excellent book - Think and Grow Rich

gettingthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
"as you think, so shall you become"

I've seen Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill mentioned in passing on this site before.

I think this book is probably the inspiration for that quote.

This is an old book that I think everyone should read. it won't directly help you get laid, but I think it is very valuable if you are really looking to improve your life all around.

some highlights:

-most men rarely achieve any real professional 'success' until after age 40. except for a few dot com and movie exceptions, this is still very true. just to realize that makes me feel younger. even Jackie Chan didn't really become successful with his movies until after age 40. he is just one of many examples.

-the idea that women are are man's greatest motivating force. see chapter 'the mystery of sex transmutation'

-fear (see the last chapter 'the six ghosts of fear)- often irrational ones hinder many people, especially people on this site.

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gettingthere,

That is a great book. I am on Chapter 4 of this book. Do get this book. It has helped my father become successful in his life. That is why I am reading it. Go get a copy. It is well worth it.

Good Luck,

Legend

------------------
"Do not fear failure." George S. Patton

"Do not make excuses, whether it s your fault or not."....George S. Patton

"Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and the American way." ... George S. Patton

DonJoey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love these kinds of books.....really get you thinking.

siegeboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried to read this book 3 times now. I put it down again.. I don't have the motivation to read it..do they have the audio version..
??

gettingthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is an audio version. I don't have it but I have heard someone else mention it.

I'm on my forth reading of it in several years. Start with whatever looks interesting.

I'd recommend chapter 1 and 2 (thoughts are things, and desire), chapter 11 (mystery of sex transmutation) and chapter 15 (six ghosts of fear). The others are important too, but can be slow reads.

improvinmygame

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just bought it today in fact. Also want to recommend a book titled "The Magic of Thinking Big" by David Joseph Schwartz, PhD. For us DJs especially Chapter 3, Build Confidence and Destroy Fear. Well worth the 12 bucks I paid for it.

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think and Grow Rich...
I know a man who claims that he has read it over 80 times... That guy owns a company that made around $1.970.000 in turnover in December alone, and it's been like that for pretty much last three years. One of his underlings gave me this book as a present, and dammit it was a revelation.
While your at it, make sure you read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". It's great.
Cheers.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've read or listened to Rich dad, Poor dad, is this book still useful?

My dad has listened to the audio tapes from Rich dad, Poor dad. He's actually begun to work on everything this week - getting a partnership with a very potential company selling a high-quality, low-priced product with crappy representation as well as getting a partnership with a company that deals in the merges and acquisitions of other companies. (in one week!)

My question is basically: is this book still worth it if he's already gotten his drive from Rich dad, Poor dad?

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great book, possibly the best i've ever read. I still read come back to it every so often, even though i've read it three times. It contains information so important that quite frankly, i feel bad for anyone going thorugh life without knowing it. It's an absolute essential and reading it should be the number one priority for anyone looking to improve their life. However, the quote in question came from As A Man Thinketh by James Allen, another must-read book.

Originally posted by siegeboy
I tried to read this book 3 times now. I put it down again.. I don't have the motivation to read it..do they have the audio version..
??
As Tony Robbins would say, kick your own ass man! Do you seriously want to see yourself as someone who doesn't even have enough willpower to read a single book? Get to it! It's a great book and once you get hooked on it, you'll want to read it over and over. If you don't have the "motivation" to read it, you might as well accept the fact that you don't have what it takes to succeed in life. Is that who you wanna be? If not, you know what to do! Pick it up and start reading!

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a great book, and yes there is an audio book. Though, I do have to admit the reader does a bad job of reading the book on the tape. Another good book is Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" I love that book!

Kyle

PS-And if you like Napolean Hill--"The Power of Positive Thinking" is great too.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the ebook but have yet to read it.