Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Enough is enough, time for a change journal.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 7
Daily Goals:

1. Read 1 blog post from location180 (completed)
2. Apply for work on upworks (completed)
3. Try to complete one transcription job from castingwords to get some transcription work experience
4. Read 5-10 pages from copywriting101 from copyblogger
5. Finish reading copywriting thread on the fastlaneforum

I managed to snag a blog commenting gig through kijiji. It only pays $30 a month to post 1 comment a day, but its better then nothing.

Last edited:

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frig just had my tutoring job account temporarily suspended because they said my internet connection is not sufficient. It was my only source of income at the moment. F me! Now I really need to start transiting over to freelance work.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 8
Daily Goals:

1. Read 1 blog post from location180 (completed)
2. Apply for work on upworks
3. Try to complete one transcription job from castingwords to get some transcription work experience
4. Finish reading copywriting thread on the fastlaneforum
5. Write one blog comment to get paid (completed)
6. Apply for 1 fulltime job related to my field
7. Complete one blog post on my blog (completed)

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 9
Daily Goals:

1. Write one blog comment to get paid (completed)
2. Read 1 blog post from location180 (completed)
3. Apply for work on upworks (completed)
4. Apply for 1 full time job
5. Apply for 1 part-time job
6. Buy webdomain and web hosting (completed)
7. Finish reading copywriting thread on the fastlaneforum
8. Try to complete one transcription job from castingwords to get some transcription work experience
9. Work on website

Last edited:

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TG
Seriously man - I'm a contractor so I know job hunting.
You have to be firing off minium 10 applications a day
Ring the agents and keep ringing. Don't be butt hurt when they ignore u - its normal - most of their day is prospecting clients not selling candidates
Keep title, name of agent, date applied and any follow-up in spreadsheet
Find a job hunting group online if not in person to keep u connecting with people and motivated.
Hope this helps.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ubercat said:
TG
Seriously man - I'm a contractor so I know job hunting.
You have to be firing off minium 10 applications a day
Ring the agents and keep ringing. Don't be butt hurt when they ignore u - its normal - most of their day is prospecting clients not selling candidates
Keep title, name of agent, date applied and any follow-up in spreadsheet
Find a job hunting group online if not in person to keep u connecting with people and motivated.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually pretty demotivated to be honest after applying for so many positions and jobs these past few months and its only gotten worse. I gave the teaching in China gig one last ditch effort last weekend and applied to over a dozen schools and heard nothing back from any of them. The only thing that seems to bring out any spark in me is freelance writing, especially blog writing and I'm hoping I can transition into freelance writing work. The one thing that kind of prevents me from applying for more freelance writing gig is this fear. I think its a fear of failure or something. Also another obstacle seems to be my lack of a portfolio. Most of these jobs want me to show them some samples of work I have done with previous clients but I have nothing to show at the moment so getting a writing gig is a challenge.

I'm going to be purchasing a domain and webhost this weekend and then be launching both a professional website to market my writing services as well as a lifestyle/journal blog as well. I found several job boards specifically for writers so hopefully I can now focus all of my efforts there.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got a reply back from a job I had applied to on upworks. It looks like the hiring person decided to double the length of the job but kept the pay the same $5 USD. He invited me to apply for the job after visiting my personal blog. That's f'ing BS that this guy is trying to take advantage of me being a newbie on the site, but I need to build up my portfolio as well. I'm just going to take it and then once I have 4-5 sample pieces I'm jacking up my rates.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 10
Daily Goals:

2. Read 1 blog post from location180 (completed)
3. Apply for work on upworks
4. Apply for 1 part-time job
6. Work on website (completed)

Last edited:

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Landed my first freelance writing job today. It was from the same client who I mentioned above. He said he read some of my posts on my blog and liked my work so decided to offer me the job. I'm excited but at the same time I'm nervous as well about being able to deliver great quality work.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completed my first Upworks freelance job for $5USD. I probably won't spend too much time on upworks from now on as the pay is really low. I'm going to focus all of my energy on my website now so that I can get it up and running in a few days and start showing samples to clients.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 11
Daily Goals:

2. Read 1 blog post from location180
3. Apply for work on upworks
6. Work on blog
7. Work on business website
8. read don't get a "real" job

Just got my first 5 star feedback rating on upworks. Hopefully it will lead to more work for me.

Last edited:

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 12
Daily Goals:

1. Write one blog comment to get paid
2. Write 2-3 sample articles for business website
3. Fine tune and polish up business website
4. Apply for freelance writing jobs
5. Read 1 blog post from location180
6. Read 10 pages from don't get a "real" job

Last edited:

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 13
Daily Goals:

1. Write one blog comment to get paid
2. Finish writing up sample articles for website
3. Apply for freelance writing jobs

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spotted a cutie today while working out at the gym. She was a new gym floor staff member. We first made eye contact when I walked in and she looked at me, I didn't know how to react so I didn't smile as it was too sudden. Then later on, I walked over to where she was standing and we made eye contact again and this time I flashed a smile and she returned the gesture. As I was leaving the gym after I was done my workout, I made sure to pass by her one more time and then we made eye contact again and I smiled and said goodnight as she smiled, said goodbye and waved goodbye to me. I feel its too early to make a move on a hired gun so I will slowly build more and more rapport with her over time. However I do have a time constraint till next saturday as I will need to move back in with my folks in the suburbs. Right now I'm pretty depressed and down just because of my financial situation. I haven't had much luck so far and its preventing me from working on my dating life just because I'm always going to have money and finances on my mind 24/7.

I've emailed and reached out to 60 local internet marketing companies so far to look for freelance SEO content writing jobs but so far haven't heard a single thing back. I've also applied to about 6-7 writing job postings as well and only heard back from one that pays like $5 per 400 word, $6.25 per 500, and $10 for 800 words. I replied back to them but haven't heard back yet. I'm going to have to break the news to my folks in the middle of next week and that **** is really scaring me right now.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its been a while since I last posted on here. I've been extremely busy just dealing with life. I wasn't able to secure any clients with my freelance writing business so I ended up having to tell my folks about my school situation and moving back in with them. My mother has been giving me **** since day 1. If I had money right now I would pack my things and take off in a second. Its a very toxic and negative environment and she just keeps on criticizing and nagging on me 24/7. Since breaking the news and moving back in with my folks, it has been one huge weight off of my shoulders and has allowed me to focus on my other projects mainly my flagship website/blog http://cbcsurvivalguide.com/. I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to learn everything on my own such as designing my logo which was a huge pain in the ass. I must have spent like a 1 week or so just trying to get something out. I'm a perfectionist so I discarded like 4-6 drafts before settling for my current logo design, which is just satisfactory for me at the moment. I will be redesigning it again once I become more proficient at illustrator. I've also installed some seo plugin called yoast seo which seems to be helpful as it helped rank my website to the first page after following its guidelines. At the moment, I'm trying to learn how to use social media to market my website and increase traffic there. I just shared it with some of my friends on facebook and I feel so vulnerable now. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not, but I needed some support for my baby to grow.

My next goals after this is to redesign my freelance writing website, write 1-2 more articles and then come up with some marketing strategies to get some clients. Hopefully second time is the charm. Once I get some money flowing in I will finally be able to move the hell outta here and go to Europe. Yes, thats right. After my escapade in Europe this past summer, I am really looking forward to going back. I have been conversing with a large number of women from Europe who I could literally meet if I were to ask them out right now, but unfortunately I'm stuck here in this soulless city and winter's almost upon us. On the bright side, my folks have offered to take me with their to Vietnam on their trip in a few months time. The trip will only be for 3-4 weeks so not really a lot of time away from home as I had hoped but nonetheless still a life experience. I'm looking forward to visiting that country soon and sharing with you guys some of my adventures with the women there like my last international journal that I wrote about here.

I have also rejoined the boxing club at my university. I needed at least 1 day to just escape from this prison and to socialize with people. The good news is that there is a decent amount of women who also joined this year compared to last. I think there is something like 8-10 chicks who are at least decent looking compared to last year's 1-2. On the last class that I went to, I met some half cuban, quarter jap, quarter korean chick who was giving me major IOI's. She has a nice body but her face is just above average. I'm really debating on whether or not to take the plunge. Unlike Salsa which is way out of my expertise and the fact that I don't practice at all, boxing and martial arts is my forte. I can really shine when it comes to these types of activities. Since all of the boxing instructors knew me from last year and I have great rapport with them, they have been giving me mad social proof in class. I would also be called out during class or even asked to come forward to help the instructor demo. I have also been working out consistently for the past 2 months or so and have been refining my diet as well so I look a lot more lean now. Two of the instructors complimented me on my physique and said I looked jacked lol.
In the middle of the class when we were waiting our turn to do pad work, I waited right beside the Cuban chick and then chatted her up. She was complimenting me on my boxing saying I was really good and then asking me all sorts of questions about myself. Later I partnered with her and she was asking me all sorts of advice on boxing as well. If her face was just a little bit better I would have already made a move on her.

Right now I'm trying to attend a class where the good looking girls who I saw joined the facebook group attend. Unfortunately I don't know which one of the classes they go to except the Cuban chick so my plan is to go to each one each week. At the moment we are only allowed to attend one class a week so it will take a while before I figure out which chicks go to which class. Also because I'm commuting all the way from the suburbs I don't think its feasible for me to be coming downtown more then once a week. My parents are already on my ass about coming downtown once a week as it is. Hopefully some of the better looking chicks will start attending the classes I go to.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm realizing that trying to make any money online is extremely tough. Its a tough pill to swallow not knowing whether or not all of my efforts are in vain. At the moment I'm having an extremely hard time trying to get traffic to my website in order to monetize it. I think I ****ed up by picking such a narrow niche market where not a lot of people search for those terms. I watched some videos yesterday about how to rank first on google and it seems prior to the penguin update and the changes to the google algorithm, it was very easy to get first place using backlinks but now things are a lot harder. I also learned that ehow used to pay its writers a passive income for articles submitted by it was scrapped like back in 2011-2012. It seems I'm always late to the party. If I had started to learn about this stuff 5-6 years ago things would have been different. Right now I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should register another domain and create another niche website or not but I was doing some keyword research yesterday and the competition is quite high to rank first. I'm also thinking about writing a very short ebook like 10-20 pgs as a freebie for subscribing to my blog but I'm not sure right now.

As the days go on and my parents continue to nag me and whatever I'm trying to do to escape this prison doesn't seem to be working. Its making me more and more depressed as time goes by. I need to escape this city and country in order to improve my dating life where girls don't go on a **** riding carousel binge. I'm really lose right now. It sucks that I can't work on my dating situation at the moment because I need to work on my finances.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: I have been taking a emotional pounding at home from my folks, especially from my father. My mother I can tolerate to a certain level because all she does is nag and complain 24/7 but my father really knows how to push my buttons and say things that really sting. He told me 2 days ago how he ran into an old friend. His son and me went to the same grad school albeit different programs. He said his friend told him that his son is graduating and already has a job lined up and then when he asked my father about me, he said he felt really ashamed and didn't know how to answer him. He basically took his wraith on me when he got home, telling me how I'm a complete failure and how he's ashamed to have a son like me. He goes on telling me would rather not have given birth to me, you know your typical stereotypical Asian insults that parents throw to their kids to manipulate and guilt them. I've only moved back home for less then a month and within a few days my mother is giving me **** and 2 weeks later my father follows suit. He basically blamed me for everything, insulting me saying I have no friends and girls don't want me and I'm a loser. Its never his fault that the fact that he never allowed me out of house to make friends unless I snook off and even then he would wait at home until 3am when I got home and give me **** about it and threaten to beat me. It was never his fault that he was a ****ing SOB who physically and mentally abused me for decades beating the crap out of me when I was younger. The fact that he was giving me curfews even when I staying inside the house, or the fact that he expects girls to just magically land on your lap. Completely delusional, narcissistic, and psychotic about how the world works. Everything is apparently my fault that I have self esteem and confidence issues because I'm suppose to be tough and stronger to take his abuse.

I should have broken free from their clutches ages ago if I only knew how ****ed up my parents were. I never want to treat my kids the same way my parents treated me, especially my father. My younger sister stayed at home for a year unemployed doing absolutely nothing, not going to school, nothing and he didn't say a single damn thing to her, but as soon as I move back home for 2-3 weeks he's already all over my ass about me being a failure. He also blames me for her failures too, saying I'm a poor example and stuff. How ****ed up is that?

Well **** him and this whole dysfunctional family. I actually started to recover and get bits of my self esteem and confidence back when I lived away from home for a while but now I'm right back where I started. He also tells me my whole idea and dream of starting my own business is a pipe dream and he thinks its going to fail.

I really want this business to succeed so that I can move the **** outta here and never to have to suffer and tolerate his crap and also to shut him up and show him that he was WRONG!

So while I'm been busy just biting down and rolling with the punches from my father I managed to write up a ebook and upload it onto my website. I'm hoping to drive some traffic and also build up a relationship with my readers on my blog by offering a free ebook. I also learnt quite a bit doing all of this stuff like setting it all up on mailchimp and creating the book. Next time when I write up another ebook and try to set it up, everything will be a lot faster. I've been putting in somewhere between 6-10 hours a day, 7 days a week trying to learn all of this stuff and get everything done. Its a lot of hardwork and its even harder to do when you not only do not have any support but your taking **** from your folks too.

Now that I've gotten my free ebook all setup and my rss feeds all completed, I can finally tackle my freelance seo writing business again. The last time I launched it, it was a complete failure. My website looked very amateur, I think I priced myself too high for the businesses I was targeting (internet marketing companies). This time around I'm going to go with a new strategy. I'm hoping to accomplish the following things this week and start earning some money:

1. Write 1-2 more articles for my freelance website
2. Resign my theme and website to make it look more professional
3. Learn to market my services more effectively and also target different prospective customers
4. Tailor each specific cold email that I send out to each business. The last time I did this, I did not tailor each email as I followed some guide from some so called "guru" which was total bull****!
5. Ask for continued feedback
6. Also create a promotional video for my writing fiver gig
7. Try to get some friends from online or do a gig purchase exchange to boost my reviews and also my sales so that I can hit level 1 seller which requires 10 sales (I only have 3 sales so far)
8. Also post up adds on kijiji and craigslist for my freelance business as well
9. Write 5-6 articles for infobarrel so that I can still have a tiny bit of passive income and later make it a habit of writing 2 articles minimum a day on my downtime to upload to infobarrel.

Now onto girls:

I've been talking to quite a number of girls from Europe online. If it weren't for the fact that I'm stuck here I could literally have
close to 2 dozen dates right now. Some of these girls are offering me there numbers and skype id. In fact I'm suppose to have a skype chat with one of them on thursday. Total contrast to these girls here in Toronto. Not a single one of them online has given me the time of the day. In fact, one of the girls who I knew from salsa class didn't even accept my friend request, wtf. Like seriously? I am so done with the women here. The dating market is so ****ed up and skewed here. Its like dating on extra hard mode. These girls expect the world from men and yet offer jack**** in return.
This just makes me more and more determined to get the **** outta here, which means need to have a location independent business. I cannot let this goal of having a location independent business die otherwise everything is over. I'm going to be stuck here taking **** from my parents for life, and thats assuming I don't take a gun and blow my brains out before I die from old age. My dating life is going to be pretty much none existent, and even if I landed a job here, I wouldn't be able to save nothing because its so ****ing expensive to live here. So my only chance of a better life is to get the **** outta here as soon as possible.