you've got milk, cottage cheese and tuna all very cheap, and eggs as you've already said. It's possible...

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Shezz & Dirty Sanchez, I have the idea now.

Unfortunatly I'm not sure when my apprenticeship will start, so I'll just have to wait until then to get ALL the foods I need.

Thanks again.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beans are about 35 cents a can and have about 20 grams of protein per can. Dried beans are much cheaper. More importantly, they have the fiber to clean all of that other protein-dense food out of you.

The_Lifter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuna.

By the way, if you have 20 whole eggs a day that's 120g of fat, so I hope you mean egg whites.

Shezz, I wouldn't have red meat after the gym, it takes an eternity to digest. Obviously you have the whey shake in there which is good, but I'd leave the steak for an off day.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bloke how much do you weigh?

Budda57

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need 210 grams a protein a day. Even for bulking up. Eating all that protein is bad for your liver and kidneys.

nunyabiznass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bloke said:
For bulking I need 210 grams of protein a day.

At the moment I am unemployed & have no money of my own, so basically, my only major source to protein is eggs & steaks. Even if I have 20 eggs a day, that's 130 g, & even if I throw in a few steaks (my mum won't buy me that much in a week), I ain't going anywhere near 210g.

This is very frustrating as I wanna take this seriously, but I lack motivation since I won't be able to eat properly.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
ARE U RETARDED? ALL YOU PEOPLE SAYING U NEED A GRAM PROTEIN FOR EVERY POUND OF BODYWEIGHT ARE IGNORNANT TO THE BODY AND HOW IT WORKS! 210 grams of protein? yeah well let me tell you half of tat protein is being passed out of ur body in the form of nitrogen through your piss! you are pissing money away literally! YOUR BODY CAN ONLY process so much protein at a time, much more than I bvelieve 30-40grams in one sitting is wasting your money, straining your kidneys and, wasting your time. 1-1.25grams per KILOGRAM!!!!!!!!!!! IS PLENTY CLOSER TO 1.25GRAMS PER KILOGRAM IS FOR THE HARDCORE BULKER BODYBUILDER, ANYMORE AND YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY! My brother has his masters in kinesiology, and is doing his phd. in toxicology, aftetr this he will be going to med school, and knows more about the body and its functions than anyone on this board. SO STOP FEEDING PEOPLE FULL OF HORSE**** AND WASTING THERE TIME AND MONEY, christ a ****ing glass of milk is worth 12-15grams of protein alone! add a chicken sandwich or something and boom! 25-30grams! christ u dont need to be rich to eat properly, but with the mindsEt u need 210grams of protein in a day, YES IT WOULD HELP and ull eventually be poor for nothing! My bro has worked with bodybuilders on their diets and workouts etc.... and top athletes.... marathon runners triathletes etc....... and this stuff is a FACT! SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP FILLING PEOPLE WITH CRAZY IDEAS THAT U NEED A TON OF PROTEIN TO GROW! YOU ARE COMPLICATING THIS MORE THAN IT HAS TO BE.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF SENTENCE STRUCTURE AND ALL THE CAPITALIZED ****, BUT iM TIRED OF READING PEOPLE STRUGGLING TO EAT TONS OF PROTEIN THAT IS JUST GOING TO BECOME EXCESS IN YOUR BODY AND PISSED OUT, WITH NO, IU REPEAT NO EFFECT ON YOUR MUSCLE GAINS! By all means shovel allm the damn protein u want in your body, while I save my body and bank accoujnt from strains and gain just as much as you, by eating less protein. I REPEAT IM TRYING TO HELP THE ILL-ADVISED, my next post will be calmer and better structured.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yse nunyabiznass, you don't need 1 g of protein per lb of bodyweight...

I'd rather go for 2 g/lb of bodyweight anyday.

nunyabiznass

Don Juan
Reaction score
semag said:
yse nunyabiznass, you don't need 1 g of protein per lb of bodyweight...

I'd rather go for 2 g/lb of bodyweight anyday.
Wow, obviously you are a moron to say something like that after what I told you, go ahead and eat that much **** ur wasting your time

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
nunyabiznass said:
Wow, obviously you are a moron to say something like that after what I told you, go ahead and eat that much **** ur wasting your time

can you show us some proof fo what you just told us?
real proof...........................................................

nunyabiznass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dean said:
can you show us some proof fo what you just told us?
real proof...........................................................
No the funny part is, even big bodybuilders who are obsessed with growing and think pounding enormous amounts of protein into their body is the reason they are growing, they dont realize the ratio of protein I stated is fine, although some hardcore builders MAY NEED UPWARDS of 1.5 gramds per kg of weight, they still have it in their head that they need 1 or even 2g per POUND. That is just like how they get in trouble with steroids, they cant stick with one cycle oir the normal amount they have to have more, because they are so obsessed with size and seeing gains, they think more is better, and its getting pissed away just like you and I do if we eat too much protein in one day. I wouldnt post this "rant" if it wasnt a fact, I can get him to put it i0n writing or somethign an email the exact reasoning behind it etc...... but Im going to go with someone who has probably forgotten more about the body than most here will ever know, as opposed to some people reading **** from bodybuilders in magazines etc.....who take every drug known to man at the same time and claim its cuz they wolf down 600 grams of protein a day. I eat this way and I put on 15 pounds of weight and gained very little fat withing 3 months of working out, at body fat of about 11%. So I am telling you for your own good not to be an ******* or anything, if you choose to stick with the 1gram per pound belief, that is fine, but I know better and will continue to gain with the amount I take in on a daily basis.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nunyabiznass said:
ARE U RETARDED? ALL YOU PEOPLE SAYING U NEED A GRAM PROTEIN FOR EVERY POUND OF BODYWEIGHT ARE IGNORNANT TO THE BODY AND HOW IT WORKS! 210 grams of protein? yeah well let me tell you half of tat protein is being passed out of ur body in the form of nitrogen through your piss! you are pissing money away literally! YOUR BODY CAN ONLY process so much protein at a time, much more than I bvelieve 30-40grams in one sitting is wasting your money, straining your kidneys and, wasting your time. 1-1.25grams per KILOGRAM!!!!!!!!!!! IS PLENTY CLOSER TO 1.25GRAMS PER KILOGRAM IS FOR THE HARDCORE BULKER BODYBUILDER, ANYMORE AND YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY! My brother has his masters in kinesiology, and is doing his phd. in toxicology, aftetr this he will be going to med school, and knows more about the body and its functions than anyone on this board. SO STOP FEEDING PEOPLE FULL OF HORSE**** AND WASTING THERE TIME AND MONEY, christ a ****ing glass of milk is worth 12-15grams of protein alone! add a chicken sandwich or something and boom! 25-30grams! christ u dont need to be rich to eat properly, but with the mindsEt u need 210grams of protein in a day, YES IT WOULD HELP and ull eventually be poor for nothing! My bro has worked with bodybuilders on their diets and workouts etc.... and top athletes.... marathon runners triathletes etc....... and this stuff is a FACT! SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP FILLING PEOPLE WITH CRAZY IDEAS THAT U NEED A TON OF PROTEIN TO GROW! YOU ARE COMPLICATING THIS MORE THAN IT HAS TO BE.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF SENTENCE STRUCTURE AND ALL THE CAPITALIZED ****, BUT iM TIRED OF READING PEOPLE STRUGGLING TO EAT TONS OF PROTEIN THAT IS JUST GOING TO BECOME EXCESS IN YOUR BODY AND PISSED OUT, WITH NO, IU REPEAT NO EFFECT ON YOUR MUSCLE GAINS! By all means shovel allm the damn protein u want in your body, while I save my body and bank accoujnt from strains and gain just as much as you, by eating less protein. I REPEAT IM TRYING TO HELP THE ILL-ADVISED, my next post will be calmer and better structured.
Time to call out the keyboard jockeys.

Could you post a picture of yourself? Because I believe I've seen a picture of Semag and he seems pretty damn big... whatever he's doing must be working.

Also, how did your brother manage to get a degree in kinesiology/working on one in toxicology without going to med school? Last time I checked, both those degrees weren't taught at any engineering/liberal arts schools. What school did he go to? What journal is he planning on publishing his thesis in? What's his thesis about?

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
somebody needs to read my signature

nunyabiznass

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
Time to call out the keyboard jockeys.

Could you post a picture of yourself? Because I believe I've seen a picture of Semag and he seems pretty damn big... whatever he's doing must be working.

Also, how did your brother manage to get a degree in kinesiology/working on one in toxicology without going to med school? Last time I checked, both those degrees weren't taught at any engineering/liberal arts schools. What school did he go to? What journal is he planning on publishing his thesis in? What's his thesis about?
Im in Canada, he did his Bsc. in Kinesiology AND his Masters in Kinesiology at Ottawa U. he is i currently attenting U. of Saskatchewan doing his Phd. in Toxicology and has had his interviews for med school, and obviously passed his MCATs.
as for his publications....... here you go.....
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed
that is the complete list of all articles he has authored and co-authored

He has been published in the Journal of Applied Physiology as well, thank you, come again.

nunyabiznass

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not saying anyone who eats 2g per pound of body weight wont grow! I AM saying all that EXTRA protein he is ingesting is not putting anymore muscle on than what he would if he ingested the amount of protein, the body can handle which I referred to in my first spiel on the matter. ITS A FACT the body can only synthesize so much protein at one time, the rest is broken down and excreted in the form of nitrogen through urine.It is very hard on your kidneys and liver as someone else alluded to earlier, I am just trying to help people save money and take it easier on their body, but like I said shovel 2g perd pound if u feel thats what you NEED to gain, which you dont, more isnt always better in this case.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you kidding me, protein roughly 20-35 bucks for like 80 servings of 22 grams. Chicken, 10 chicken breasts each at 30 grams of protein about 10 bucks. Tuna in a can, end up being like 2.50 for a huge can that has like 120 grams in it, the family size one. Someone already mentioned beans. 18 whole eggs at 7 grams of protein a peice whats like 130 grams of protein, but I wouldnt eat 18 whole eggs a day, even 18 egg whites at 4 grams a peice is like 80 grams for like 2 bucks. Milk is not that bad, beef, double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds.

These are not all the healthiest sources of protein but they will do so stop complaining.

nunyabiznass

Don Juan
Reaction score
coolguy676767 said:
Are you kidding me, protein roughly 20-35 bucks for like 80 servings of 22 grams. Chicken, 10 chicken breasts each at 30 grams of protein about 10 bucks. Tuna in a can, end up being like 2.50 for a huge can that has like 120 grams in it, the family size one. Someone already mentioned beans. 18 whole eggs at 7 grams of protein a peice whats like 130 grams of protein, but I wouldnt eat 18 whole eggs a day, even 18 egg whites at 4 grams a peice is like 80 grams for like 2 bucks. Milk is not that bad, beef, double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds.

These are not all the healthiest sources of protein but they will do so stop complaining.
I hope that wasnt directed at me, cheap or not its till more than you need to spend to get the adequate amounts of protein to build muscle.Ill digress, Im not here to argue with stubborn minds, just here to help some brothers out.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Tell me, if you're REQUIRED caloric requirements ARE 2000 calories. What macro nutrient ratio should you target?

I say that because MANY anti-protein proponents tout the kidneys, tout the waste, excess, urea production, all that stuff, but NEVER say, EAT more carbs, EAT more fat. So if it's not 1g/lb, or 2g/lb, what is it?

Does everybody have it wrong? Should we be consuming 1000calories and expect to grow, or 1500? I'm about 200lbs, cutting down, while chomping on 200protein grams per day. I'm highly carb sensitive, born at 9.7lbs, so I was chubby shyt at birth and until High School. I gain in many respects easily, that's both FAT and Muscle.

Based on ALL known formulas, I should be around 2500-2800 for maintenance, 2000-2300 for cutting. Overconsumption of carbs will result in high insulin sensitivity, i.e. fat storage and the likelihood I trigger my genetic predisposition to diabetes (cousin and grandfather with it).

At 2000 Calories, for 200 grams, that represents about 40% protein, with 40% carbs, and about 20% fats. Not a bad combo. The carbs come from whole wheat and grains, vegetables, yams, sweet potatoes, and salads, with SOME fruits thrown in.

I've tried ALL types of periods. Extra protein, like 400gs DOES build muscle and strength. I know, I did it, having gone from 180 to 210 quick and then cutting. Some went to fat, but my strength has stated put as I dump weight.

My only issue with any who REFUTES high protein is that, they fail to put into CONTEXT what is high protein! And then, WHAT are the alternatives? The NORMAL american couch potatoe, who chomps down burgers, steaks, and fatty foods, gets about 50-60% of their calories from protein, and the rest in carbs/fat. America is the HIGHEST consuming % country in the world, but most of these surveys are done on the AVERAGE sedentary american who feasts at McD's, buys traditional grocery store foods, and generally avoids the healthy versions of fish and chicken. NOT, the bodybuilder, fitness fanatic, or athlete.

Moreover, you can't EXACTLY study all athletes and their early demise, since the beating they take in football, boxing, fighting, etc contributes as much or MORE to their early death than their diet. A football with astounding injuries and concussions wiLL die sooner, esp due to the overconsumption of roids or pills, than the average fitness person.

Yes, I've read the reports on UNDERconsumption of calories leads to a longer life, and that MOST old timers I've met who live into their 80's and 90's did so BY walking for the remainder of their lives POST-gym.

But if you're going to contend PROTEIN consumption that high is bad, please insert what is correct, and if it achieves the goals of the individual, which is normally fat loss and muscle growth.

A-Unit