Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ex's & Oh's

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 21. She's 19. We dated for 26 months over a span from June of 2004 through the end of July 2006. She was the first woman I ever really took seriously in a relationship, the only woman I'm able to say with 100% confidence I love, and the only woman who would say the same to me in return and mean it.

When we broke up I pretty much looked at the situation in that it was my actions that caused the break up. I was good to her for a long time but when the serious thoughts of long term commitment creeped in, I must admit I never saw myself becoming tied up at such a young age for good and it scared me. I began to go out, check out the bars, and meet new people. I never cheated on her, but my indifferent attitude towards her and I caused her by mid summer to be ready to be done. She was a great girl to have by my side and I do regret some of the actions I made last year.

I always pictured myself completing college, meeting many different women, and by the time I had established a career for myself then begin to think about becoming a family man. And so at first, when we spent those couple months apart, I took advantage of it, going out with a couple different girls and enjoying my freedom. She did the same, and in October began to date another man.

I'm not posting on here to be judged for the decisions I then made, but rather to gain some extra insight on what I did and perhaps how I can better assess the future that lies ahead.

In early October, I decided this woman is really what I desire in my life. I wasn't sure about how to go about getting the message across, but I felt inspired to do something great. Something so meaningful that after there'd be no doubt real feelings would come out again. I've always had a good voice, and I knew that the Boys II Men Song I Swear was the song she'd always wanted played at her wedding. Late on a Sunday afternoon, I showed up at her front door, dressed in all white just like any one of the band members in any B2M music video, and in one of the greatest 5 minute periods in my life showed her what lengths I was willing to go to see her by my side again. I wasn't aware at the time she had met someone else. I got no reaction at all. I'm not sure 5 minutes was enough time for everything that just happened to sink in. Or a week. But within a week and a half, she contacted me at my job, asked me to come over to her parents house one night, and upon arriving, told me how much she loved me and for the next 2 hours, it was like it was back in 2004 all over again.

Then I didn't hear from her for 4 days. I had to track her down to see what the deal is. She told me she wanted to but just couldn't leave her current situation at the moment but be patient and in time our relationship is what she wants. I don't need this part analyzed, it told me that she wasn't done screwin around with the other guy or was too scared our relationship would fail again to make a change. By her more recent behavior, prolly the latter.

Over the last 3 months, we've been back and forth a hundred times, yet in the end, she's still at his apartment, sleeping in his bed every night. Don't get the wrong idea here. I haven't let this discourage me from trying to meet other women. I have. But at the end of the day, she's still the one in my thoughts, and I have no desire to walk away without a second chance with this girl.

Yesterday, we went to the movies. For awhile there she stopped contacting me at all, for most of November and December, it was on me to contact her. But lately, she's been sending me messages, called a couple times, basically showed an interest in at least seeing each other, although she remains with the other guy. After the movies she came in last night, and we talked for awhile. I told her how in the fall I plan on going to school in South Carolina, and the answer I'd been searching for for 5 months came out in the look she gave me in the 30 seconds following me speaking my intentions. It looked like she was ready to fall off the face of the earth. I knew all along this girl was still in love with me. Now I was sure of it.

Before she left, I figured I better create some tension. She leaned in to hug me and I grabbed her by the waist and went for the kiss. She pulled back, but rather than saying that isn't what she wants anymore, she just said "Jared, I can't do this to him." I made it obvious I wasn't pleased by her reaction and walked outta the room.

15 minutes after she left we talked again. I told her I knew how she still felt about me and she needs to stop living her life based on being concerned everyone else. In return, she said that why should she cheat on her boyfriend who loves her for someone who is leaving? (By the way, the guy she met plays the AFC role like a champ. Gives her whatever she wants, kisses her ass, let her move in after being together for 2 weeks...really the perfect guy for her to meet in my situation.) At no time during our conversation did she attempt to deny her feelings for me. My friends showed up and I ended the conversation. We haven't talked since.

It's obvious what my intentions here are. I'm not here to ask whether or not to move on, I've already made the conscious decision not to. I know the other man in her life doesn't rank for sh*t compared to me, and if I stay in her life, she will eventually want to give things another shot. She doesn't deny being scared to get back together, and at this point, I really feel like that's the only thing holding her back. Also, I don't need to hear a word of bullsh*t about how my actions have played exactly into her hands. This is somebody I love and worth putting forth effort for, not someone I saw at a coffee shop and became obsessed with. The rules change in these situations and I have tried to play my cards best. I did what I felt was necessary to show her how much I cared for her, but have in no way kissed her ass since. She paid for her ticket at the movies. All I have done is made a constant effort to keep in contact with her on a regular basis (at least once a week).

I'm not an idiot, and I would've been able to see it coming long ago if there wasn't a chance that I'd have this girl back in my life. But I feel like I have more than just a chance. Rather, that it's bound to happen in the near future.

The question I'm hoping to seek answer to is simple. How do I need to play my cards to get this girl back in my bed and by my side the day afterward? If you've never been in a long term relationship or have no personal experience dealing with this sorta situation, I'm not interested in your reply, simply because this is something only someone who's been there can have any attempt at trying to give a response.

A couple things I might have failed to mention. This guy has threatened to do things to himself if she were to leave him, and she would consider herself responsible. She never turns down an opportunity to get together. He basically moved his life here to Harrisburg to be with her, and he plays the guilt trip card better than any. And before yesterday, I'd made no previous attempt to kiss her or anything else.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on fellas. The second someone pops in with an easy one we're all too quick to give that personal opinion that's somehow gonna make the difference. And heaven forbid someone posts a load of bullsh*t, they'll get hit with more flames than the average fire department can handle.

But I hit you all with a tough one and nothing? I'm disappointed. There's a world full of beautiful women out there and I know, go find another one. That's not what I'm trying to do. Surely a few have experienced something similar.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i just finished reading that essay hehe ;)

anyways, i've been in a situation where the girl had a BF before, but never with an ex, so i can somewhat relate but not fully...

it seems that she is attracted to you, but was hurt before by you and its obvious she is comfortable with her new situation. When that comfort turns to boredom, that will probably be your IN. Dont let her play the best of both worlds or else she will...

good job on letting your intentions be known, and keep at it, its bound to happen agian. good luck and hopefully some better dj's can give you some more insight :)

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Jmm, what do you think we'll say? I figured everyone else would chime in with the predictable answer:

She dumped you. It's over.

Yeah, she's real sad about you leaving. Yeah, she says she still loves you. Yeah yeah yeah.

But she dumped you. It's over.

Simple proof:

This guy has threatened to do things to himself if she were to leave him, and she would consider herself responsible.
Okay, call her right now, tell her you can't stand being without her anymore, and make EXACTLY the same threat her guy makes. (The threat is credible, given how openly you like her.) Play the same guilt card he's playing, and since she loves you more, obviously she'll choose you.

Ah, but you don't have to try. Cause right now, just thinking about it, you know what her answer would be. She would stay with the other guy.

I'm not here to ask whether or not to move on, I've already made the conscious decision not to.
That's like saying, "how do I get the sh!t off this toilet paper I just wiped my a$$ with?"

I'm not posting on here to be judged for the decisions I then made
But that's bound to happen :) You should have told her that you don't want a monogamous relationship. Instead, you made her think you were cheating (my impression), and she dumped you. You've been seeing her, again, for 3 months, and she won't kiss you? How old is she going to be when you sleep with her again?

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I should clear a couple details up.

We've talked at least once a week over the last 3 months, sometimes for 5 minutes sometimes for 2 hours. In person, I've probably only seen her 3 or 4 times. And she knows I didn't cheat.

I'm not trying to make an ass out of myself and say things that aren't true to get her attention. I would never threaten to slit my throat period, much less over a broad.

Thanks for your attempts to sway me otherwise phyzzle. But now maybe we can hear from someone who doesn't feel the need to be a pessimistic little b*tch?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But now maybe we can hear from someone who doesn't feel the need to be a pessimistic little b*tch?
You're doomed, I tell you! DOOOOMMED!!!

But yeah, I would be interested to see if a guy on here has ever pulled that off. Getting an ex back while she's living with another guy. Sometimes, my exes get bored with their current guys and call me up, offer to cook me dinner, etc., just for the company. But my exes have no respect for my time, and if they feel the slightest whim to do something else, they just turn off their phone and don't show up.

All in all, it was never worth the effort to even try. But I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a different experience.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I would've just let it go in October if I hadn't heard from a couple people still really close to her that she still wants me and I'll probably get her back. The one was her best friend from high school and the other was her brother.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just dawned on me I forgot to mention one more thing very relavent to the situation. He bought a ring and asked her to marry him on Christmas. She turned him down. Don't know how little or much this changes things but I thought I might wanna share this.

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
Im in your situation right now, same line of thinking sometimes etc. but i dont know why and i know I should stop. I recently started school again for grad school and moved back to the same city after a year where my ex currently lives with her bf or whatever he is (the dude was fvcking both of her best friends when i was with her).

i was with her for two years lived with her talked about marriage etc. she was retarded basically her head was not there and wanted to end it so i said fine and packed my sh!t and moved out one day when she was out. we talked about a month or two once a week and fvcked a couple of times. then we stopped talking all the sudden. i found out shes with the chump which has nothing on me , seriously.

now that i recently moved back i ran into her. she said call me and i said no you call me. so a week later after that encounter i see a missed call from her. i call her back 2 hours later, no answer. now its been like 5 days and no call back. wtf she called for beats me. so today i tried to call her, no answer, no call back yet either, knowing her is she does call back it will be like 5 days later or whatever. because everything was so serious between us, shes with a chump, and shes somewhat opened up a line of contact by her trying to call me without me trying first has made me think about her a lot like everyday, before the call i was fine no worries or anything. now its bugging me im thinking of what im going to say to her or what or when i should call or if shes going to call me, what i should do if i see her out etc. bascially its waisting my time and i have other importatn sh!t to do like school and getting my life where it needs to be then worry about one (out of 3 billion)fvcked up, weight gaining, cokehead, disrespectful to others and herself, needy,emotional, branch swinging (guy to guy), settles for anyone, hypocritical promiscious slvtty b!tch azz girl.

Im only 24 your 21 we both have a lot of time to find a better girl which is 99.9% out there. stop putting her on a pedestool your putting your life on hold shes one girl its not worth it. shes probably telling that dude shes with about you talkin sh!t about you. your frame of mind needs to switch. put yourself above her put her below you unless you have low self esteem and think she is higher up than you. what does that tell you she settles for a chump and respects him. that means if shes with you and respects you that means your the same as that guy. youre acting like the AFC somewhat also. your kissing her azz.

I admit im not the biggest pimp but im not putting her on a pedastool, i act like a d1ck to her if i talk to her, its a mistake to do what both you and i are doing and thinking. who gives a fvck if your alone for a while just suck it up. youll find someone else dude but right now youre thinking you can't. youre putting your life on hold and basing life decisions around her. my thoughts have been the same as yours but now im eventually chanign my views for the better and you should too. stop talking to her its not worth it.