Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Excerises for wrist growth?

Circa

Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically I have started weight training. I am on my second week now, but I am very dedicated and don't plan on quitting anytime soon. I've been practicing (weight training rather, but still doing their aerobic workouts) with the football team at my school, even though I have no intention of joining, I'm just doing it to stay healthy and get a little bigger.

Anyway.. the only part of my body I'm really concious about is my wrists. I have always been a skinny person with a fast metabolism I still kind of am. I think my arms are about average maybe a little below, however my wrists is what makes me look so scrawny, it makes me look weak when I know I'm not. Btw, I'm 140lbs and about 6'1. Basically Im just wondering if there is anything I can do to make my wrists a little bigger.. some people have been telling me it's impossible and that part of my body will stay the same, and if any growth happens it is very minimol.. but I'm not giving up. I just want a little bigger wrists to add a little more effect to my psysique, but it doesn't really help being tall and skinny and have really long arms.. so is there anything I can do?

Also as a side note... what are some good chest exercises? Either body weight or lifting.. thanks

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrist size is genetically determined and will not change; it's to do with your bone structure. However a smaller wrist just makes your forearms look better so it's a blessing really.

As for chest: any kind of chest press, dips, squats and deads for overall growth...

Circa

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you're saying there's no way to increase my wrist size? Even in the slightest......?

And thanks for the chest stuff.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not really. But it's not a bad thing if aesthetics is your goal. :)

Circa

Don Juan
Reaction score
True. I want to get slightly bigger, but I also want to keep my atheltic and combat oriented body. Like I've been training for muscle growth and strength but I am also doing combat training as well.. so maybe it's not so bad..

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of my wrist girth either... but I went from being 6' and 135lbs to 160lbs and they're basically the exact same size.

There's just very little muscle structure around the wrist bones. As WBA said, you're pretty much stuck with your wrists no matter what. They can get bigger a tiny bit, but it's a waste of time to really try and work them.

Do medicine ball pushups. The ones I made a post about a few weeks back. They'll work your wrists along with your forearms, triceps, abs, pecs, delts. They're just a great overall workout. Also great for the style of look you're going for - athletic, flexible, agile. It will also improve your balance a ton.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Circa said:
So you're saying there's no way to increase my wrist size? Even in the slightest......?

And thanks for the chest stuff.
Who gives a damn about size. You have what you got dealt when you were born. Can't change it.

But you can improve it. While you can't make them bigger, you can bake them stronger. Work on upping weights for all you exercises that involve holding someting. Your wrist strength will follow suit.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Circa said:
Also as a side note... what are some good chest exercises? Either body weight or lifting.. thanks
Flat bench press, incline bench press (even better than flat for size), decline bench press, dips. All the bench presses can be done either using barbells or dumbbells. Also there's dumbbell flies (flat or incline) and cable flies which are alright for a good stretch, but aren't really gonna bring your strength up. And then there's the crap exercises some people like doing such as cable crossovers etc. (and chest press machines, which might be alright to an extent).

-shaun

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You cannot increase your wrist size.

However, you can cover up your small wrists by creating an illusion of large arms, work your forearms...people definitely pay attention to the size/muscularity of your forearms.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you 6 footers sound awfully skinny by your weight. I too feel I am plagued with skinny wrists but I weigh in at 220, at 6'2".

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey was wondering with the forearms..they're the part right below your biceps right? =P

will continuing with chest presses and stuff like that give you more cut forearms after you've been at it for awhile? like mine don't seem to be very cut...

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hitman10000 said:
people definitely pay attention to the size/muscularity of your forearms.
Especially women! :cool:

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
int3l said:
hey was wondering with the forearms..they're the part right below your biceps right? =P

will continuing with chest presses and stuff like that give you more cut forearms after you've been at it for awhile? like mine don't seem to be very cut...
Go to a big chain grocery store, check out the arms from those guys or even girls that do the grocery bagging. Copy what they do to get a muscular forearm.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Circa said:
So basically I have started weight training. I am on my second week now, but I am very dedicated and don't plan on quitting anytime soon. I've been practicing (weight training rather, but still doing their aerobic workouts) with the football team at my school, even though I have no intention of joining, I'm just doing it to stay healthy and get a little bigger.

Anyway.. the only part of my body I'm really concious about is my wrists. I have always been a skinny person with a fast metabolism I still kind of am. I think my arms are about average maybe a little below, however my wrists is what makes me look so scrawny, it makes me look weak when I know I'm not. Btw, I'm 140lbs and about 6'1. Basically Im just wondering if there is anything I can do to make my wrists a little bigger.. some people have been telling me it's impossible and that part of my body will stay the same, and if any growth happens it is very minimol.. but I'm not giving up. I just want a little bigger wrists to add a little more effect to my psysique, but it doesn't really help being tall and skinny and have really long arms.. so is there anything I can do?

You can't increase your wrist size. However if you build up your forearm size, you'll arm will definitely look bigger.

Chest: heavy bench, dips, flyes.

-Mehdi.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, not knowing your wrist size isn't telling me much. Take a measurement of your wrist. You measure the wrist toward your hand just inside the two bones of the wrist.

My wrist are 7 1/2 which if I am not mistaken considered large frame and my forearms have grown in size to 12 1/2 and having whatever you call this condition I have I still see skinny arms and I am 6-2-6-3 220.

You just might have big wrist but just see them differently than someone else might is the reason I bring this up regardless of your body weight.

LoneSilver

PS... don't under estimate the goodness of Push ups with Push up bars which are cheap and weighted Push ups with these Push up bars. I believe doing them have helped me in my arm strength and have helped me in my other exercises like Deadlifts, Squats, Bench, Rows and Presses. They are good at strengthing the back, abs, neck, shoulders and arms and adding weight to your body they kick ass but watch your form.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wrists are 6 1/2 inches and look silly compared to my forearms, in my eyes, not "bigger".

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the chart below is a true indicator of frame size then I am medium framed not a large frame.

Maybe the experts or those of more experiences in this matter will comment.

Small = wrist size 5.5" to 6.5"
Medium = wrist size 6.5" to 7.5"
Large = wrist size over 7.5"