"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Ex - b#tch twisted the knife again...

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
another piece of the ongoing saga...

Yesterday was our anniversary - would have been 5 yrs.

She calls me at work - tells me she's been thinking about me etc. etc. etc...

Forwards a bunch of photo's on to me of her at her sisters wedding - all dressed up of course..... (yeah looking hot)

Asking me whether I missed her - have I thought about her.


I just told her that I've been doing well lately...... she asked me about the new girl I've been seeing - and I kept it short and sweet.

I told her that she's been fun - that she 25 and that it's good to be with a younger girl (my ex is 30) that likes to have fun...

I ended the convo with a - I've got to go to a meeting.
**************



It just amazes me why there's this continuous game and BS with her....

It doesn't make sense.

She's just trying to get a reaction out of me.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

torqueboxer

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Pittsburgh
Then I'll assume that SHE broke up with you? And, let me see, she calls at really weird intervals? She chats with you like you guys are really still good friends? All happy and chipper and telling you little stories like you were one of her girlfriends? She asks you semi personal questions like "so what did you do last night" or " who did you go there with"? All kinds of crap like that.

I have been there done that with an ex before. If any of that stuff is what she does, ive experienced it before too. Usually the girl wants to be able to make herself feel better about her own, new, relationship problems. And by calling you she can make herself feel good by turning the screw on you. Making another person feel bad( most likely due to some guy toying with her) will make her seem like she still has power and control over something. And usually she feels like she misses the stability that you offered her when she was with you. Since she most likely left you to hang with either her girls or some other guy who she thought might be better than you. I can go on, but, i need to know who stopped the relationship. Give some more info cause i've been there before.
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
I was going to say something but it looks like you got it all figured out.

But why are you even keeping track of when your aniversary "would" of been. Your still hanging on.

Fawk her holmes. I like how you told her that you met somebody younger...that will keep her from having an orgasm with anybody else she is fawking right now.
 

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
914
Reaction score
7
Check-ins and your psyche

Chicks have some in-bred innate need to "check-in" every now and again just to make sure that you still care about them.

I'm sure they dwell on it for days and days before they take the plunge and do the "check-in".

And I'm sure they feel much better about themselves if you cave and tell them you're still into them.

You're better off by first not taking her calls or reading her emails. If you really have to, you're better off not burning any bridges, not giving out too much detail and not telling her you still care about her. Be pleasant but don't give her what she wants.

Telling her you still want her just obligates you to have to deal with another "check-in" at a later date.

If you broke-up on bad terms overall, every "check-in" hits your psyche for a time, so just move on and don't talk to her.

Of course, the best option is to just tell her to come over and turn her into a f-buddy but that's only if the break-up didn't wound your psyche too much.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
215
Location
Canada
Originally posted by NewMan
another piece of the ongoing saga...

Yesterday was our anniversary - would have been 5 yrs.

She calls me at work - tells me she's been thinking about me etc. etc. etc...

Forwards a bunch of photo's on to me of her at her sisters wedding - all dressed up of course..... (yeah looking hot)

Asking me whether I missed her - have I thought about her.


I just told her that I've been doing well lately...... she asked me about the new girl I've been seeing - and I kept it short and sweet.

I told her that she's been fun - that she 25 and that it's good to be with a younger girl (my ex is 30) that likes to have fun...

I ended the convo with a - I've got to go to a meeting.
**************



It just amazes me why there's this continuous game and BS with her....

It doesn't make sense.

She's just trying to get a reaction out of me.
It makes perfect sense Newman. You've got it figured out.

Nice response. I'd say you twisted the knife on her with that "25 and likes to have fun comment." Beautiful.

You also could've added something like. "Great photos. Looks like the wedding was a lot of fun. Who's the hot brunette standing next to so and so?"
 
Top