Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eurovision Song Contest

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely NOT me!

EuroVision is getting old, their songs are getting crappier and crappier each year.

I think in most "developed" "western" european countries, people just don't care anymore.
On the other hand, I guess in the new member states and other wannabe EU states (basically all the poor and under-developed eastern european countries) people might still hold some interest...:crazy:

I know, I'm an arrogant bad-mouthing prick...:whistle:

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Le Parisien said:
Definitely NOT me!

EuroVision is getting old, their songs are getting crappier and crappier each year.

I think in most "developed" "western" european countries, people just don't care anymore.
On the other hand, I guess in the new member states and other wannabe EU states (basically all the poor and under-developed eastern european countries) people might still hold some interest...:crazy:

I know, I'm an arrogant bad-mouthing prick...:whistle:
It has been under discussion for long already that EuroVision is getting old.

It was until Lordi won. I believe Lordi started a new era in the history of the contest and now people realise that you actually CAN bring some modern music to it instead of repeating the old formula that worked back in 1980's!

We Finnish have always joked about EuroVision contest that there's gonna be life found in Mars and Hell freezes before Finland wins (since we won the first time in 45 year history). EuroVision contest was kind of a national joke since we never had ANY success in it and the best position ever was like 7th and 50 points or something like that. Now Lordi won with 292 points which is a top record all time.

I love it how the so-traditional-contest-loved-by-grandmas was won by a heavy metal artist.
There you go uptight grannies! :rockon:

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Decent and inoffensive heavy metal though, even Christian you might say. They sing about striking down false prophets, sing about rock n' roll angels, "In God's creation supernatural high."

The true believers
Thou shall be saved
Brothers and sisters keep strong in the faith

And....

Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

It seems consistent with the rest of their music: they even have a song titled "Devil is a loser". Not all their music is in this venue, but Hard Rock Hallelujah is. And, I think, that's how it should be in the Eurovision Song Contest; there are lots of other places to compete in who can be the most trashy. The ESC should not be. Lordi managed to pull off metal that is decent. In that, they found a way to be both innovative and stick to the ideal of the contest they were in.

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that Finland's best position was sixth place once.

I didn't care at all about the Swedish contribution this year. Carola Häggkvist has gone on to the Eurovision Song Contest twice before and won it, so when she showed up this year people called in and voted for her just because it was she. Anyone else with that bland, easily forgettable song would never have won. So I knew we had no chance of winning the ESC this year, and that Carola's tune would be forgotten one hour after the show ended.

A great shame, because we had at least two other songs that would have been much better contributions, quality songs and far more natural and honest than Carola's ever-glittering eyes and happily dreaming smile.