Exactly how do I ask her?

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt any of you remember me, but I'm the guy who posted this topic a little while ago.

I still have oneitis and I want to keep it, so please don't try to help me "get over it." I have no doubt that you'd mean well, but it ain't gonna happen.

Being the AFC I am, I haven't gone much further since I posted that topic, despite all your urging. I know you people were giving good advice, but I just couldn't force myself to follow it.

Luckily, I think she still likes me (read: crush, at least). She tends to be particularly shy when I'm around, and recently during a fire drill, she kept talking quietly to her friend and giggling with an occasional glance in my direction. I still like her (read: oneitis), and circumstances are about to force my hand.

See, we have two classes together. Both are quarter classes, however, so if I don't ask her now, chances are I'm never going to. So, sensibly, I've decided to ask her now.

My time limits are set by the final exams. I don't want to ask her on an exam day, and exams begin this Friday. I have to ask her before then.

Now, I'm going to give you a little background.

I'm sort of introspective and not outgoing at all. Frankly, I think that most people aren't worth knowing.

I do have friends, but they're not exactly the most popular people in school. That's alright.

As for the girl, she's probably on a slightly higher rung of the social ladder than I am. She's quite, but she knows a lot of people well enough to talk to them at school, but I think she only has a few friends that she's actually close to. Some of them are quite a bit more flamboyant than I am.

I, on the other hand, don't have any cohesive group of people I could hang out with or talk to.

In case you were wondering, we're both juniors in high school, and neither of us has our license yet. I'm not sure when she gets her's, but I'll get mine in a few months.

So, I'd like to ask you:

1. Does she like me? (I'm pretty sure of the answer to this one, but I'd like some reassurance)
  2. How can I get her away from her friends long enough to ask her to go someplace? If possible, I'd like to be able to do this without making my intentions obvious.
  3. How should I work the driving situation?
  4. Can I keep her interested in me as a nice and intelligent guy? I have a bit of a dry wit, so I've got F. I'm just missing C.
  5. Is the coffeehouse in the town where she lives a good place to go for a first date? She'll probably be able to walk, but I'll have to get someone to drive me.
  6. I was not previously part of her social circle, so will she expect me to hang out with her friends when/if we start dating? Will she expect to hang out with my friends, who are really pretty boring?
  7. Assuming that I start dating her, how do I interact with her in school? Do I find her and talk to her in the hall between classes? In the unlikely event that we have a class together, how do I act?
    [/list=1]

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post. If you could respond to it (no matter what you have to say), I would appreciate it.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You made 2 mistakes in this post. The first was the link to the other thread where you displayed that you weren't looking for change and that you just wanted to get a girl or whatever.

Oak was right when he said you sound like a little p*ssy.

The second mistake was telling us you had no plans to get over your one-itis and that you wanted to keep it. Point blank, in english, you are telling us to go fvck ourselves and that what WE KNOW is best is nothing to you. I'd tell you about a thrid mistake but I didn't read that far.

You're not here to do anything about yourself. You're a little brat that just wants quick tips to get a girl.

Yes, I am laying off the insults people. But I urge you to realise that this dude is not worth a DJ's time.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely, it would be more worthwhile for you to have improved so you could get any girl you wanted, including this girl. Not just this one.

I do not know your exact situation, for the general questions about how you date, just watch what other people at your school do. How about first date, you get dropped off at her house and walk her somewhere near, a surprise for her. The unexpected.
(no im not talking about raping her)

Just grab your balls (figurativelly) and go and ask her out.
If she is with her friends, say please may I borrow her for a second.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
The first was the link to the other thread
I linked to that thread to give anyone who was interested in helping me more information.

You're not interested in helping me, so I don't care whether you read that thread or not.

I could give the people who are trying to help me more information, or I could not link to the thread and maybe you'd insult me over the internet.

Frankly, it won't change a damned thing whether you insult me or not, but it could help me enormously if I give other people as much information as possible.

you displayed that you weren't looking for change and that you just wanted to get a girl or whatever.
Yeah, you've got that exactly right.

I'm content with myself the way I am now. I'm not going to try to force change.

I know that concept my not jive with your notions, but I don't care.

Oak was right when he said you sound like a little p*ssy.
Whatever.

The second mistake was telling us you had no plans to get over your one-itis and that you wanted to keep it. Point blank, in english, you are telling us to go fvck ourselves and that what WE KNOW is best is nothing to you.
I'm enjoying my oneitis.

I like it, and I'm going to keep it.

You're not here to do anything about yourself.
Actually, I think that my experience with this girl, whatever the outcome, is going to improve me.

I'm satisfied with that.

You're a little brat that just wants quick tips to get a girl.
You've got it completely right, except for the brat part.

I think that the term "brat" applies more aptly to you than it does to me.

Yes, I am laying off the insults people.
If you're laying off the insults, it's raining jizz outside my window.

I urge you to realise that this dude is not worth a DJ's time.
If the only thing worth a DJ's time is turning other people into Don Juans, then I suppose you're right.

However, if the DJs here are interested in simply helping me out, then I am worth their time.

Retsam, you think I'm the one with problems. You're wrong.

Unless what you're trying to do is give me a kick to the hindquarters in order to get me moving, your post was entirely worthless.

You were rude, shallow, and generally immature.

You may be a Don Juan, but you are certainly not the type of Don Juan I would like to emulate.

If you have any comments that you feel will be helpful, please post. If you just want to shove a stick up my ass, **** off.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
U know what, Lik's right. You dont want to help yourself.

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bravo again to Lik

I'm picturing a frothing dog chained to a post as a small AFC walks by, that's Lik right now (the dog I mean).

I say fvck it.

This is all you gotta do:

Tommorow after your second class is over (or between classes), you're going to walk with her. Don't make excuses as to why you can't get this far because I KNOW you can, I've been there. If you can't do this, you don't deserve her in the first place, and you've already lost. You say you want reassurance that she likes you? The only place this can come from is her.

When you're walking with her ask if she wants to go get some coffee at x time (this is all you have to figure out). She will ask where at, and when she does suggest the one near her house (don't say "that one by your house" you creep!). If she likes you at all she'll oblige OR she'll give a damn good reason why not. Plus girls that age will be blown away by your courage. If she pulls the "i have to study" thing, just tell her it will be less than an hour. Then you'll know. Now find ANYONE to get you there, i don't care if you have to buy a shopping cart off a bum! (k maybe not that, but just because it will smell.) If all goes well, then naturally you'll have to plan the next date and it won't be such a big leap since she's technically already been out with you.

Read up on the bible AND David Deangelo, he's got some good advice on attraction, best stuff i've read.

If she turns you down, you'll feel relieved that you don't have to think of her anymore, and you don't ever have to talk to her again, so it's really a win-win situation. The only way you can lose is by doing NOTHING. You don't want to lose, do ya?

DAMMIT! NO EXCUSES! JUST DO IT! YOU'LL THANK ME!

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I help AFCs that want to be helped. This guy does not want my help. Or yours. He wants you (because by now I've made it clear he shouldn't expect it from me) to rub his ego.

I can stand back content because I know where this guy is going. Nowhere.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAMMIT! NO EXCUSES! JUST DO IT! YOU'LL THANK ME!
Thank you.

It's kind of cool when somebody tries to help. The rest of you should try it sometime.

I help AFCs that want to be helped. This guy does not want my help. Or yours.
So, if somebody doesn't want the kind of help you want to give them, you tell 'em to go **** themselves?

Nice one.

OMG Retsam, only you can save the world.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PROBLEMS:

(1) You like being an AFC. They have other boards for that.
(2) You enjoy one-itis. Let's see if you enjoy lonely nights.
(3) You asked, "Does she like me?" If you don't know, how the f*ck do we?
(4) Your mindset is that most people aren't worth knowing (an elitist excuse for your shyness)
(5) You believe her friends are boring, which isn't going to earn you any points, and if you think her friends are boring then she must be boring also. We hang out with people with similar interests.
(6) You don't have many/any friends. This indicates that you might need to work on social skills, especially with the "nobody's worth knowing" attitude.
(7) You don't follow good advice.
(8) YOUR GOTDAMNED USER NAME IS "MEDIOCRE". I am telling you people, you call yourself "mediocre", you BECOME mediocre. Ignore that at your own peril.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
You believe her friends are boring
I never said that, and I don't believe it.

Your mindset is that most people aren't worth knowing (an elitist excuse for your shyness)
Yes. It is.

YOUR GOTDAMNED USER NAME IS "MEDIOCRE". I am telling you people, you call yourself "mediocre", you BECOME mediocre. Ignore that at your own peril.
I was wondering when somebody was going to point this out.

My user name is just that: a name. Honestly, I already have the "I'm better than everyone else" mindset. I'm just too damned shy.

You don't follow good advice.
LikRetsam wasn't giving good advice.

He was bawling his insecure little eyes out.

All the other advice was good, and I appreciate it.

How about first date, you get dropped off at her house and walk her somewhere near, a surprise for her.
If somebody did that to me, I would just think they were a creep.

Surely, it would be more worthwhile for you to have improved so you could get any girl you wanted, including this girl. Not just this one.
Yes.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen boy, take a good look at yourself and why you target other people as insecure as a defense for you being insecure.

I'm done here. You're not even a genuine retard. You're a weak imitation of a genuine retard.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen boy, take a good look at yourself and why you target other people as insecure as a defense for you being insecure.
Eh?

I'm not defending my insecurity. I acknowledge it, and will work to change it.

I'm just saying that you've proven yourself to be an insecure prick, who feels a need to assert himself by insulting others who are seeking help.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who answered my questions. I think I'm done with this thread.

Most of you have been helpful, and I appreciate that.

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mediocre

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who answered my questions. I think I'm done with this thread.

Oh no you ain't. ur gonna do what i said mister, then you're gonna tell us what happened...TOMORROW...MUWAHAHA!!

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is too funny. I find guys like you and **** have their girlfriends suck my **** for fun after class before work. Thats right, there is a specific time of day to set the world right for losers like you :)

Its not wrong to be head over heels for a girl. Its not wrong to chase after her, either. Its wrong to chase after her without trying to learn something from it.

You know what guys? Most of us found the site AFTER we had our hearts broken. He just found it BEFORE. Take a look at how we would have sounded if we all stumbled upon this place a month earlier than we did...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he looks at this thread, I hope he sees this. Dude, it's ok to enjoy "oneitis" or really liking a girl, but... WAIT A MINUTE

you: "Will she expect to hang out with my friends, who are really pretty boring?"

you: "I never said that, and I don't believe it. "

Okay, forget it. I'll post my advice if you explain that one, kid.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In response to my suggestion.

If somebody did that to me, I would just think they were a creep.
I was just trying to help as you appear unable to do anything. I dont think that is creepy at all, it is sweet (her parents might even be impressed) as you are making sure she gets there and back safely. It means that you have an entire date with built in walking outside (actually one of the best things for a date; so many things to do/comment on/allows spontaniety). It means that it is a surprise to her, you look more adventurous, if you see somewhere nicer you want to take her you can on the way there.

In what way does that make you a creep.

Reaction score

[*]Can I keep her interested in me as a nice and intelligent guy? I have a bit of a dry wit, so I've got F. I'm just missing C.

You're missing alot more than C son, I'll tell you that much.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mediocre,

I'll be happy to help you out (you need a LOT of help), but what you're going to have to do is LET GO of all this pre-wired knowledge and thinking that YOUR way is correct. If YOUR way of doing it was correct, you would have her already. But people will not be able to offer you advice when they know you are just going to shoot it down. Just a thought.