Ever get the Feeling that God Doesn't Want it to Happen?

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm trying to get with this girl and freak coincidences keep happening that hold it back.

For the purposes of the story and your imagination, she's an Eight maybe a Seven for you picky ones.

(Nine when wearing a skirt :woo:)

My plan was simple. Get her number. Call it.

Ask her (while standing there) if she wanted to go out some time.

So we're out and about, walking around (our extra-curicular lets us roam)

She says she likes me, I ask why, she says it's because I'm freakishly cute and funny.

(I was hurt that she used the word freakishly lol)

Anyways, so I get her number, and my phone says emergency calls only.

Something that has only ever happed to me once in the year that I've had my phone.

1/365 chance of happening

So I take things in stride, verbalize the problem, and take a few minutes to reset the settings.

Then, when I'm about to call her, a girlfriend of mine comes out and asks me to do her favor.

The chances of seeing that girl needing me to do something at that point in time are ridiculous.

1/100 chance of happening.

Alright so I get that settled, it takes around 40 minutes as we tag along with my other friend

(who's pretty hot and friendly, worked the jealousy angle for me nicely lol)

All the girls (as we walked in different classrooms) were unusually excited to see me.

I wasn't complaining, but now the girl I'm trying to get with thinks I'm a player.

I'm not.

So that, bundled with a friend always calling me a horndog, does not help me.

Finally, when thats over, I call her. She accidently ignores my call.

(she's right there and tells me so)

What are the fukcen chances?!?

1/25 chance of happening

So the period ends and I still hadn't done anything.

I was determined to do it the next time I saw her.

So(the next time I see her) our class is having a guest speaker (once a year.)

There's no room to wiggle.

I started playing footsies before the teacher called me on it (not as akward as you might think)

1/365 chance of happening (guest speaker for the year)

After school she hugs me, tells me to call her later.

So I call her after school, hoping to get together today and invite to a friend's kick-back.

It's her Mom's birthday.

1/365 chance of happening.

I'm starting to give up. I've never had this much trouble.

Dumb luck alone has given me circumstances that have a 1/118,570,250,000 chance.

Needless to say, if that luck had transversed itself, I'd have easily won a lottery.

Unless of course, she's just fukcing with my head.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God may in fact not want it to happen, but I suspect he would much prefer that you made your own decisions instead of him making them for you. He's probably not gonna interfere in your life; if there's something wrong with the girl, that's YOUR job to decide in qualifying her. Don't believe in fate or numerology. Both concepts are feminine and foolish.

If she said she didn't want to hang out because it was her mother's birthday, that may be bullsh1t. (Who really spends all day parting for their mom's birthday? :rolleyes: ) She could have suggestd an alternate date, but she didn't. MAYBE try her once more, but if you still have trouble then just move on.

In the meantime, spin other plates. You sound like you have mild oneitis.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicely put. I like how you coupled femininity and foolishness.

I actually don't believe in God, but characterized chance as, well, God.

In order Tt get my point across more effectively.

I'm still going for it. But there are only so many things that can keep happening.

If I break my leg when walking up to her I'm giving up. Seriously.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this has all happened in ONE DAY?

So you literally got her # and called her less than 5 hours later? While she's still in the same building with you?

I mean, you don't have to wait a week to call, but, damn, you got some learning to do. :D

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You misunderstood. It wasn't a building, she was right there.

We were walking around together on campus.

Got her number, called it so she'd have mine and planned to ask her there.

I've been flirting with her for a few days so it hasn't been rushed lol (well, not that rushed.)

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Its never that God doesn't want it to happen, its that SHE doesn't want it to happen.

If a girl wants to get with you, she'll make it happen. Even if all of those excuses are true, she'd have proposed an alternative.