Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Enjoy being single"....HUH?

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So yea, the topic came up in a convo between me and a close friend. He currently doesnt have a GF but has had his fair share and was going through problems with the girl he's currently seeing. He told me "Enjoy being single". Now ive heard this cliche saying countless of times inside this site and outside. Honestly, as simple as it sounds I CAN'T seem to process it. Its like telling me, "Yea, appreciate living on the west coast. The east sucks.", or "Enjoy eating JUST healthy food. Junk food sucks." or whatever. I sat there and actually tried to take the words in and wondered if anyone else has this same problem. I came to the conclusion that its because ive never been anything BUT single. Ive never been in an official LTR or have dated non-exclusively for extended periods. Basically, its because ive only been on one side of the fence and have never gone passed it to experience something better or worse. Now...how do you guys out there who are in my position deal with it? Now don't tell me "go get a hobby", "work out", cuz Ive had that down for years...

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me paint a picture for you:

Imagine being stuck with a housefull of kids. Every freaking time you come home they are right there the second you walk in the door. You can never have any piece of mind or do what you want to do, because you're too busy bothering with everyone else's problems. Then you have to bang the same chick day in and out until it's so boring it feels like a chore. This is called the average american marriage :)

Seriously, LTRs are something that happens to men, it's not something we need to go "track down". Travel, bang random chicks, and enjoy life and LTRs will happen to you if you allow it.

PrinceKong

Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
Let me paint a picture for you:

Imagine being stuck with a housefull of kids. Every freaking time you come home they are right there the second you walk in the door. You can never have any piece of mind or do what you want to do, because you're too busy bothering with everyone else's problems. Then you have to bang the same chick day in and out until it's so boring it feels like a chore. This is called the average american marriage :)

Seriously, LTRs are something that happens to men, it's not something we need to go "track down". Travel, bang random chicks, and enjoy life and LTRs will happen to you if you allow it.
The average american marriage only occurs if the guy SETTLES for the woman. But a man would never settle, he could get the best out there. But i do see your point. That's why i don't think it's "enjoy being single" but just "enjoy"

Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
I LOL'd!

strey

Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
Travel, bang random chicks, and enjoy life
words to live by, trust me

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Of course being single has some advantages. When you've been with a girl for a few years you sometimes miss the freedom and thrill of the chase and the excitement of a new girl.

But then when you're single you take a look and see all the happy couples and get sick of hitting the club every week and having to go on dates.

Either one can get old.

But I can say that being in a good relationship is worth it. Being in a bad relationship? Not so much.

Studies do show that marriage is one of the few things that lead to a long term increase in happiness. (The guys on this board would have you believe otherwise.)

Having a deep, meaningful relationship where each person actually cares about the other is great.

Reaction score
I can't travel because I am stuck working to pay off a mortgage. But I am starting to bang random chics and enjoy life.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people who are happy and single are living life fully and getting laid regularly. That's my personal opinion.

dannyegg4575

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've never been married, so you don't hear the arguments, the sh>ts couple go through and how they want to kill each other.

Lets use math to simply things.

Sex + Happiness + No responsibility + No stress and expectations MINUS all the arguments and bull****s that go along with it = BLISS.

Men would give you that advice. Women won't. They can't afford to because once they hit that age, it's much harder for them to attract men. They'll settle for anything. That's why women brainwash you and mold you into the kind of man that they want their husbands to be and not the man that you are born to be.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time understanding how being married is bad. Marriage doesn't automatically mean being stuck in a rut. Don't some of you have amazing girlfriends? Wouldn't you continue that relationship? It really should be that simple.

Enjoy being single comes from men who are in relationships that SUCK. I know this because my stupid friends who are married keep telling me this. They made lousy decisions in life and now have to pay for it. Of course they're going to look at the freedom being single brings, and regret losing it.

dannyegg4575

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
have your friends ever tell you about what happens behind closed doors?
of course not! they only tell you about the good times they had.
How often do you seen on the street when couples fight? not very often.

it doesn't mean to be stuck in a rut but it does mean there are a lot of excess baggage you are carrying along with you.

People get into relationships not realizing they're carrying someone else's baggage with them. it's not as simple as you think.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently just broke up with my girlfriend. Been with her for little over a year. The first few days were depressing for me. Cause, I been with her for good amount of time and now I don't get to hang out with her anymore. So, after keeping busy and doing things. A few days later I'm pretty much over it.

Now, that I'm single. I have more free time on my hands. And I get to fvck around with whatever chick I want. Relationships bring drama, fights, and heartache. Luckily, I been able to program my mind where I'm over it in about 3-4 days. I would say enjoy being single and hook up with as many women as you can.

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Life isn't all about girls, there are so many things to do in life, but you will never do all of it. Girls is just a tiny, tiny, tiny, part of life. There's just so much to experience.

If your busy, going out, living the time of your life, doing what you what outta life. Then maybe you will understand what your friend meant.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
WHEn single people want the comfort and consistency of relationship... When in in a relationship people want the freedom to F who ever they want... so guess what people do ??? CHEAT!

traffic

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you're in a LTR you go out and do a lot of sh*t w/ your GF. Basically social stuff and what not. You'll meet a lot of people, not because you're a naturally social person but because your GF is, and some of those people will inevitably be hot chicks who are single and want to fvck. Now you will think to yourself, damn, if I didn't have a GF I could nail this girl.

So that's prolly why guys who have GF's are jealous of single guys, because in their mind, the single guy is tagging all of these hot chicks.

The reality is, unless the single guy gets out and tries to pick up women, he's most often at home doing jack on the computer, because he doesn't have a GF to force him off his lazy ass to meet people, who tend to be hot chicks...and the cycle goes on.

Moral of this story, you're single, get the **** out and meet all of those hot single chicks out there!

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rebound Material said:
I came to the conclusion that its because ive never been anything BUT single.
I can act like DJ and say to you IMPROVE YOURSELF , READ DJ BIBLE bllah bllah .

But ill tell you why you cant get a girlfriend .

But first ill ask you something . Do you get girls ? Becausei dont have either , i havent had LTR since January but i get different b1tches almost every weekend . One night stands .

So my question is , DO YOU GET GIRLS when clubbing , partying and sh1t ?

If the answer is NO , that you're a pvssy .

Its because you're scared to show your masculinity .You're scared to do what you want .Nobody is going to serve you pvssy on a plate . You should go and get it . You should approach like a robot , set after set till you reach that success . You should read a lot . I recommand you Mystery Method , if you're interested i can send you some stuff .

Read the thread on my signature . Than , google and find some openers .

And just go out and approach , approach , approach . Than , approach some more . Do the SoSuave bootcamp and later i can send you The rules of the game Bootcamp too . But only if you're ready to do it.

Remember , "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"

Aktat

Don Juan
Reaction score
There´s no easy way of dealing with it, it´s kind of natural to want to be together with someone and share things with a person. My advice would be just not to give up, there´s someone out there for you too, just keep looking, ask women out.

yama600rr

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a different story for you because you have ever been in a LTR. for me i was in a relationship for 3 years, and basicly living with her for that whole time... and it's nice to been single again. you dont have to watch the clock when you're out, etc. you just have to take advantage of everything situation that's given to you when it comes to girls! for instance if you happen to meet a girl somewhere make sure you dont let the opportunity pass you by... make sure you get that number because you may never see that girl again.
i know its easier said than done, but you have to do it! its the only way for you to not be single is you have to put in the work.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daddy The Pimp said:
I can act like DJ and say to you IMPROVE YOURSELF , READ DJ BIBLE bllah bllah .

But ill tell you why you cant get a girlfriend .

But first ill ask you something . Do you get girls ? Becausei dont have either , i havent had LTR since January but i get different b1tches almost every weekend . One night stands .

So my question is , DO YOU GET GIRLS when clubbing , partying and sh1t ?

If the answer is NO , that you're a pvssy .

Its because you're scared to show your masculinity .You're scared to do what you want .Nobody is going to serve you pvssy on a plate . You should go and get it . You should approach like a robot , set after set till you reach that success . You should read a lot . I recommand you Mystery Method , if you're interested i can send you some stuff .

Read the thread on my signature . Than , google and find some openers .

And just go out and approach , approach , approach . Than , approach some more . Do the SoSuave bootcamp and later i can send you The rules of the game Bootcamp too . But only if you're ready to do it.

Remember , "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"
I would say that youre partially right.

I do go to clubs on the weekends but have only managed to get 1 number in the last few months that ive gone. I still have approach anxiety during the day, but not much during the night. But as far as being afraid to show my masculinity/sexuality I dont think so.

yama600rr: Yes, of course its a different story. Only people that have been in LTRs that eventually ended can trully appreciate being single. Now im not saying that Im desperate to get into one cuz ive seen too many of my friends make that huge mistake before. They went official with some chick just cuz she liked HIM more and not the other way around. Some totally gave into some high maintenance/gold digger and is now broke as fcuk. Another dealt with a possesive psycho b!tch for a year and amazingly he's still alive but under a tight leash, and my co-worker rushed into an LTR with another co-worker who was rebounding and yea...it didnt go well.

Dannygregg4575: Yes, im aware of the "off the record" sh!t that goes on behind each relationship. When you see couples out in public its rare to see them fight/argue(for me that is). Usually they're walking around holding hands, making out on benches or cuddling. Unless one of them is a complete drama queen, then there doesnt need to be a public showing of their personal problems. My bestfriend tells me about his fights with his GF of 2 years almost constantly. There was actually a point where I had to drive to their apt to make sure that one of them wasnt going to do anything drastic to eachother at 2am. So once more, im aware of the excess baggage that is put on you once youre in an LTR.

"The sweet aint as sweet without the sour". - Vanilla Sky