Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotions: The Lightswitch

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Emotion, and the lack thereof, haven't been given enough "airtime" in this forum or in the DJ Bible (or so I think).

In my opinion, emotions are extremely important. When you think rationally about something, you're usually able to go about doing it the right way - whether this is related to girls, driving, or anything else. When you allow your emotions to get involved, the entire picture becomes blurred and out of focus. For this reason it is unsound advice to represent yourself in a courtroom - just ask any 1st year law student.

Emotions will make you do things that you wouldn't have otherwise - for example, telling a girl something that you wish later you wouldn't have said, and may actually be kicking yourself for bringing up. They will tell you that, because she hasn't called you, that you must call her. Obviously, logic can overcome emotion, but this is not true if the person hasn't attempted it at some level before.

I propose that everyone has within them the capability of switching off your emotions, just as you would a lightswitch. For some people, they were born this way. For others, they must learn it, whether it's done by "counting to 10", or by alternate means. I believe that it is important for a DJ to have mastery over his emotions instead of them having control over him.

Obviously, there is no 'set' or 'certain' way for one to do this, the only time that it will ever be even possible for you to practice is when you feel your emotions clouding up your head.

Perhaps it's a horrid thread, maybe someone will find it useful. Then again, it might die the death of "No Replies". We'll see.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok here's one reply.

EMOTIONS will ALWAYS triumph over LOGIC. ALWAYS. I'm not bsing here people... Look at those people who want money to save kids in Africa or something...they pull some emotional sh1t:

"Oh please, won't you just donate some money? These children, poor poor children are starving. They don't have a fraction of what you have. Please, just chip in some to make their lives easier...just this once. You'll make a big difference."

::you give in::

"Thank you kind sir. Have a nice day."

That, my DJing friends, was an emotional argument. Would you still have given them money if they said:

"Hello sir. I am here for an organization that collects money so save children who are doomed. ::sh1ts out statistics:: So you see, this donation is tax deductable too. Once again, donate for the following reasons ::lists reasons:: Wait...sir...come back."

It's human nature. Emotions are like a beast waiting to be unleashed. Logic is the frail little cage that keeps emotions in. Be careful and don't let your emotions betray you.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well with girls and emotion dealing with them, i believe this topic is mainly talking about.

yea i do believe it's possible to turn emotions on or off, or just stuff it inside a box for the time being. i can do it easily and im fine with it, OR i just lose interest in someone quickly if i think theyre not interested

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
EMOTIONS will ALWAYS triumph over LOGIC. ALWAYS. I'm not bsing here people... Look at those people who want money to save kids in Africa or something...they pull some emotional sh1t:
Emotion can be subdued. I catch myself all the time going "that wasn't the most logical way to act." You have to TRUST your logic.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OH yea btw, i forgot to metnion that africa stuff ****...if u tried to pull that one on me, i still have the power to choose either YES help them or NO. i wouldnt really call something like that Emotional...it's more out of wanting to DO good or Not Care at all.

some guy did this in the street 2 months ago, he sounded english. showed me pics of these poor children that were poor in what country?? dont remember.

anyway it was about contributing $15 monthly donation to a specific kid. i go...uh nope sorry i cant help you, im a poor college student with a low end job....Cya! and left

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Psychologically, EMOTION is more powerful than LOGIC because that part of the brain develops earlier developmentally and has developed earlier in evolution.

The "limbic system" controls emotion and is present in some of the most primitive mammals, who respond to their environment quite adequately without "thinking" at all. The "cortex" controls cognition - that is, thinking, logic - and is only present in higher order primates and humans.

Sensory information is always processed directly through the limbic system, and indeed you often react emotionally to something before you are consciously aware of it (i.e., before you think about it.)

Emotions can be controlled but only if the emotional stimulus is of a relatively weak intensity, or more specifically beneath a individual's "arousal threshold", which varies according to genetic pre-determinants and environment.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say, GREAT THREAD!! Monks have long ago learned this, and it has been backed up with Scientific studies. They can simply by, "switching on" their happiness switch, reach levels of happiness noone else can possibly dream of, simply through years of controlled meditation and concentration.

It is therefore, possible to swtich OFF or ON emotions at your desire. Some say you cant, with what basis do they say this? Just because THEY cant? Try talking to experts in the feild, people who CAN do it!! Maybe they cant, because their mind is too weak, or they have not practiced enough. Maybe they are not open to the idea, because it is too easy to just let your emotions control u! Let the non beleivers keep loosing girls through their emotional stupidity, and let the rest of us control our emotions for our own benefit.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree that this is a very important topic. We have all these threads on how a person is to go out and do the boot camp and apply his knowlegde and be a MAN. BUT, what happens most of the time? People are too lazy/scared/etc to do ANYTHING. So I say, why not focus on the things that hold us back in the first place, beat that, then the rest is EASY.

Emotion is something that IS stronger than "logic" aka the thinking mind can't make the emotion go away, and often times its is the thinking in the first place that causes the emotion. Emotion causes you to see that hot girl, and either wuss out and say nothing or be to scared to approach at all. Now emotions are a two sided coin: the "good" emotions will mess you up too. Hard to believe but think about it. If you have something good happen to you one day, unconciously you will expect the same thing to happen again, and the next if it doesn't happen you will feel bad because its gone(even if you don't think so, observe how you feel when something external makes you happy one day, then watch how you feel if it doesn't happen next time). And eventually everything will go away, there are no absolutes. In my opinion, the good emotions are more dangerous than the bad, because it is harder to turn those off.

The whole point is that NOTHING external in the world should have power over you or the ability to make you feel an emotion. This state is something that makes you feel innately happy. I mean think about the last time you did something exhilerating or dangerous, it was a great feeling, it was our natural feeling.

READ The Power of Now for more on this. I recommend this book to anybody interested in rising above emotion. I will try email you a MS .lit reader copy if you email me at sofa_king911@yahoo.com