Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Erection problems? Testosterone levels might not be an issue, estrogen dominance might be...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So I found something interesting out while on TRT.
If my T levels get higher than a certain level, I start suffering from erectile issues. It made no sense to me because ED is typically when your T levels are too low, not when they are in a high normal range. It was baffling to me why when I was around 500 I would have no issues but when I was at 700 or 800 I would.

It was extremely embarrassing to me because I was always very capable of long lasting erections without issues and now I was having to deal with having erections that would last for 5 or 6 minutes and then disappear, and sometimes not return no matter how much I tried. At first I couldn't understand why this was happening but as I read more and more about this occurrence I came across some interesting articles.

So basically there are not 2 hormones you need to be concerned about there are in fact 3. Testosterone and Estrogen/Estradiol are the 2 most people are familiar with but the 3rd is Progesterone.

Most people mistakenly believe this is a female hormone but in fact males also produce it just not as much as females because it is used to balance
out estrogen. Since women produce more estrogen naturally they will have more progesterone.

However, even if a male has high levels of testosterone and estrogen that is "in range" they may still have what is known as estrogen dominance. And this simply means that their estrogen levels are higher than their progesterone levels. This leads to weak erections or erections that don't last very long among other issues.

For whatever reason once my T levels get above 500 or 550 I run into these issues. At first I couldn't understand how this could be possible since I was taking exemestane/aromasin which kept my estradiol in range. I began researching it and what I found led me to progesterone and its importance in erections.

In fact, it has been found that testosterone levels are rarely responsible for erection issues and it is in fact out of whack progesterone to estrogen ratios that cause the issue if it is hormonal based and not bloodflow based.

Once I started using a progesterone cream on a daily basis, my erections returned full force and I would wake up with a raging boner most days. The issues with erections disappearing were gone and I would have such strong erections that it felt my c0ck was going to burst sometimes.

Anyone experiencing erection issues I would highly advise to look into progesterone cream before looking into viagara. However before doing this you should probably get a full hormonal workup from the doctor and get both the male AND female panel since progesterone and estrogen aren't on the male one normally.

Anyone taking TRT or higher level doses of T experiencing similar issues, I would advise to look into progesterone cream to bring the 3 hormones back into balance.

Here is some info as to its effects in men.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Also here is a case study on me. I have been on Testopel for quite some time...T ranges from 450-550. No erection issues. Decided this wasn't high enough to fight abdominal fat and aid in fat loss(body has effectively stopped losing weight past a certain point and I can't get it to go past it no matter what I tried). Started adding smaller injection doses every 5 days to boost levels to 700-800 and all of a sudden erection issues begin.

How does this make sense? How can higher T levels lead to erection problems when estradiol is kept in range?

The answer is progesterone levels were now too low and out of balance. Once I fixed this, erections returned full force.