Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever had a girl you’ve been on a date with set you up with one of her friends?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went on one date with this girl about a year ago. The first date went well, but things didn’t go anywhere after that. I was pretty busy at work around that time and was not in a hurry to set up the second date. I guess I was also a bit slow responding to her texts. When I finally got around to asking her out again, she sent me a long whiny message about how she’s looking for someone who has more time for her, etc. etc. I was like whatever and never spoke to her again.

So about a year later I get a message from her out of the blue, apologizing for the whiny text and telling me how she thinks that I would be a great match for her friend. This makes no sense, as she barely knows me. In any event, her friend looks hot so I figure why not. I meet her friend for drinks (one on one) and we really don’t click for reasons that don’t matter for the purposes of this post. We end the date early.

So why would this girl, who only met me once, want to set me up with her friend? Usually, when a girl you haven’t spoken to in a while contacts you out of the blue, she is either whoring for attention or testing the waters to see if you’re still interested. But trying to get you to date one of her friends? Can’t say I’ve had that happen before.

Apex

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few girls I've dated or asked out introduced me to or suggested someone else. In retrospect, I wish I had just declined the "offer". That was way before I was unplugged, so I didn't know any better. It was almost like I was given a consolation prize, like the one I was interested in thought she was doing me a favor. It was pretty insulting, to be honest.

These experiences were around the time I was involved or asking the first girl, not later on. I can only assume that if she's contacting you after a long silent period, she's trying to get attention or possibly sees you as a Plan B.

I don't really intend on getting myself into that sort of situation again. If this does happen, how could one appropriately respond in the moment?

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few girls I've dated or asked out introduced me to or suggested someone else. In retrospect, I wish I had just declined the "offer". That was way before I was unplugged, so I didn't know any better. It was almost like I was given a consolation prize, like the one I was interested in thought she was doing me a favor. It was pretty insulting, to be honest.

These experiences were around the time I was involved or asking the first girl, not later on. I can only assume that if she's contacting you after a long silent period, she's trying to get attention or possibly sees you as a Plan B.

I don't really intend on getting myself into that sort of situation again. If this does happen, how could one appropriately respond in the moment?
Accept it, what do you got to lose?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about the same ratio as expected, 10 to 1 lol
You know they talk a lot about the (in my opinion both very exaggerated and which men face too if they don't take care of themselves) "wall" that women face, but you could likewise say there is a wall for a man's prospects as the "good" women settle down at some point leaving the damage ones left over. The older you get, the more likely it is the women in your dating range are more damaged. It's only on the internet that you can just chill out until you're 40 and then decide to go into the nearest storage center to retrieve your mentally healthy, pleasant and attractive woman, haha! Well, unless you get yourself an asian woman I guess.

@Who Dares Win said something similar once, something like "if you wanna settle down your best odds of doing it are while you're still in the dating range of women in their early 20s"

The thing is, I bet these women they're setting you up with are all your age or just a few years younger.

Apex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are any of the women they try to set you up with mentally healthy and stable?
I think the set ups were based on my own level that they perceived. Like I said earlier, they thought they were doing me a favor.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know they talk a lot about the (in my opinion both very exaggerated and which men face too if they don't take care of themselves) "wall" that women face, but you could likewise say there is a wall for a man's prospects as the "good" women settle down at some point leaving the damage ones left over. The older you get, the more likely it is the women in your dating range are more damaged. It's only on the internet that you can just chill out until you're 40 and then decide to go into the nearest storage center to retrieve your mentally healthy, pleasant and attractive woman, haha! Well, unless you get yourself an asian woman I guess.

@Who Dares Win said something similar once, something like "if you wanna settle down your best odds of doing it are while you're still in the dating range of women in their early 20s"

The thing is, I bet these women they're setting you up with are all your age or just a few years younger.
depend on your "dating range", since a guy can go with a girl who is around a decade young or more.

for the op, no I don't, mostly because I serious don't tend to keep contact, but if it did happen I would turn her down, it could be just her friend wanting someone and the girl send her your way as leave me alone girl, or she really think you would match her, but the linning msg would be she was so sure you was alone then even after a year you was single, I would say no and tell her i'm not single anymore,.