Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Emergency stuff should include things that need time to prepare. Beans-(dry) rice powdered-milk flour spice etc. I would check out what the preppers do. Get food grade buckets and keep that sealed tight in the garage/shed/closet.
Of course, these are included too. But one must also accomodate emotional eating that will take place from the initial impact of negative news that there is a disaster and no food available.

jimwho said:
This advice is if you do your own shopping. Do not bring home any garbage. NO KRAP in the house. If you live with your parents then well "you're screwed".
My parents also want me to go below 40% bf. My mother doesn't practically eat anything much. My dad's the biggest culrpit but even he's easing up because he's concerned about my body weight too.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, they are. We should eat foods with minimal ingredients. Ideally, only one.

Try replacing the crackers with nuts or fruit. They are healthier snacks.
...and what I'm going to do with the remaining crackers?

Reaction score
That's very helpful.
Bro we’re all telling you what to do and you’re just in denial. Stay disgustingly fat then since you don’t want to take our advice. You think this is a drive through and you can pick and choose the advice? You have some serious issues to look at being over 40% body fat.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro we’re all telling you what to do and you’re just in denial. Stay disgustingly fat then since you don’t want to take our advice. You think this is a drive through and you can pick and choose the advice? You have some serious issues to look at being over 40% body fat.
You cant jump on that bandwagon if you are the only one who advised weed. When I responded seriously to your insane post then you go on attack. YOU are not contributing to this at all, everyone else is.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a troll thread. You just want attention.
You don't think the emotional triggers here are real so you think its a troll thread. In fact, if you had a hint of it you would puke. If it were a troll thread then I'd be more open to what the triggers are, but I have kept that hidden and am focusing on the diet part. So far, nothing detailed, gross, or dreadful was mentioned apart from some specific foods and eating.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course, these are included too. But one must also accomodate emotional eating that will take place from the initial impact of negative news that there is a disaster and no food available.
If there is a disaster you need to be lean and mean. Ready to fight, be fully prepared to protect. When sht hits the fan you don't strap on a feed bag and power thru a box of Twinkies. Can't tell if you're joking!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is a disaster you need to be lean and mean. Ready to fight, be fully prepared to protect. When sht hits the fan you don't strap on a feed bag and power thru a box of Twinkies. Can't tell if you're joking!
That's a zombie apocalypse from Zombieland, lol! The main character wanted Twinkies and was hunting store to store for supplies so he can eat more twinkies. I remember that. That's a movie, but I'm not crazy like that. A prep channel did advise to stock up on some non-perishables like crackers, etc.... Perhaps I had listened to the wrong advice about the types of food to store.

But I'm serious about some limited prepping and I'm looking at the news. But I'm hoping to do this in a way that I"m not cheating on my diet.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heard in the grape-vine that if you add Tumeric and Cinnamon is good, and also to be wary of salt that's included in processed foods. This came from a black newscaster that claims that food is poisoned with additives and salt and will make you fat and I thought it was an interesting tip. Either way I'm down to the last box of crackers or whatever and it's losing momentum. Just came back form the gym not too long ago.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
....and suppose there is an emotional trigger to eat them when logic like that flies out the window?
Speaking as a guy who lost more than 100lbs when I got my act together some yrs ago.....
Don't buy anything that doesn't fit the diet you're aiming for...
If you don't have it, you can't impulse eat it.

I went 'no-sugar' - because refined/processed sugars where the problem for me (I had a terrible sweet-tooth)
STRICTLY restricted myself to a sweet 'treat' of a bowl of ice-cream, once per week - so I only bought 1 container (enough for 4 bowls) once a month.
If I ever weakened and ate more..... I would run out quicker and would have to wait longer until I bought the next container.
Oh! - And I deliberately bought diabetic ice-cream only.
I'm not diabetic.... but diabetic ice-cream contains less sugar than standard.

I thought it wrong to waste food.
And if this is a genuine concern for you...
Either give it away, or use up what you have, and when you run out of the 'bad' foods, don't buy any more.

Self-control is the key - and it's far easier to resist buying it, than to resist something that's close to hand at times of weakness.

Last edited:

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a food bank and make a deposit.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bf now at 39% when weighed this morning. Weight below 40%. Did not mention issue with doctor as its less than 40% and I am seeing a snails pace progress with the loss of weight due to good dieting and exercise.

The threat of seeing a doctor to even talk about this produced enough incentive to lower bf by today. But this is just the beginning as weight loss is not all about ultimatums and threats. It worked this time though and I spared myself the embarassment of talking about this with my doctor and the weight went down.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bf now at 39% when weighed this morning. Weight below 40%. Did not mention issue with doctor as its less than 40% and I am seeing a snails pace progress with the loss of weight due to good dieting and exercise.

The threat of seeing a doctor to even talk about this produced enough incentive to lower bf by today. But this is just the beginning as weight loss is not all about ultimatums and threats. It worked this time though and I spared myself the embarassment of talking about this with my doctor and the weight went down.
Your doctor really ought to be the one bringing it up. I'm six two and about 180 pounds. When I approach 190, my doctor will start telling me that I am borderline obese. He's going off bmi charts, which are kind of silly, but he means well.

Things that help me not be fat include cottage cheese for breakfast, raw vegetables during the day, peanut butter if I'm really hungry, and flavored seltzer water, which is like diet soda but doesn't have artificial sweeteners.

Also, if you have a sweet tooth, find a way to meet a local bee keeper to get some real honey. Everything at the store is fake. The real stuff has a very low glycemic index, and tends to actually satiate hunger. It's the healthiest sugar in the world if you need something sweet.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm trying to curb my emotional eating but it's really difficult.

I thought there supposed to be food shortgages coming in the new year, so I bought a bunch of crackers and what not. Nothing happened yet, and some events at home precipated me to start eating this food and now I'm over 40% bf. Healthy chips, crackers (whole wheat) and arrowroot buiscuits.

Planning to see a doctor next week but don't want to disclose too much information as to the emotional triggers to eating this type of foods, etc...

Has anyone have this problem before? How did you deal with emotional eating?
It doesn't matter if food is healthy or unhealthy, if you eat too many carbs then you're going to get fat. This is common sense.

You need to disclose information to your doctor instead of coddling your ego.

You are in desperate need of therapy and you're never going to make any progress if you keep hiding in the mental hole you've built for yourself.