Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Even when women don’t know you, their first question is still “so what do you do?”

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was with a buddy the other day and he bumped into a girl he knows. She wasn’t very attractive (to me anyways) so I just kind of stared off at what was going on around us while they chatted. He never introduced me, which was fine, because I wasn’t really wanting to meet her anyways. After they talked for about 5 mins she looks at me and goes “so what do you do?”. Not my name, she went straight for the question of sizing me up to see how much I made. I just responded “little bit of this, little bit of that” because I didn’t want her to know anything about me. I just was was taken back by how women don’t even try to hide their gold digging ways. She just assumed that I’d like her if she heard what she wanted from me ($$$) and proceed to ask more questions in order to “get to know me”. I knew where this was headed so I “pretended” to get a call and walk off from them.lol

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, It is a common way of making conversation. Determining a person's career gives the other person points of common interest. Also a indication of someone's chosen direction in life.

She didn't ask you "so you got a lot of money?"

You had a chance to dazzle her with your passion for your path in life but you failed the most basic of social graces. Be easy to talk to.

joesknows

Banned
Reaction score
Ugly and average looking women do this all the time. It's a weird form of gaslighting to try trick you into thinking she's high value.

Hot women, especially the hottest women, don't need to resort to psychological tricks to generate fake value. They have true value and don't need to resort to elaborate tricks.

I would've just ignored her and not said anything.

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, It is a common way of making conversation. Determining a person's career gives the other person points of common interest. Also a indication of someone's chosen direction in life.

You had a chance to dazzle her with your passion for your path in life but you failed the most basic of social graces. Be easy to talk to.
You missed the part about her being not attractive to me at all. Men are told all the time to just start with “hey”. She could have done that.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It gets worse with women after they hit their 30'tes; then that is their default question ha ha. :devil::lol::rofl:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It gets worse with women after they hit their 30'tes; then that is their default question ha ha. :devil::lol::rofl:
Funny you say that because she was well into her 30’s, divorced, and had just bought a house. I just found it funny that she didn’t even know my name and that was the first thing she said to me. Wish I could walk up to a random woman I didn’t know “hey b!tch, what do you do for work?”. I’m sure that would go over well.

Francis

Don Juan
Reaction score

Completely agree with this. This is a very common way of starting conversation and getting to know someone regardless of gender. Everything a woman does isn't part of a huge agenda which needs to be dissected, they are extremely talkative by nature. If you go get a haircut they'll ask you the same thing. Almost everyone does in the beginning stages at some point. It doesn't "mean" anything and what is said isn't all that important, so much as getting a conversation going.

Some of you guys should just go and talk to people (all of them, except the toxic ones of course) and lighten up instead of being bitter, because I can almost guarantee that it shows in your demeanor. You don't want to be consumed by negativity and end up attracting negative people who drag you down further because that's how you "connect". Been there before. Try joking around and having fun at times.

Last edited:

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my really good female friends got an answer "I sell snacks part-time at a stadium" from her now-husband when she first met him. He kept that sham going for a month or longer. In reality he's military special forces.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely agree with this. This is a very common way of starting conversation and getting to know someone regardless of gender. Everything a woman does isn't part of a huge agenda which needs to be dissected, they are extremely talkative by nature. If you go get a haircut they'll ask you the same thing. Almost everyone does in the beginning stages at some point. It doesn't "mean" anything and what is said isn't all that important, so much as getting a conversation going.

Some of you guys should just go and talk to people (all of them, except the toxic ones of course) and lighten up instead of being bitter, because I can almost guarantee that it shows in your demeanor. You don't want to be consumed by negativity and end up attracting negative people who drag you down further because that's how you "connect". Been there before. Try joking around and having fun at times.
I’m sorry but that is not normal whatsoever. She was talking to me friend, then looks over at me and says “so what do you do?”. Not “hey I’m so and so, how are you? Btw what do you do?”.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a common question but shows a lack of originality. Also, it is not good to ask that question before someone's name.

Women in their 30s have stringent standards for sex with men of a similar age. It's easier to have sex with a 33 year old woman when you are 23 than when you are 36. The 33 year old woman will put the 23 year old man through fewer obstacles to get her vagina than a man closer to her own age because the younger man has no boyfriend potential. There are a lot of 30 something women who are hunting for a provider beta male.

Francis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m sorry but that is not normal whatsoever. She was talking to me friend, then looks over at me and says “so what do you do?”. Not “hey I’m so and so, how are you? Btw what do you do?”.
Sure it is. She was probably just trying to include you in the conversation and get you involved in some way. If you're at a party, someone might be talking to someone they know, then turn to you and say "so, how do you know the host?" or "so, where are you from?" It's not all perfect, there isn't a step by step order. A lot of times people just conversate. People get nervous too.

Francis

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a common question but shows a lack of originality. Also, it is not good to ask that question before someone's name.
Every conversation starter doesn't have to be witty and exciting, especially if you're just getting to know someone or having a random conversation with someone nearby. And it sounds like his friend wasn't being polite either by not introducing them. At least she said something to him.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Women in their 30s have stringent standards for sex with men of a similar age. It's easier to have sex with a 33 year old woman when you are 23 than when you are 36. The 33 year old woman will put the 23 year old man through fewer obstacles to get her vagina than a man closer to her own age because the younger man has no boyfriend potential. There are a lot of 30 something women who are hunting for a provider beta male.
When I was 34, I met a similar age chick at a bar one night. We seemed to be hitting it off pretty well. When she asked my age, I had no reason to lie because she looked about the same age as me. I told her 34. She told me she was also 34. She told me I was too old, and then she ended the conversation.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After they talked for about 5 mins she looks at me and goes “so what do you do?”. Not my name, she went straight for the question of sizing me up to see how much I made. I just responded “little bit of this, little bit of that” because I didn’t want her to know anything about me.
Come on bro, with your experience how does this surprise you?

Past their high school years, women generally don’t care if a man is dead or alive. They just want his resources. Nothing else matters to them.

I know men don’t like this question but really, if a man was a major director or investor or banker or lawyer or doctor or actor, would he not tell the girl? Sometimes I think men hate this question because they hate what they do. If a man was proud of what he did, he would love this question.

I went on a date with a hot 29 year old a few days ago, at the end she told me was “engaged”. Politely way of saying go to h*ll. Can’t take these girls seriously.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell them you're a drug dealer.

I was in a bar one time, and this drunk chick kept asking me what I did for a living, I kept telling her that I was a male prostitute. She asked my age, I wouldn't tell her. She still wanted to bang me that night. Sadly I messed up logistics, and it didn't happen.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell them you're a drug dealer.

I was in a bar one time, and this drunk chick kept asking me what I did for a living, I kept telling her that I was a male prostitute. She asked my age, I wouldn't tell her. She still wanted to bang me that night. Sadly I messed up logistics, and it didn't happen.
Telling them you're a drug dealer isn't bad. If you're meeting them in a bar setting, telling them your actual job isn't ideal. Most people have boring jobs.

In a non-bar setting approach, I'd give something closer to a real answer.

You're always free to answer "what do you do?" with one of your hobbies at first.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on bro, with your experience how does this surprise you?

Past their high school years, women generally don’t care if a man is dead or alive. They just want his resources. Nothing else matters to them.

I know men don’t like this question but really, if a man was a major director or investor or banker or lawyer or doctor or actor, would he not tell the girl? Sometimes I think men hate this question because they hate what they do. If a man was proud of what he did, he would love this question.

I went on a date with a hot 29 year old a few days ago, at the end she told me was “engaged”. Politely way of saying go to h*ll. Can’t take these girls seriously.
I actually love what I do and I make very good money. I just didn’t want anything to do with her because she was ugly even though I could tell my friend had a thing for her. I hate girls coming after my money, that’s why I try to hide it as best I can. I’m not here to raise someone else’s kid or be someone’s bank because they didn’t get their life together. I’ve had women Friendzone me and still ask me for money before. The whole “what do you do” to start off with turns me off the same as if I started off a convo with her with nothing but sexual questions.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How right you are! Before I gave up online dating I went out with a few women in their mid 30’s and they all had this weird concept of making a guy wait a month to sleep with them. The problem is when the month came they’d break it off with the guy! So basically they were never into him but wasted his time for a month. I heard these stories with my own ears. The last one I went out with was 35, 10lbs overweight and gray hairs were starting to show. She tried the “I don’t sleep with anyone until a month” bs and I just laughed and said “good luck with that strategy”. I blocked her number walking back to my truck.