Engineer / Marketing

rimman

Don Juan
Reaction score
AgonyUncle said:
Marketing people have game? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. My word. I cant believe this game nonsense has reached this level. Marketing people are normally lazy idiots. A large percentage have substance abuse problems. Trust me, they dont work half as hard as they like to make it out.

The best game in the world is money. The current economic climate and skills shortage means that an engineer will never go hungry. If you feel you have the ability to deal with people, why not start your own firm?

Im in marketing and would KILL to be able to do what you guys do. My whole family are qualified engineers of some sort in one discipline or another. Wish I spent more time on math at school and less time playing rugby and followed the path they all wanted me to. Might actually have a valuable skill other then the wishy washy profession we like to call marketing. Its impossible to measure, yet easy to justify. Its th reason why we are so lazy

Dont get me wrong, it has its plus points. But it really is a proffession I find very difficult to respect. If you are smart enough to get an engineering degree, you are smart enough to know you are onto a good thing already.

Change your perspective, not your career. And please, stop with this game nonsense. You are not in high school.

I call it game, you can call it charisma or charm or whatever you like. I used it because I cant find a good replacement word (Not natively English speaking)

Anyways. You also make a good point. But I have yet to see an engineer getting rich from his profession. And no, money isn't important for me. coming from a poor background I don't use money as a factor in my social life.
But it would sure be nice to spend less time at an office with social rejects and more time with nice women...

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rimman said:
I call it game, you can call it charisma or charm or whatever you like. I used it because I cant find a good replacement word (Not natively English speaking)

Anyways. You also make a good point. But I have yet to see an engineer getting rich from his profession. And no, money isn't important for me. coming from a poor background I don't use money as a factor in my social life.
But it would sure be nice to spend less time at an office with social rejects and more time with nice women...
Engineers never go hungry and are always well paid employees because the skills they provide are rare in todays job market. If you want to become wealthy, you need to become self employed if you are not in a commision earning role or promoted into directoriships.

That aside, there are a lot more women in marketing and sales. It suits them. They can get their tits out when the going gets tough. Its a social science, which means they gravitate towards it. Its "creative" (No where near as creative as a real job like an architecht or civils engineer though, I will never be able to delude myself to that degree) which means its appeals to them. It also means long lunches with clients and events. Lots of brainstorming. They love this type of meaningless bull****.

Its a generalisation, but the marketing and sales girls are typically the party girls of the work force. They **** around, they like alchohol and drugs, they go through men like toilet paper. At 40 most are onto their third husband and look 60. You get some decent girls of course who are quite outgoing, but the majority of women in this industry are hardly the type worth changing a career for.

You will meet most of them at the local nightclubs anyways. Chances are she is the one in the wet t-shirt comp or the one ****ed on E.