Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exercise Induced Anaphylaxis

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a severe case of it today at the gym. My face swollen up like Will Smith in the movie Hitch. I didn't even know this was a thing. Anyone else suffer from this? I may post pictures later. Its freaking.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did a bee sting you between sets? Or suffered from a broken orbital bone and not known about it until under tension from lifting?

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a severe case of it today at the gym. My face swollen up like Will Smith in the movie Hitch. I didn't even know this was a thing. Anyone else suffer from this? I may post pictures later. Its freaking.
I have heard of this. I'm assuming you've seen a doctor and were given the diagnosis? I've been training for over 30 years and trained athletes for over 20 years. As far as any association to "Getting it at the gym," it wasn't the gym presa. I'll preface this with, "I'm not a doctor" and am not giving medical advice, but a likely scenario is you ate something prior to going to the gym or took some sort of antibiotic or pain reliever. It could be something you've eaten before and not had a problem with but the difference could be that you have never coupled it with some sort of aerobic activity. Just like when you lift or run, you are actually stressing the body in a controlled manner to get an adaptation response. However when you ingest something that for whatever reason, your body has a mild allergic reaction to, the additional stress of activity like exercise, can temporarily suppress your immune system enough for the allergic reaction to overburden your immune systems ability to counteract what you've ingested.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard of this. I'm assuming you've seen a doctor and were given the diagnosis? I've been training for over 30 years and trained athletes for over 20 years. As far as any association to "Getting it at the gym," it wasn't the gym presa. I'll preface this with, "I'm not a doctor" and am not giving medical advice, but a likely scenario is you ate something prior to going to the gym or took some sort of antibiotic or pain reliever. It could be something you've eaten before and not had a problem with but the difference could be that you have never coupled it with some sort of aerobic activity. Just like when you lift or run, you are actually stressing the body in a controlled manner to get an adaptation response. However when you ingest something that for whatever reason, your body has a mild allergic reaction to, the additional stress of activity like exercise, can temporarily suppress your immune system enough for the allergic reaction to overburden your immune systems ability to counteract what you've ingested.

Yes I think you are right bro. I think it was the additional stress like exercise that caused it. So this means that I have to clean up my diet of anything that can be allergenic. Thanks for the advice.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did a bee sting you between sets? Or suffered from a broken orbital bone and not known about it until under tension from lifting?
I dont think its a bee...I ate shellfish earlier that day. I am trying to upload the picture of my face. It was horrible. I was so embarassed walking out of the gym.

• Wow
Reactions: BMX

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man get a physical done and see a physician. Likely nothing but best to be safe.