Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Brethren, I don't come around here anymore unless I have something to say. Two months ago I had a massive headache and I took some meds to help me sleep.

When I awoke the next morning the right side of my face had become paralyzed completely. I thought I had a stroke.

I have never been so sh!t scared in all my life.

I made an appointment to see my Doctor and he sent me for testing. My results came back negative for any abnormalities or conflicts in my brain or nervous system so it's been confirmed I have Bell's Palsy What I got:.

I was gloomy about it and unsure but I realized that what's done is done and all I can do is keep movin' on. I even broke up with one of the women I've been seeing because I felt a tad insecure (This has since been rectified and we are banging harder and nastier than ever!).

Another woman I've been seeing, we'll call her Kim, has helped me overcome any fear of societal perception regarding my paralyzation. In fact, she tells me I have a sexy Elvis type gimmick going on!

My point to this is that you guys can make all of the goddamned excuses you want to but in the end it's your own subjective fear which stops you. How arrogant was I to assume I knew what people were going to think of me and my half face? I was foolish and insecure but now I see my affliction as a positive aspect to my life. It's helped to shed the skin of negativity I had about my outword appearance. I am a much better person and a much better friend because I will not allow this to change how I percieve myself as a man.

Most of you guys have all of your faculties and still build a wall of excuses and nonsense for living lives of mediocrity. This has given me purpose. It's driven me to become more accepting of who I am and to accept people in my life for their afflictions and personality quirks.

So, I ask you Brothers, what excuses do you think are important enough to keep you in chains?

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. My grandmother was afflicted with Bell's paulsy. She got along in life quite well. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love your attitude brother Karma!!!

FWIW, when I got out of the service I drove across the country to move back home and go to college. About 3wks after I got back I had almost exactly the same experience you did - woke up one morning and the left side of my face was dead - will totally freak a person out.

I went to the doc who referred me to some type of neuro-type doc. He laid it out plain and simple. He asked if I do a lot of driving, I said no but I had just drove 2 straight days with the driver's window down. Bingo - that was it. He said that this afflicts people who drive a lot - WITH THEIR WINDOW DOWN! Think truckers, chauffeurs, smokers, etc.

I asked how long - he said (as I recall from 20yrs ago) that something like 85% of the people affected (or is effected?) will see a total recovery. But he wasn't really very clear on how long a recovery would take.

Needless to say, it was a blast to one's self confidence (perhaps more so because I was younger and thought it would last forever). My old buds didn't waste any time giving me sh!t about it, mumbling back at me (because speech was altered similar to visit to the dentist) and they would look at me funny to mimic my one eye lid drooping.

But you know what, they were actually doing me more good than harm. It was their way of accepting it and getting me to not take it so damned seriously. My folks, brother and sister were very supportive. However, no one really understood it and sort of acted like "why don't you just start making those muscles move on your own." It always took explaining that somehow a nerve down in/near the ear had been numbed due to the cold air whipping across the outside of the ear while driving.

You know what dude - about 3 months later I noticed one day things were different. I recall it healed over the course of a week or two. Now it is totally gone with one very minor exception, I think my one eyelid droops ever so slightly. No one can see it in a picture but every once in while (under certain circumstances) I can sense it on my own which of course gets me worried that it will relapse.

Given your odds, you will recover fully or so close to fully that this next few months will be more a nuisance than anything else. You've already shown that going through it when more mature and unplugged makes it a hell of a lot easier to deal with and keep moving forward with your life.

And to all those guys out there driving (especially smokers) you might want to re-think driving for long periods of time with the window down. This affliction can be avoided almost entirely.

I keep moving forward in my life....BUT MY FVCKIN' WINDOW IS UP :)

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Karma, glad to hear that nothing has been stopping you. WTF is Bell's Palsy anyway? I mean, I know what it is. But it's not going to stop a guy like you right?

My buddy has it and he continues to cycle over 60 miles per week, skis every weekend, and still manages to hold down a marriage and raise three kids while tiling high end homes during the week. No skin off his balls, and it obviously isn't any skin off your balls either.

Bravo sir. Turning a perceived negative into a positive. That's what it's all about right there.

Respect.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:

Notice how most of these guys are viewed as tough guys (except Clooney).

It's great to hear this isn't going to stop your forward motion, Karma. It's also good to hear that in most cases this is just temporary. Before you know it, this will be just a minor blip on the radar screen of life.

If it doesn't disappear completely, take up acting. :up:

Also, anything that makes us unique, we should be proud of.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I was gloomy about it and unsure but I realized that what's done is done and all I can do is keep movin' on.

My point to this is that you guys can make all of the goddamned excuses you want to but in the end it's your own subjective fear which stops you. How arrogant was I to assume I knew what people were going to think of me and my half face?

Most of you guys have all of your faculties and still build a wall of excuses and nonsense for living lives of mediocrity. This has given me purpose. It's driven me to become more accepting of who I am and to accept people in my life for their afflictions and personality quirks.

So, I ask you Brothers, what excuses do you think are important enough to keep you in chains?

Karma......... Major respect.:up:

You have the right attitude. Going forward with faith and courage is the only way to handle these types of life's challenges.

I wish you the best.

Cheers!