Don Juan(s),
I have a very serious problem that I can't seem to find the solution to. I've read all the books, listen to the CDs, and read numerous articles about dating. I've learned a lot, and I owe much of my success to the advice I have received from generous people like yourself. So here's the problem: I'm a fairly attractive guy (http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OEAENMH&key=GYU), and I have had decent success picking up women. I've had sex with many women as well, but there's A LOT missing. The women I pick up are, how do I say....not the quality I would hope for. They're either not attractive enough, or not intelligent enough. Here's what I've came up with so far:
1. I'm a psych major, so I have a little understanding of the human psyche.
2. I'm VERY outgoing (sometimes too much, I think), and I have no problem communicating with anyone, under almost any conditions.
3. My desire to tackle this area of my life is very intense! I believe this fact alone will eventually motivate me to do whatever it takes to become successful with desirable women.
4. I was very reclusive as a child (I'm 22 now), and I was not very popular in high school. I joined the Marines after I graduated (high school), and that, along with the info. I've received from people like yourself, has dramatically improved my social life.
5. Probably because of my "difficult" childhood, my self-concept has suffered, and still needs some work. I'm working HARD on it though. I'll get there eventually...
6. I accept women that are not on the level I would hope for, and I think there is a correlation between this behavior and the state my self-concept is in. This may very well be the root of my problem.
So, given all the info. I have, what areas do you think I need to work on? Average looking women pose no threat to me, and as a result, I can't find happiness with them. However, extremely beautiful women intimidate me, and I'm not sure how to communicate effectively with them. I attend college now, so I see many nice looking women. In random situations, I have no problem talking to beautiful women. But if it's in a club, bar, or other situation where I'm "expected to perform," I lock up. Things seem off-balance. Logical reasoning doesn't get through, and everything seems almost surreal.
I've read articles about men who think "too much" about dating, and women in general. Maybe I fall into this category, but if I don't think about it, how will the problem go away?
I feel like I'm operating way below my potential, and it's making me feel pretty badly. I'd really like to clear this part of my life up because I know there's a more enjoyable life out there waiting for me to experience it. Thanks so much for your time, and I appreciate any advice you can offer.
Sincerely,
Paul
I have a very serious problem that I can't seem to find the solution to. I've read all the books, listen to the CDs, and read numerous articles about dating. I've learned a lot, and I owe much of my success to the advice I have received from generous people like yourself. So here's the problem: I'm a fairly attractive guy (http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OEAENMH&key=GYU), and I have had decent success picking up women. I've had sex with many women as well, but there's A LOT missing. The women I pick up are, how do I say....not the quality I would hope for. They're either not attractive enough, or not intelligent enough. Here's what I've came up with so far:
1. I'm a psych major, so I have a little understanding of the human psyche.
2. I'm VERY outgoing (sometimes too much, I think), and I have no problem communicating with anyone, under almost any conditions.
3. My desire to tackle this area of my life is very intense! I believe this fact alone will eventually motivate me to do whatever it takes to become successful with desirable women.
4. I was very reclusive as a child (I'm 22 now), and I was not very popular in high school. I joined the Marines after I graduated (high school), and that, along with the info. I've received from people like yourself, has dramatically improved my social life.
5. Probably because of my "difficult" childhood, my self-concept has suffered, and still needs some work. I'm working HARD on it though. I'll get there eventually...
6. I accept women that are not on the level I would hope for, and I think there is a correlation between this behavior and the state my self-concept is in. This may very well be the root of my problem.
So, given all the info. I have, what areas do you think I need to work on? Average looking women pose no threat to me, and as a result, I can't find happiness with them. However, extremely beautiful women intimidate me, and I'm not sure how to communicate effectively with them. I attend college now, so I see many nice looking women. In random situations, I have no problem talking to beautiful women. But if it's in a club, bar, or other situation where I'm "expected to perform," I lock up. Things seem off-balance. Logical reasoning doesn't get through, and everything seems almost surreal.
I've read articles about men who think "too much" about dating, and women in general. Maybe I fall into this category, but if I don't think about it, how will the problem go away?
I feel like I'm operating way below my potential, and it's making me feel pretty badly. I'd really like to clear this part of my life up because I know there's a more enjoyable life out there waiting for me to experience it. Thanks so much for your time, and I appreciate any advice you can offer.
Sincerely,
Paul