Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Everyone around me is getting married

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note to board. Somebody mentioned the guy worth 500 M. Um. The guy worth 500 M has enough money that he is unconcerned often about divorce rape etc.

Gee. Why is that?

Well the guy worth 500 M can afford the very best attorneys money can buy and unless he was married BEFORE becoming that wealthy, (in which event the case can be made that his spouse helped or facilitated him gaining great wealth) no court is going to cut his assets in half if he brought that kind of wealth into the marriage to begin with.

You see this all the time. I knew of (for example) a wealthy recording artist that married an attractive woman, but not a particularly savvy or intelligent woman…her main draw was her looks & sex appeal. She filed for divorce, expecting a huge windfall. Nope. She got about 100K (a tiny fraction of his net worth) and had to sign a document affirming that she would never seek additional funds from him or take legal action against him again if she wanted that 100K. She was pissed that was all she got and that it was qualified by the legal documents. I thought she was terribly ungrateful. That’s enough money to live comfortably for a year and establish her own source of income. Drop in the bucket for him. He got fun & companionship and a housemate for the time in question (less than 2 years) and he wasn’t worried about the cost.

My point is that so called divorce rape affects the upwardly mobile middle class the worst. The poor don’t have assets to bicker over and the very wealthy can afford it and/or afford to mitigate it.

Think about it. If someone makes just 10 M a year that’s over 800K per month. That 100K is 12 % of one months income. Let’s say the whole process cost him 500K. Still negligible versus his income.

Some of you guys have no idea how real wealth works. Marriage can be a good idea depending on why a man desires it. But the very most important thing is choosing well for a partner.

A choice plenty of men in all income brackets foul up.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yet these are the first people to say "well im not worried about divorce because I dont have assets" lol
Honestly and ironically I think these are the people least likely to really examine financial risk that exists in marriage. I was very lucky. My ex spouse could have cut me in half financially (and yes I got married expecting it to be forever too)…but he didn’t. He took a longer view. That has benefited him and our children over the years as I’ve been able to continue to build wealth. I pay for college, I pay medical bills, I shoulder the big expenses for the kids (car, education, etc.) so we did what was best long term for all involved.

Very few couples do this. Most are too busy being vindictive to one another.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most are too busy being vindictive to one another.
My parents did not have an amicable divorce.

My point is that so called divorce rape affects the upwardly mobile middle class the worst. The poor don’t have assets to bicker over and the very wealthy can afford it and/or afford to mitigate it.
This makes sense. Yes, the 'middle' middle class and 'upper' middle class who take the biggest hit. What about the wealthy? You said very wealthy. There is a different between 'wealthy' and 'very wealthy'.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the men I attend are bachelor themselves and we often jokes about being free and in a better shape than the married men we know.

Women know that Im not the stable man type and they know that I know, I'm perfectly open about it and they dont give me sh1t about it.

When you see a man in his mid30 hitting the gym seriously, walking with a zero fvck given attitude, you get his life style.

Its the nice betas who are "robbing women" by not providing that are put under trial.

mattinzane

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few couples do this. Most are too busy being vindictive to one another.
That is why it is very important to be with someone who has good character and not just looking for you to take care of them, if you are going to get married. I am divorced and we both agreed to just take what we each had (car, bank acct, retirement acct) and split the stuff we got together, mostly furniture. We didn't have kids, so that made it much easier.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you cope with this fact, especially for the older Players here? I'm in my mid 20s but already relatives and aquatainces are getting married.
I don't consider myself a player, but I want to point out that if "everyone is getting married", then that demonstrates that it is not as impossible for guys to get girls as a lot of posters here seem to claim.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't consider myself a player, but I want to point out that if "everyone is getting married", then that demonstrates that it is not as impossible for guys to get girls as a lot of posters here seem to claim.
Maybe not to get girls. To not be the bjtch in the relationship or cucked/ cheated on is another story.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe not to get girls. To not be the bjtch in the relationship or cucked/ cheated on is another story.
:rolleyes: That can definitely happen, especially if you don't know what you're doing. But it is hardly the story of every couple.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want kids, it’s best to raise them in a traditional household with your wife.
That is what is best for the children, at least. And probably for the father, if he wants to be a part of their lives every day.
Of course, all the risks that come with marriage increase dramatically when you have kids.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: That can definitely happen, especially if you don't know what you're doing. But it is hardly the story of every couple.
Yeah that's why most guys on here talk about their married friends being miserable in sexless marriages... It may not be the story of EVERY couple, but certainly the majority. Sure let's gamble our financial well being on being the outlier. Do you also play russian roulette?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's why most guys on here talk about their married friends being miserable in sexless marriages... It may not be the story of EVERY couple, but certainly the majority. Sure let's gamble our financial well being on being the outlier. Do you also play russian roulette?
The vast majority of married couples that I know personally are really happy in their marriages. I do not know couples in sexless marriages. Well I knew one. They already divorced.

My married friends? They are VERY married & VERY happy. So maybe the guys who only know miserable marrieds? Maybe they are miserable single people. I am a happy single person & I know tons of happy married people.

Water seeks its own level. Be careful of the company you keep :)

Cheers

Billtx49

Reaction score
Be careful of the company you keep :)
That one statement says it all. Continued shared intimacy and dual commitments is the glue that binds Any relationship.
Everyone knows after the early years of a marriage when sex is at the mutuality agreed upon let’s do it All the time stage that it eventually relaxes frequency and then possibly reverses after the kids come.

The wife then often totally shifts her focus from sex partner to kids mother which only increases as the kids age, unless a conscious effort is made by Both partners to make private time for keeping each other sexually close and intimate.

If the sexual portion of the partnership does become dead, neglected, or lacking, the man in turn usually starts putting more effort into his occupation and or recreational activities to compensate for the sex loss until the inevitable eventually happens:

When a neglected sex partner situation continues long enough, the man Will find another option….

~Experience

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mind you, I am not advocating for people to get married, not in this culture. I can understand why someone would want to do it, however (to start a family). Anecdotally, there are a lot of guys here who have unhappy married friends. But there are a lot of single guys here who complain about their relationships, or about their lack of relationships, or just about women altogether. Generally, it takes happy single people to make happy married people. Some people just don't know how to be happy. Statistically, I believe research indicates married people are happier.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want kids, it’s best to raise them in a traditional household with your wife.
If you as a man have kids with a woman, you are more likely not to be in a romantic relationship with her by the time the first child turns 18.

The vast majority of married couples that I know personally are really happy in their marriages. I do not know couples in sexless marriages. Well I knew one. They already divorced.

My married friends? They are VERY married & VERY happy. So maybe the guys who only know miserable marrieds? Maybe they are miserable single people. I am a happy single person & I know tons of happy married people.
The friends I've made since moving to my current city that have gotten married are still married. They have mostly been married less than 5 years. It is possible I see some divorces down the line.

I do know some people close to my own age who have gotten divorced.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed 100% except for the revocable part. Since you are the beneficiary and you can revoke the trust, should you get married or live with someone again (common law if your state accepts it), those properties are vulnerable for distribution. All I have is my clothes in my name. Anything of value was deeded and listed in my trust documents. People can be vicious. My ex-wife challenged my trust and the pre-nup; she lost on both accounts. However, we both had spent around 30k in legal fees; so this is why I would add the legal fees and medical fees/premiums to the next pre-nup. I I had that prior, it would had been a cleaner and faster, less expensive, divorce.
+1. Putting assets in revocable trusts is pretty pointless, as most if not all common law jurisdictions have passed laws that treat future/contingent interests as "property" in the matrimonial context.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you as a man have kids with a woman, you are more likely not to be in a romantic relationship with her by the time the first child turns 18.
One of the failings of our current culture, value system, and people in general.