Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ex girlfriend is trying to Rub it in. How do you think I handled it?

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya dude, you’re not handling it right in my opinion.

You should have cut her out entirely. Now you’re looking like the weak and desperate one. Give her the gift of your absence - forever.

Too many fish in the sea, and you can’t get bit if you ain’t wet. Get out there and find new women

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I've actually been dating other girls since we broke up. I felt that she was trying to make me jealous with her post, but I felt it was my opportunity to use her own post to distance her further. So I replied to her story:
You wanted to distance the space between you and your ex, so you decided it would be best to reply and react to a post she made of a new guy she likes?

Hmm..

Me: "Your new hunk?"
Her: "Well, I don't own anyone".
Me: "Your mancrush I should say ;)"
Her: "Thank you so much for giving me space! :)"
Me: "That's awesome, I'm glad the space is working for you. I'm really happy for you and I wish you the best of luck :):)"
She saw the message but didn't reply.

Sure I could have just ignored it, but there's no fun in that!
What are your thoughts on her, the intention of her public post, and my response?
My thoughts are you are still in Love.

What is your purpose here? Are you trying to make her fall in love with you again? Are you Jealous? Are you Bored? Do you need your Emotional needs met?

Men, remember, everything you do should have a purpose, otherwise what you are doing is useless.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
In 2019 guys are stalking their ex gfs and engaging in petty snarky banter whilst framing it as being unreactive.

Just because you are posting on a mens forum doesn't mean guys will automatically take your side and rationalize away your loser behavior. That's what women do.

Men are more likely to punch you into the face for being so pathethic.
Complete reversal from masculine to feminine.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The title of this thread alone is a fail. Didn't need to read the post! That's how you handled it.

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
You wanted to distance the space between you and your ex, so you decided it would be best to reply and react to a post she made of a new guy she likes?

Hmm..

My thoughts are you are still in Love.

What is your purpose here? Are you trying to make her fall in love with you again? Are you Jealous? Are you Bored? Do you need your Emotional needs met?

Men, remember, everything you do should have a purpose, otherwise what you are doing is useless.
Basically, we were friends who hooked up, then broke up and remained friends. I have no feelings for her (although others may disagree from responses). Purpose? She's been helpful in life...and an easy root when I feel like it or if she does. I know shes got me on her radar, as she initiates texts and tried to make me jealous with that post. Im actually casually seeing others at the moment who are way more boring and not as good in bed. I haven't told her that I'm seeing others and saw this post as an opportunity to distance myself from her without telling her that I'm seeing others.

I know it seems a bit fkd, coz my response appeared weak, like i still have feelings for her, and that i still have her on my radar for a root.

As others have said, in hindsight I probably should not have responded or given any validation.

Last edited:

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, we were friends who hooked up, then broke up and remained friends. I have no feelings for her (although others may disagree from responses). Purpose? She's been helpful in life...and an easy good when I feel like it or if she does. I know shes got me on her radar, as she initiates texts and tried to make me jealous with that post. Im actually casually seeing others at the moment who are way more boring and not as good in bed. I haven't told her that I'm seeing others and saw this post as an opportunity to distance myself from her without telling her that I'm seeing others.

I know it seems a bit fkd, coz my response appeared weak, like i stikl have feelings for her, and that i still have her on my radar for a root.

As others have said, in hindsight I probably should have responded or given any validation.
Who cares if what you did looked afc or not.
However id say BS on the no feeling, just the time investment in this thread says otherwise.

Happens to the best of us man

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, we were friends who hooked up, then broke up and remained friends. I have no feelings for her (although others may disagree from responses). Purpose? She's been helpful in life...and an easy root when I feel like it or if she does. I know shes got me on her radar, as she initiates texts and tried to make me jealous with that post. Im actually casually seeing others at the moment who are way more boring and not as good in bed. I haven't told her that I'm seeing others and saw this post as an opportunity to distance myself from her without telling her that I'm seeing others.

I know it seems a bit fkd, coz my response appeared weak, like i still have feelings for her, and that i still have her on my radar for a root.

As others have said, in hindsight I probably should have responded or given any validation.
Why in God’s name would you EVER be friends with a girl? Just why? It’s such a waste of time and resources and just your overall mental well being. Women friends do nothing but get in the way and take up the time you could be meeting women that could give two ****s about being your friend and instead want to date you or shag you or both.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why in God’s name would you EVER be friends with a girl? Just why?
Many reasons. One is to get introduced to their friends, who you might want to date. Another is to give you social proof when you are out with them in public. Another is to hone your skills in talking to and interacting with women (face to face ONLY).

Lastly, there can be genuine friendships with girls where you are just buds, like with a guy. This is rare, but over the years I have collected a few. Like a male friend, they must be high quality people and provide a value exchange with you. The ones I have I am not super close with, but we do hang out once a month or so. Some more, some less.

I don't know if OP is getting any value from this girl in question though. Hard to say if what she did was strictly for his benefit or what but if so, that's the OPPOSITE of value exchange. And beyond that, who posts a collage on social media of shirtless pics of someone they are seeing? Red flag.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He uses more emojis than the girl=feminine to the core

Glassguy

Reaction score
Me: "Your new hunk?"
"I am jealous and bothered about this guy."

Her: "Well, I don't own anyone".
Typical meaningless womanspeak

Me: "Your mancrush I should say ;)"
"I am jealous and bothered about this guy."

Her: "Thank you so much for giving me space! :)
"I thought you said you were going to give me space, but you're not."

Me: "That's awesome, I'm glad the space is working for you. I'm really happy for you and I wish you the best of luck :):)"
"I can't give you space. I'm obsessed and haven't moved on yet. I'm miserable to know that you're having a good time and posting this to make me jealous."
^^^^^ACCURATE^^^^^^^

Just some other things I noticed:

I didn't want to be an arsehole
You should have been more of an @sshole. If you were, she would be chasing you around instead of you stalking her on Social Media.
Instead, your actions are seriously weak and beta.

It's been 2.5 months since we broke up in an amicable way
Basically she dumped you, you still want her and it will remain amicable until you realize she isnt coming back.

I wanted no contact, but she has been replying to my social media feeds and I have replied to her replies, as I didn't want to be an arsehole. I seldom initiate.
You just initiated an entire beta text that you showed us above in your original post.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head to reply to her social media posts (which are pointless btw). Had you ignored her after the break up and went NC, she might be chasing you at this point once she found out you were out building a solid rotation of plates. Instead you are waiting for her to come around which obviously isnt going to happen. But if you had ignored and moved on at the break up, you would certainly be in a much better place right now after 2.5 months than you currently are in.

Sure I could have just ignored it, but there's no fun in that!
I guess her ripping your heart out every time she screams "found a new dic to ride!" on social media is fun these days?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people are just gluttons for punishment

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any respsonse or interaction to her shows she is still in your head. The fact that she is posting or replying to your feeds shows she still wants to be in your orbit and to feed her ego she is still trying to get your attention. Delete her and block her. Ignore any attempt she makes for your attention.
Your attention is currency. Spend it where there is a return on your investment. She is a waste.

Do what no other guy has ever done to her before. Next her without a second thought and move on.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any respsonse or interaction to her shows she is still in your head. The fact that she is posting or replying to your feeds shows she still wants to be in your orbit and to feed her ego she is still trying to get your attention. Delete her and block her. Ignore any attempt she makes for your attention.
Your attention is currency. Spend it where there is a return on your investment. She is a waste.

Do what no other guy has ever done to her before. Next her without a second thought and move on.
Very good explanation

Attention is the currency, displeasing action from her=withdrawal of attention.

Its like training a dog, if you give reward(attention) for bad behavior she will continue to do the same.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Complete reversal from masculine to feminine.
He uses more emojis than the girl=feminine to the core
"What we have here is failure to communicate (like a man)"....lol

OP acts like a woman. The emojis, the beta texting, the staunch smell of jealousy and bitterness that the chick can smell a mile away.

It sickens me.

2019- when some men act like women and wonder why they cant lead and are always chasing chicks.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Yesterday, she posts a public story of a dude she's been flirting with (as seen on her social media posts, complimenting his looks etc and he'd flirt with her too), whereby she made a collage of him of all his topless pics and posts "what an amazing guy"
I've actually been dating other girls since we broke up. I felt that she was trying to make me jealous with her post, but I felt it was my opportunity to use her own post to distance her further. So I replied to her story:
She set out the bait/trap and you fell right in the web. Not only that but you initiated the conversation which made it worse. We all make mistakes and deep down it most likely bothers you a bit which is natural, many guys on here have been there (myself included). Overall you lost this round and what you should do is completely remove yourself from what she's doing. All that bullsh!t she's posting about "What an amazing guy" is all smoke to try and get you to choke on. You felt she was trying to make you jealous because that's exactly what she was trying to do and succeeded.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good explanation

Attention is the currency, displeasing action from her=withdrawal of attention.

Its like training a dog, if you give reward(attention) for bad behavior she will continue to do the same.
My number one rule in any walk of life :

' Never reward bad behaviour. '

You are teaching her/them/whoever to treat you badly. You are teaching them to disrespect you. You are teaching them to use you.

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
She saw the message but didn't reply. Second "tell". That wasn't the response she wanted, and it stung how her plan backfired.
Spot on!
Too bad the others on here can't see that.

To the others on here, here's a few points to clarify:
- 3 emoji makes a guy feminine? Oh the peer pressure! If you can pick up that I was being snarky, you'll notice that it stung her.
- it was actually me that dumped her, because I didn't see us having a future together. I am by no means going to let some woman live off my hard work if she doesn't have much to contribute besides company and sex - which is why I have her as a *friend*. If you have no attachment, it's actually great to keep them as friends, particularly if they are in your social circle or have hot friends. If theyre useless, the whole no-contact and be an a-hole tactic would be suitable.
- I like the quote about attention being akin to currency. Brilliant!