Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever research a person you knew way back when?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just delved into a little background of someone I knew from grade school and junior high. This kid could play All sports, All instruments, sing, trading stocks at 11 years old, straight-As. The kid obviously would have to be arrogant and condescending (as he was to me for sure, and my parents would just say "he's jealous" - I was the youngest in my class by a full year). Anyhow, I, with my mom, ran into his dad downtown when I was in a coveted accounting position in government at the ripe age of 19. His dad divorced his mom over their daughter's (his sister's) unexpected pregnancy (and subsequent whether to abort or not). It was a serious disagreement whether to abort (in the mid-to-late 80s). So I remember his dad "consulting" his son at football games. It was bizarre, but that was the relationship he had with his dad (like a confidant).
These are Scottish heritage through and through, olde world elite people. Anyway back then I had no idea that his dad was a masters of public administration (now a doctor), an officer in the Air Force, and had serious business going on just starting his current business which is Very high-level medical with a location in Switzerland, Massachusetts (where they are originally from), Tennessee, North Carolina.

Anyway, this boy who left our school to go to public school, but I crossed his path a couple more times my senior year and freshman year in college. We played pool. He was a drinker a lot more than I would and played piano and sang on the spot to the swooning of women - always had women. So he graduated in Finance just like me but it was just a coincidence. He had probably exquisite grades and connections (which I did not have) so he went to Merrill Lynch right off the bat, then for another local top Fin company that got bought by a national corp. So now he's VP and Treasurer and all these other "titles" for his dad's company, his dad being CEO/Pres. So he finally ended up under daddy's wing. These are highly intelligent people, but man were they arrogant, I remember, and of the "clique" and me being a poor/confused boy and not the Best athlete I got made fun of back then or ridiculed (as not being one of them or as "cool" as them or of their level). I'm still not, but some people are just destined for higher living. His dad sold him his home worth $300K for $40K must be nice. I had no such "leg-ups," but there's more to life than just money and he certainly was/is a musician (drums, piano, guitar, you name it he could play it and sing).

You just wonder how very few you cross paths with in life can be so talented. It's an intelligence, but to be like Midas where everything you touch turns to gold is rare. He was about the only person I've met who could do it all. My best friend who just died at 45 was probably second best all those years, me 3rd or 4th (in the realm of sports). So my best friend tried the social high society life, the fraternity, "events," club life. Ties, collars, coats, shoes, the celebrity on a small scale life. I just couldn't do it, I couldn't go that route, and I Never could/would go that route. My Marine dad was anti-elitist, so me being his son, I was destined to be blue colla as well. Many will never rise above their original position. When I research other's from my class, I see many never rising above and what people would predict then would probably be true now as far as net worth etc. I think I've risin above somewhat and higher than what others would have thought. I could've certainly gone higher if I used my free time to go higher, but quite frankly I dun giveash!t. I like my comfort Alone.

Last edited:

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no need for me to research, pretty much all the people I went to high school with ended up exactly how I always thought they would end up:

* The studious and diligent kids got higher education and went on to be doctors, dentists, optometrists etc....
* The so-called cool kids ended up getting pregnant and are now living paycheck-to-paycheck
* The wannabe rappers, movie stars, dj's are now working as waiters with no education and no prospects
* The socially awkward kids (guys) are still incels playing Magic the Gathering in their 30s
* The girls that wanted to be models and actresses ended up getting into drugs and getting pimped out by shady agents

Very few people I knew from my teen years were able to deviate from the path that they (consciously or subconsciously) chose in their youth.

I was born into a blue collar middle class family. Fate would have dictated that I end up being a blue collar guy myself. But my dad drilled it into my head to get higher education. Now I'm a white collar mid-level manager and I live comfortable - so I count myself fortunate that I escape what could have been a hard life.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My condolences in the loss of your best friend.
Thanks. What made me tear up was seeing his daughter (the good one) write on his facebook something (short) from the heart obviously. She'll no longer have a dad. I wasn't really mournin my bud from youth cause after high school never really talked to or saw him again. He wanted to be a "success" and he sure as sh!t would cut corners to get there. He was all about dirty playing, but he was captain of a division one soccer team so his ways of achievement worked short-term, but long-term I think he suffered for the cheating. I'd say things like, "You can't do that! (that's not fair)" and he'd say, "Yes, I can (so n' so does it, watch me)." It would be something even as simple as bouncing the basketball off my leg or foot to allow him to keep possession cause I (taller) had him to where he couldn't shoot over me in a 1v1 at midnight. We'd play for hours all kinds of sports. That was what was so cool about him as a friend, he never got tired and could go on and on as long as I could. Other friends had no endurance.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. What made me tear up was seeing his daughter (the good one) write on his facebook something (short) from the heart obviously. She'll no longer have a dad. I wasn't really mournin my bud from youth cause after high school never really talked to or saw him again. He wanted to be a "success" and he sure as sh!t would cut corners to get there. He was all about dirty playing, but he was captain of a division one soccer team so his ways of achievement worked short-term, but long-term I think he suffered for the cheating. I'd say things like, "You can't do that! (that's not fair)" and he'd say, "Yes, I can (so n' so does it, watch me)." It would be something even as simple as bouncing the basketball off my leg or foot to allow him to keep possession cause I (taller) had him to where he couldn't shoot over me in a 1v1 at midnight. We'd play for hours all kinds of sports. That was what was so cool about him as a friend, he never got tired and could go on and on as long as I could. Other friends had no endurance.
thank you sincerely for sharing this.
I just cried for you. And I'm driving so I pulled over again.
Typing through blurry eyes.

Its because I recognised the type of friendship you had with a unique individual.