Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Everyone should read this

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

Although women are not mentioned once, the speech does a better job outlining the proper mindsets than the countless "OMG, this is what women want!" posts.

Aside from the common themes espoused here like the 'don't waste time' one, is the "do what you love."

Too many people are scared of living their own lives. We live other people's lives. We dress, talk, and act like we're in a movie or even act like someone we know. Most often, we act how we *think* we ought to be acting. Some people think that THIS is the chump, doing what society says is right. But if the Nice Guy says, "OMG, I was listening to the wrong person. I will listen to someone else now," and, like Gumby, bend and stretch to fit another ideal (the seducer, the jerk, the alpha male, take your pick), is there any true growth? The Chump is not so much the Nice Guy as it is the person who does WHATEVER to please other people all the time, be it his parents, the girls, his friends, or whatever. The Chumps fill the offices, marry on cue, and spend their lives making other people rich (their employer, their wives, their children, etc).

What if I took the DJ Bible and... BURNED IT! Oh noes! Anarchy! "Chaos, Pook! Chaos! All is lost, ALL IS LOST!"

Come sirs, have a little sense. Are you to say that if all this "information" was suddenly gone, you would turn into zombie like Nice Guys, running around giving dead plants as tokens of affection, singing off key, reciting bad poetry, and so on?

What a day it would be if a lighting from the heavens struckt the servers and zapped all seduction material away! Then there would be no Pook. No Anti-Dump. No anybody. There would only be yourself and your thoughts. As absurd as the Nice Guy is, at least he doesn't let a stranger on the Internet define his love life.

What if the 'true' system or game is framed by your own desires, dreams, and destinies? Instead of letting women define what is 'successful' with your life or not, why not use your own heart and soul? What! You say you are scared of doing this? Then it shows that you do not fear women, you fear yourself.

Going out and dealing with women or with life with no measuring stick but your own is hard. This is why most people never do it. You will ask, "Why does it feel so hard for the soul?"

Because its the first time you've used it.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately.

Basically, people have allowed the media, political leaders, and social icons to think for them and give them orders. The public education system manufactures college-bound students who will study in a field where they will get a secure job, raise a few kids, retire and die. Oh, and as the years pass he'll feed the hungry corporations a big chunk of his paycheck because he wants to feel good about his car. Look at what the entertainment industry is doing to us for goodness sakes! The average American watches 4 HOURS OF TV A DAY! Doesn't anyone see anything wrong? Why is obesity such an epidemic here? Because people listen to a McDonald's commercial better than they listen to common sense. People are getting harmed by their blindess... the blindness which they induced upon themselves by putting their hands over their eyes.

Passivity has been encouraged so deeply that people go to the jobs that they hate, come home and let the media tell them everything is ok, before they go to bed and wake up the next morning to repeat the process.

Get a little self control people. Think for yourselves. Are corporations and the media acting purely in your best interest? No? THEN STOP LISTENING TO THEM!

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other part of the speech

I read that speech a few days ago. What stood out more than doing what you love, was asking yourself if you would change anything about your plans today knowing that you will die tomorrow.

There's a classic existential notion of "death on your shoulder."

Carlos Castaneda (a fraud, but the best kind) explores it in his novels. They offer a better narrative than, say, "The Plague."

Point being, all of our decisions have gravity.

Choose to avoid potential regrets.

If you think a path might lead to regret, don't take it.

I take that as my personal creed.

And I must say, I'm a very content person.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. Right away when I read this, I started thinking about Fight Club.

Everywhere I look, I see sheep. People who want to go to college and get their degree. Nothing wrong with that...hell, I'm trying to get a degree too. But then I ask them, "So, what kind of career are you going to get into once you're out of school?" And they'll reply, "Uh...I dunno. I'm just trying to get 'x' degree."

Or people who want to get married at age 21. And I ask them, "Why the hell do you want to get married now? You're 21 and you've only been in a couple relationships in your whole life." They'll say, "But I think I might be in love with her, man." Yeah, and your chances of divorcing this chick in 2 years will be 60%.

Many people no longer have real hobbies. Most college kids consider "hanging out" and partying their main hobby. Older adults might consider watching TV their main hobby, since they come home from work and plop down in front of a box for 4 hours. People are living from paycheck to paycheck just so they can afford that new car, or that cell phone bill, or that new widescreen plasma TV. Stuff that we don't need. It's pretty sad.

People give me weird looks when I say that I want to get into film and music. That I actually want to make it big someday. Then they look at me like it's not possible, that it's all about luck. Personally, I think they're weird for the fact that they are just accepting mediocrity, and trying to bring me down because I actually have ambition.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think about it, we really are living in the Matrix. The Matrix is all the AFC-touting, consumer-encouraging, individuality-killing propaganda that the media feeds us on a daily basis.

Are you gonna break away from all that and start to think for yourself?

**** the system, start thinking for yourself.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going out and dealing with women or with life with no measuring stick but your own is hard. This is why most people never do it.
This is something I began working on from the time I became a teenager. This message board accelerated it into full force. I set my own guidelines, my own goals, and do things for my own personal satisfaction. I must say I'm much happier than I've been in years.

For instance, my relationship with my wife is not the "typical" husband - wife relationship. I'm not trying to fit into what Society has termed the ideal marriage. I have a friend who got married around the same time I did. He's working hard to gain the "typical" marriage. I recall him saying, "Yes dear, anything you want, you can have it." He then turned to me and said, "See? I'm getting this marriage thing down pretty good!" It was hard not telling him, "You stupid fool." My wife CAN'T have anything she wants, and I let her know.

Then there's my parents. I used to work at pleasing them, but I was constantly let down. There's no pleasing my parents, so why should I waste my time and energy? I get more satisfaction from pleasing myself! My father believes that I should talk to him every day. Why? I have very little in common with my parents, therefore I have no reason to communicate with them daily. They may not be happy with it, but I'm not responsible for their feelings resulting from their expectations. Neither do I have expectations of them.

It is truly YOUR life, and what YOU make of it. If you didn't exist, everything else would be irrelevant.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AWESOME.

That's it.

READ THE LINK POOK POSTED!

What I find interesting about anyone that's successful is that they have the ability to start again everytime they fail. Usually they build something BIG and it all fades, and they have the guts to start again bigger. This is honorable.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

What if I took the DJ Bible and... BURNED IT! Oh noes! Anarchy! "Chaos, Pook! Chaos! All is lost, ALL IS LOST!"

Come sirs, have a little sense. Are you to say that if all this "information" was suddenly gone, you would turn into zombie like Nice Guys, running around giving dead plants as tokens of affection, singing off key, reciting bad poetry, and so on?

What a day it would be if a lighting from the heavens struckt the servers and zapped all seduction material away! Then there would be no Pook. No Anti-Dump. No anybody. There would only be yourself and your thoughts. As absurd as the Nice Guy is, at least he doesn't let a stranger on the Internet define his love life.

What if the 'true' system or game is framed by your own desires, dreams, and destinies? Instead of letting women define what is 'successful' with your life or not, why not use your own heart and soul? What! You say you are scared of doing this? Then it shows that you do not fear women, you fear yourself.

Going out and dealing with women or with life with no measuring stick but your own is hard. This is why most people never do it. You will ask, "Why does it feel so hard for the soul?"

Because its the first time you've used it.

Well pook , I go for this natural way of socializing , talking , dating , having fun , embracibg mistakes and not living in a world of securities as it is work , not enjoyable , make one focus on women rather than himself ....BUt

At times I find myself clueless , not knowing what to do . Im talking about maintaining a relationship with a beautiful girl , it's very easy for me now to pick them up , ask them out , talk but to make it official , to keep things deep , not superficial . It's something like what you have said before about being afraid of saying 'yes' .

I've followed my heart a couple of times and didn't care about the girl and how she thinks , I had the Bull's Eye , let me say , showed , then told the girl whom i was infatuated with from 4 years and always hide it . I throwed my ego on the line but i got hurt . I got to know other girls , played around with them , had fun but also to find that i m not interested in getting involved and getting bored real easily or that's not the right way to get in a relationship and the girl will laugh at me or she will see that im not experienced with ltr etc... This is when my confidence is shot down and i come here hungry for tips to build this confidence again , then i have this conflict inside my head saying " you shouldn't philosophize , it isn't rocket science , you control yourself , love or control etc... "

In other words : I want to embrace mistakes all my life becuase this is how one learns But sometimes you don't want to make very foolish mistakes that makes you look awful and embaressed especially that time is running faster and it feels sometimes as one is way far , Also this focus on oneself , desires , dreams , ambitions aren't yet clear to me ..I mean i don't pressurize myself to think dreams , goals etc... i let them come my way but i must say i don't get indulged in many new things to get to know what i want so it isn't clear yet .

Besides you didn't send this mail you told me you will..did you ?

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Without even reading the link, I have already reached assent with Pook. I have just read it.

One must admit, while this society we live in isn't the best because we as a whole can do better, without this society, many of us would not be where we are today. So in this way, I must thank the society yet I must curse it!

The media has set an obstacle for me, when before I did not realize that, I took it for granted and accepted it until I found that something wasn't right. This eventually became my Red Pill. When I ventured deeper I found out more and more of the media's intention.

When I taught myself that I must be a man and venture out in this world to find something, I found a select few people that taught me so much, like water in the desert.

Eventually I reached a wisdom, a select wisdom that led me to an epiphany. I was angry, bitter, mad, I was in rage of why there were some things that was hidden from me yet I felt this was the only way for me to actualize and become who I am today.

By reaching rock bottom and trying to fight your way out is a challenge to our life. Fighting is only the beginning of the process. I realized that when you fight willingly, and not out of a certain reaction that the media want you to have, you have truly let go.

All greatness were formed from passionate struggles and love for their truth. Not from an Ivy League's college or spending 2/3 of our life trying to please our parents or employers and 1/3 sleeping.

Eventually, I hoped for nothing, I fear nothing, and I am free.

The question I now ask is, for what I do, would I be better off living a long life but at misery because I did everything my father, my teachers, and other superior told me to do? That I worked all my life to try to please them?

Or..

Would I be better off living a short life but the greatest life because I chose to do what I want to do, I tried it and may have failed miserably and died but died with a smile?

This is the question I think I have answered and shall see how it goes.

One might ask, "so what do you feel about your future?"

I answer it with this, I am already rich! I am simply going through the motion as Steve Jobs have!

The turn of events at Apple had not changed that one bit. I had been rejected, but I was still in love. And so I decided to start over.

I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What most of you fail to realise is that this is nothing new.

People who live in a society always conforms to the "average" or "accepted" ways of living. Whether we lived in medieval or modern society, it's all the same.

Even those individuals who try to make a statement, in the end, conform to their "society". Goths, anarchists, and punks might think they are different from normal society, but in their society, they are conformists.

If there is society, there is conformity.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow.... just wow:crazy:
That article had the biggest effect on me ANYTHING has... wow... I started getting shivers down my back.. Thanks pook, i appreciate that link, for this is only the begining.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
What most of you fail to realise is that this is nothing new.

People who live in a society always conforms to the "average" or "accepted" ways of living. Whether we lived in medieval or modern society, it's all the same.

Even those individuals who try to make a statement, in the end, conform to their "society". Goths, anarchists, and punks might think they are different from normal society, but in their society, they are conformists.

If there is society, there is conformity.
It's not about being different or being a conformist, it's about doing what you love no matter what it takes.

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great to see you back Pook, relighting the forum.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Damn I hate those ****ing mistakes you make just when you have written a good reply.

Good post pook. I won't rewrite my post this time though. Too pissed off :mad:

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by il_duce

Or people who want to get married at age 21. And I ask them, "Why the hell do you want to get married now? You're 21 and you've only been in a couple relationships in your whole life." They'll say, "But I think I might be in love with her, man." Yeah, and your chances of divorcing this chick in 2 years will be 60%.

Many people no longer have real hobbies. Most college kids consider "hanging out" and partying their main hobby. Older adults might consider watching TV their main hobby, since they come home from work and plop down in front of a box for 4 hours. People are living from paycheck to paycheck just so they can afford that new car, or that cell phone bill, or that new widescreen plasma TV. Stuff that we don't need. It's pretty sad.

People give me weird looks when I say that I want to get into film and music. That I actually want to make it big someday. Then they look at me like it's not possible, that it's all about luck. Personally, I think they're weird for the fact that they are just accepting mediocrity, and trying to bring me down because I actually have ambition.
So how many auditions have you been for? How many times you been rejected? Because in the film industry, you will realise you have to have iron confidence in youself, as you will be rejected countless times! Sometimes for reason you have no idea about.

Having ambition when you are 20 and talking with a buzz about life, is very very different to actually stepping out and doing it. This is the main difference with people who make it and people who dont. Get out there in your plays, performing arts societies, school and actually make it if you are going to! It takes an endless desire and iron will to "make it big" as you say.

As for the post, yeah its good. But dont motivational speeches just seem cliche now! I see so many people listening to them, talking about them, telling you about them and their big plans for the future. How many do I see doing it? NONE! Its always the ones who shut their mouthes and get on with the job that succeed!

Magico

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sifer
It's not about being different or being a conformist, it's about doing what you love no matter what it takes.
In other words: the only way to be different is to pursue your dreams for you are unique. Then not only will you be different, you'll be genuine.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
That speech was inspiring. Although isn't it ironic that he never graduated from college yet is giving this speech to a bunch of students graduating? :p

Originally posted by il_duce
This is something I've really been thinking a lot about lately. Every day I ask myself: "What do I really want to do with my life?" "What do I really love?". I've been day dreaming WAY too much about my future lately. It really is an exciting feeling realising that hey, I have the potential to do anything I want with my life. But like you said CLOONEY:

Having ambition when you are 20 and talking with a buzz about life, is very very different to actually stepping out and doing it. This is the main difference with people who make it and people who dont.
Day dreaming is good because I know what I want, but I'm at the point now where I've got to stop thinking and start doing. As Big Kev (the Australians would know who I'm talking about lol) would say: I'm excited. :D

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY. Hey man, I am getting myself out there. I was just inspired a lot by this thread...I do tend to get a little long winded sometimes though. :D

Jake-inator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem... i have the DJ Bible Backed up on my computer. ;)

Seriously, I don't remeber the last time i read it thought.
Once you come to the realization that women don't really matter and you start thinking for yourself... the whole bible just goes in the trash.
You don't need it anymore because you're above technique.
That's all the bible is, a technique on getting women.

I'm all for burning it!!!

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for the post, yeah its good. But dont motivational speeches just seem cliche now! I see so many people listening to them, talking about them, telling you about them and their big plans for the future. How many do I see doing it? NONE! Its always the ones who shut their mouthes and get on with the job that succeed!
CLOONEY made a good point here.

Succeeding in life and getting it big requires either amazing luck (which you just CAN'T rely on, so we can forget that) or really hard work, strong mind and determination plus work work and work. Hard.