Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exercises for pectoralis minor?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My chest routine consists of flyes and bench presses and I have a well developed chest everywhere except around the nipple area, which looks underdeveloped and flat. I believe this is the pectoralis minor, right?

The reading I've done suggests I should be doing dips, but are there any other exercises I could add to develop this area?

Thanks.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to isolate it, just do your presses and it'll fill out.

If it's squishy then it might be bodyfat rather than lack of muscle.

Consider inclines/declines instead of flat bench.

I'd also lose the flyes but that's me.

steroidsrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
some people have "puffy nips" due to puberty... even though bodyfat is low, it still might look as though you have weak, flat pecs despite your strength... dieting and cardio help to get rid of it

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am carrying a little surplus bodyfat (esp after xmas binging), so that would make sense.

Warboss: Why do you suggest losing the flyes? Aren't they good for bringing out definition of the "inner" part of the chest?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Warboss: Why do you suggest losing the flyes? Aren't they good for bringing out definition of the "inner" part of the chest?
Not as much as benching 500lbs will.

I've never found flyes to be a productive exercise for me.. plus I used to stagnate on them fairly quickly when I did do them, hence me ditching them for flat dumbbell presses. My chest grew like a weed and I haven't looked back. :D

Some people like them, they have a place in some workout routines.. I personally don't, and believe that heavy presses will do more for your chest than flyes.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flys arent all that great for the chest. Only the first 1/3rd of the movement actually activate the chest - the rest is predominantly triceps.

If your chest development is lacking, then consider dumbell bench pressing on an incline/decline. Hell, a slight incline bench press phase could be just what you need to stimulate the muscle and cause a bit more growth.

steroidsrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
my chest day - bench, db bench, incline flies, decline bench, 3 sets each... it rules... there aint nothin wrong with flies its great for definition... but concentrate your energy on your core lifts such as bench