Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Engagement Rings - BULLSHYT

Reaction score
I really want to keep this short and to the point (unlike my other thread that I just made).

I thought marriage is supposed to be all about love.......so if that is the case, then why does the cost of the engagement ring even matter?

Also, why are there so many pvssy excuses for men that put up with women demanding costly engagement rings? These are men who actually cave into demands to waste all of their money on rings. And then the gold-digger wh0re of a fiance walks around saying "look at the size of this rock i got!!".......a good women would be happy to just tell her friends "awww look at this ring, my fiance loves me so much and wants to marry me, I am so happy that I even got a ring in the first place, it is so wonderful to know that he loves me so much that he wants to marry me".

And men put up with this behavior why?

I really cannot believe what these pvssies are thinking.......are they just retarded or were they raised by single moms?

GOD

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's just what they think they ought to be doing with their life. Get married, get a steady job, have 2.3 kids, house in the suburbs. That life probably appeals to a lot of guys. Most of it is probably caused by pressure from their families to "meet a nice girl" and the girl who wants to show off the size of her rock. I don't consider myself better than these dudes, just better informed I guess.

That lifestyle is definitely NOT for me. I seem to thrive in unpredictability.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got married without buying a ring. She b!tched about that for years. Then I finally bought her a ring...and we got divorced. I should have never bought that stupid ring...

If you have the money, then buying a ring should be no big deal. But if you don't have the money, the woman should be ok with that, or else she should not be marrying you.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
If you have the money, then buying a ring should be no big deal.
But the reason i have money is that i don't make stupid purchases based on the idea that "i have the money."

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
But the reason i have money is that i don't make stupid purchases based on the idea that "i have the money."

If it feels that way, then don't get married. A wife is a "purchase" of sorts, and buying a ring for the wrong one is indeed a stupid purchase. But marriage involves spending plenty of money on each other. It goes both ways. I buy a lot of gifts, but I would guess that I have still probably had more money spent on me by women than I have spent on women.

Like everything else with women, all that matters is how you make them feel. Women who b!tch about rings are not happy with other areas of the relationship, and they are using the idea of wearing a big rock as a way to compensate for all of the things they don't like about the guy. Or, more correctly, all of the ways in which she does not like the way he makes her feel.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wives and Homes are things I can't afford the maintenance and upkeep on. I'll find a place to stay and a place to lay for as cheap as possible. :p

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
I guess it's just what they think they ought to be doing with their life. Get married, get a steady job, have 2.3 kids, house in the suburbs. That life probably appeals to a lot of guys. Most of it is probably caused by pressure from their families to "meet a nice girl" and the girl who wants to show off the size of her rock. I don't consider myself better than these dudes, just better informed I guess.

That lifestyle is definitely NOT for me. I seem to thrive in unpredictability.
What's funny is that I've told guys before straightup how spending LOTS of money on an engagement ring is complete BS. And they agree with me!

But then I ask them: 'So are you still going to spend 3 months salary on a diamond?'

And they nod, and resort back to the defense of: 'Well that's just how things operate.'

That's how things operate? Not in my world.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I got married without buying a ring. She b!tched about that for years. Then I finally bought her a ring...and we got divorced. I should have never bought that stupid ring...

If you have the money, then buying a ring should be no big deal. But if you don't have the money, the woman should be ok with that, or else she should not be marrying you.

They want the ring so they can show it off to their friends. HE LOVES ME, look at THE SIZE OF THIS THING! More than yours!!!

I am going to marry a zebra b!tch like Eddy Murphy...

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Like everything else with women, all that matters is how you make them feel. Women who b!tch about rings are not happy with other areas of the relationship, and they are using the idea of wearing a big rock as a way to compensate for all of the things they don't like about the guy. Or, more correctly, all of the ways in which she does not like the way he makes her feel.

Wise and true.

Western women are indoctrinated to expect a ring; therefore if that expectation isn't met they may see that as cheapness or insincerity. But, if you meet a woman who isn't into all the material stuff and you make her feel super special with the other things you do and say to her, she wont care as much about the ring.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. When my wife and I agreed to marry, we simply picked out inexpensive wedding bands (no diamonds). There was never an engagement ring. We were both happy about that. She was asked one time by another woman why she settled for such a wedding band. The wife just told her we wanted to keep it simple. She then came for a visit at our home (it's very nice). Never heard another word. My wife just laughs about it! There are better things to do with money than diamonds. Women should know this. Some just don't. Heck, I could have just settled for one of those flip top openers off of one of my beer cans if it came down to it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't the truth always in the middle? Everybody knows the concept of the engagement ring was a moneymaker for the jewelry hoarders to play on the princess fantasy of women. But that is the reality of the world we live in.

The answer: A modest ring for the woman you plan to marry. I mean, if you want a gold digger, buy a big ring, you're sure to get one.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After research, I believe NO ring is adequate. A Wedding ring should come in at about $5000. And you should think about how it would Look on your wife. Like buying a piece of furniture...how does it look in the room? There are skinny girl rings and there are plump girl rings.

Johnny Cash never gave June an engagement ring. That would be 40 rings with 40 rejections to 40 proposals.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
But then I ask them: 'So are you still going to spend 3 months salary on a diamond?'

And they nod, and resort back to the defense of: 'Well that's just how things operate.'
What those guys really mean is something like this, " She expects a big shiny chunk of overpriced bling, and I believe that unless I kowtow to her on this she will either dump me , or at the least go volcanic and cut off the pvssy supply. "

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your woman wants a super expensive ring then it's a pretty good sign you've got the wrong girl.

I spent $400 on my wife's engagement ring and a year later another $400 on the wedding ring. She's happy and so am I.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your woman wants a super expensive ring then it's a pretty good sign you've got the wrong girl.

I spent $400 on my wife's engagement ring and a year later another $400 on the wedding ring. She's happy and so am I.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Isn't the truth always in the middle? Everybody knows the concept of the engagement ring was a moneymaker for the jewelry hoarders to play on the princess fantasy of women. But that is the reality of the world we live in.

The answer: A modest ring for the woman you plan to marry. I mean, if you want a gold digger, buy a big ring, you're sure to get one.
Try this 'test' of your fiancee ( or run it by any random woman ).

"Honey, I have been thinking about your engagement ring. A real sparkler is gonna run me about $5K . So here are the options as I see them -

A) I just buy you the big rock.. blow the whole $5K.

B) Spend a grand on a more modest ring and the balance on a stainless, triple door, upscale refridgerator .

c) Spend a grand on the ring and open an investment savings account at the bank to establish 'good standing' for the future time when we need to take out a mortgage .

Her answer will tell you a lot about her priorities.

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Try this 'test' of your fiancee ( or run it by any random woman ).

"Honey, I have been thinking about your engagement ring. A real sparkler is gonna run me about $5K . So here are the options as I see them -

A) I just buy you the big rock.. blow the whole $5K.

B) Spend a grand on a more modest ring and the balance on a stainless, triple door, upscale refridgerator .

c) Spend a grand on the ring and open an investment savings account at the bank to establish 'good standing' for the future time when we need to take out a mortgage .

Her answer will tell you a lot about her priorities.
You know, that's a pretty damn good test. I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to buy a rock.

Reaction score
just to step in on my own thread....I am still confused as to how MOST men can be this moronic, this stupid, to ever feel like a proposal is about how expensive of a ring he gets a woman, as opposed to the idea of LOVE, which is supposed to be the ONLY reason to ever want to get married in the first place.

A woman's request for a specific king of engagement ring = 100% divorce rate