Evidence that David DeAngelo's testmonials are faked

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i have read some of his stuff and personally i think like most people who make a business out of this self improvement and dating stuff it is a con. Personally most of the stuff in it you can get for free and better and better explained on various websites. Like this.

Plus why doesnt he just go DD some rich old woman and get lavished with gifts and then go out and DD all the young beautiful ones. Then he no longer needs to work.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the dj bible and the dyd book are kinda equal, and pro of the dj bible is that is free.... however his cd series and interview series among many other books he has, go into much more detail and techniques that are really effective and you would not get stuff like that for free in any other place.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
The DYD newsletters and Ebook is very, very basic stuff.

On the CD's and DVD's, he goes much more in-depth.
There's a lot more to it than just C&F

I bet 99% of the people here bashing him haven't read much more than his newsletters or Ebook.

JB101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a big fan of his newsletters.

His tone is very immature at times (almost all the time), and alot of the letters repeat the same things.

But the fundamentals are still there. The best concept I got from DYD is that attraction isn't a choice. Guys don't "choose" to feel attracted to hot and sexy girls. And girls don't "choose" to attract confident and dominant men. It's a gut level reaction.

Work on your inner game, keep C&F in your arsenal, and go balls to the wall. Boom, you'll land some tail.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Romeo, women are not rocket science. They're simple. It's just that we make them out to be so complicated. Truth be told, women are same as men in many ways. They think the same, the only difference is that they are much more excitable by very small things. True, men get excited as well but women would cry from watching some romantic movie or something (especially the AFC women). ANyway...grrr... women ARE simple. Who cares about testimonials. Most testimonials on the internet and TV commercials are fabricated so I don't know why you care so much. If his strategies work then use it. Otherwise don't bother.

Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I do like the part where he says "From time to time I want to remind you that every one of the emails contained in my newsletters is real and authentic... I don't have my mom write these, and I don't sit and come up with them myself!"

Generally speaking, when someone says "To tell you the truth..", "Honestly speaking..", "You've got to believe me..", etc., warning signs go off in my head - the honest man has no need to validate his honesty, however the dishonest man oftentimes attempts to reinforce his 'honesty' before being dishonest.

Just a thought.
You are correct, everytime when someone brings language like "to tell you the truth", etc... to the table, the chances are HIGHER that someone is being defensive about his or her potential hoax. But it doesnt always have to be like that. Heck, if I'd be hiding everytime Id use a line like "to be honest", Id be a friggin MONSTER !

It is wise to have this waring sign alert in your head though. But then, the funny thing is he doesnt use that defense language at all in that which you quote to start with !!

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are correct, everytime when someone brings language like "to tell you the truth", etc... to the table, the chances are HIGHER that someone is being defensive about his or her potential hoax. But it doesnt always have to be like that.
That's the same as saying someone is your friend! When someone is your friend you don't need to go around saying "He's my friend, hey he's my friend", it's implied that you/he know(s) that!

And about the statment "believe me, ...", sometimes people use it as a habit, not because they're being liers!

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Romeo0310
For a guy, if a woman is physically attractive, that's all he needs to fall in love with her. For a girl though, the genetic programming is different. Yes there are some shallow girls who will go for a guy if he is good looking and meets her "criteria".

But for women in general, being attracted to a guy is not enough. If she doesn't feel an inner connection with him, her intuition doesn't like him, or she isn't turned on by his mind too, his looks won't mean much to her. Most smart girls I know are like this.
This is the dumbest sh|t I read in a long time. That inner connection you're talking about is the attraction. "Being attracted to a guy isn't enough", dude first understand the concept of attraction before you comment on David D. ,who does understand it I might add. If a girl is attracted to you your IN, atleast if you know what to do at every stage and don't go AFC on her.

And btw how would you seduce a HB if women in general want more than feel a strong attraction for a guy? You talk about inner connection, intuition, mind and looks. I guess you would give her money since that is what you left out. Please start sarging more and maybe one day you'll get the picture.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evidence

I can vouch for the fact that not all his letters are faked ... because I've sent a few questions in to him, and some edited (for length) sections of my emails have appeared in his newsletters.

But he hasn't ventured answers to some of the more advanced/difficult situations that I have also posted on this board.

I think he's for real, and C+F can be 24-karat gold if you can pull it off without forcing it. For me, it's on again/off again. I'll run with it if it's there, but otherwise leave off the C+F. His other stuff is good, and that's where the real value is to me.

smoke city

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with bonhomme. Although the tone of his newsletter is very immature (which I don't understand since he seems like a pretty together guy) the stuff that David D is pretty rock solid--as long as you understand the spirit of it.
too many people here want some kind of fail-safe method that is based on scientific studies that will guarantee them results if they follow it like a script. NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!
In fact, how do you know that the "success stories" aren't elaborations to begin with?? I'm sure many of them are...WHO CARES!!
What matters is what works for YOU.

Incidentally, over the past few months, some people I know (myself included) have had some success using David D's stuff...

and btw, Romeo, posting an *entire newsletter is absolutely inane. What sort of "evidence" did you think you were providing?

The Rev

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether or not his e-mails are fake or not is irrelevant to me. I barely read them anymore; I see them as a pure advertising tool to get guys to buy his e-book and CD/DVDs.

I like DeAngelo's stuff because it's ground in scientific and psychological principles. This guy has done a lot of reading and I have followed up on what he has read. The perspectives in those books are what have truly changed me, along with David's guidance.

His use of evolution (Selfish Gene, Sperm Wars, Red Queen, etc.) I believe defines what this game is about. In the end, we're trying to give our genes the best possible chance of survival. That is the end to which the "game" is aimed. Looking at everything through that lens, the perspective begins to change. Most of David's techniques fit into this genetic/evolutionary framework.

The psychological issues he brings up are important as well. It's good not be a complete reductionist and rely solely on fundamental principles of evolution but to use psychological principles as well. His recommendations in this arena really helped me.

In short, faked e-mails or not, I believe David provides a holistic approach that address body, mind, and social context.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, consider this; DD's credibility is being judged by letters. That's lame as h3ll, why didn't he just read DYD and actually attempt to follow Dave's directions??? I guess it's just easier (and cheaper) to gripe about letters.

In my opinion there's nothing worse than DJ wannabes who aren't willing to put forth a GOOD effort to learn something and then complain about it. :rolleyes:

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering

can this be a marketing gimmick??
I don't know for sure...

ok one guys comes out of blue says DD writes fake testimonial
of course DD or RJ are kind of people who always get criticized and they always get defended by numerous people... so it was very obvious that ppl will answer these posts...

now if you are new to sosuave.com then you'll see comments about DD and think... ok I get better stuff that Ebook for free...
but his advanced stuff get better recognition even when his testimonials are fake..

now the our new guy is wondering should he get DYD CD's or not... then ppl right more +ve comments so... he goes off to buy DYD CD's...

BTW if you just look at the number of times this thread got read.. it's 986 at the time of writing... it'll be like 100 more in like couple of hours..

oh.. I just assumed, you are his Marketing boy Toy :D

see it's so easy to talk about people... ;) :p

WhoAmI

DonJuanQuixote

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few points to raise.

1) Almost anybody who has gotten good with the ladies using the material available on the internet (such as this site, DeAngelo etc) WILL VOUCH for this methodology. If you are saying C+F is BS then you are incredibly misinformed (by whatever sources you quote) or just have'nt seen it done right. When applied in the correct frame, this is the biggest tool in a DJ's aresenal. It just ratifies the point that you are humorous, witty and confident which is a sort of common denominator when it comes to girl's preference in men. Anyone who disagrees please, raise your hand.

2) Its funny. Deangelo was my primary source of information when I started out. At the risk of sounding boastful, I will say that I am good with the ladies. My style is not just what he preaches, I learnt a lot of stuff from mASF and SS. When I wrote an email to deangelo (yes, I did!) I was myself surprised at the fact that HOW SIMILAR it sounded to the emails I was getting through his newsletter. Makes sense. I have been reading them for so long. Their style has been programmed in my head. I can believe that others were influenced this way.

3) Why are you so bent upon proving this? I'm sorry but I am skeptical about a guy with 15 posts, a majority of which are concentrated on berating a person, trying to prove his point.

4) Finally, I can understand that he *might* be editing/making up his own stories. I dont care. He's done a lot for my game.

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
David D.

Even if testimonials are fake, here is one:

Tested and verified.

Works best on the hot chicks rather than the not so attractive ones.

Works best on the high self esteem chicks, rather than the not self valuing girls..

Works best on intelligent and witty, rather destructive with stupid.

And is definitely more fun than "So, what do you do?"

Tested and verified.

DeAngelo has done a great deed for the ones willing to see and learn.

even if testimonials are fake, here you had an authentic one, not written by my mom.

Iguana

Don Juan
Reaction score
DDA opened my eyes and I respect him for that.

If it wasn't for him, I'll probably be crying in my bed because some chick I like doesn't show interest in me.

So, I don't give a fvck if he fakes testimonials.

Don't waste your time making threads like these, so damn USELESS.

Iguana
Peace & Metal

Reaction score
Originally posted by Romeo0310
He may be a good speaker and may have some charisma.
Uhhh no, his public speaking skills suck and in listening or watching a video he totally sucks at public speaking.

I belong to toastmasters international so I'm a trained public speaker. And Deangelo needs to join and bone up on his skills.

His voice totally lacks energy and charisma!

Baddy Love

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bealive that he is making up almost all of his newsletter material but there is another side to this storie - he wants to explain something and nobody mentions it so he sits down, makes up a story and shows you the thing he wanted. Ofcours he can always send it as an stand alone advice instead of sending it as a question but it makes it easier to bealive it if somebody else went trough it and then talked about it.

Anyway, I like his material and they helped me a lot, even though I haven`t read his book, just e-mails, and the all the girls like me more now because of my confidence, not carring attitude and not to mention the C+F.

P.S. ( Can anybody tell me how can I get the ebook without ordering it, I live in a third world country and it seems I can`t order it, any help would be most appreciated :) )

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
P.S. ( Can anybody tell me how can I get the ebook without ordering it, I live in a third world country and it seems I can`t order it, any help would be most appreciated)
You can use any "sharing" program, like "winmx"! You type what you want, and there you have it!

Easy no?

I've been downloading lots of movies using this!!! :)