Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eggs

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of bodybuilders including many on the site eat eggs.

Eggwhites to be exact, since the yellow part contains colesterol that's understandable.

I just checked the nutrient values in eggwhites and they contain supricingly little protein to me. I mean there's around 3.4 grams of protein in large eggs whites. That means you have to eat 10 of them to get 34 grams of protein, an amount easily aqquired by eating some tuna for example.

Well, milk has about the same amount of protein per 0.1 liter, so maybe it's good.

I'm wondering how do you guys eat them so they don't lose their nutrient values, cooking them too much can destroy some protein.

How to eat them and actually enjoy them?

Oh, and by the way, how much say, a dozen eggs cost in US?

Thanks for the info.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont eat eggs regularly, a lot of which is due to the fact that it has over 100% of your rda of cholestral per egg. I top up on protein with tuna. I am going to start eating whey protein. To me eggs do not sound like a great way of packing protein. Try whey protein. The decent ones have over 90g of protein per 100 grams of the stuff!

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Canned tuna has high mercury levels. I try to keep it in moderation and alternate with other protein sources. I tend to eat like 3 egg white + 1 full egg. I also eat oatmeal which lowers cholesterol to counter balance things.

Egg are not just sources of protein as well:
a bit of vitamin B-12, vitamin E, riboflavin, folic acid, calcium, zinc, iron, and essential fatty acids
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041100.asp
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/10/011029073601.htm

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I am not sure where I saw this, but I believe that eggs have the highest protein absorbtion rate, like 94-96% or something, where whey and meats would be more like 60-70%.

So don't just look at content, look at what your body makes of it.

I also heard about some crazy research saying that out of all the protein foods, eggs help you to raise your test. levels the most. :crazy:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought we'd already dispelled the myths? Your body cholesterol does not rise because of dietary cholesterol (i.e. be eating cholesterol rich foods) - it will in fact lower because there's an external source.

What's more, half the protein of an egg is in the yolk. So kindly leave the 3 whites 1 yolk game to the fitness models, real men eat whole eggs for the top class protein, fat and calories.

Egg nutrients are not destroyed by cooking, however cooking eggs makes them a little harder to digest. Don't anyone tell me raw eggs make you sick because if that was the case I'd be dead by now.

I personally blend mine with flavoured protein and/or a splash of milk, and drink them. Otherwise, steak and eggs fried in the same pan are good. :D

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Egoist said:
Also, I am not sure where I saw this, but I believe that eggs have the highest protein absorbtion rate, like 94-96% or something, where whey and meats would be more like 60-70%.

So don't just look at content, look at what your body makes of it.

I also heard about some crazy research saying that out of all the protein foods, eggs help you to raise your test. levels the most. :crazy:
Correct, eggs have a bioavailability rating of 100, just the same as wehy.

On the second score, you're also spot on. You will experience some serious morning wood if you boatload the eggs every day (8-10 is good for a start) - I'm talking about the whole egg by the way, there's nothing of value in the white except protein. All the goodies are in the yolk.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Egg nutrients are not destroyed by cooking, however cooking eggs makes them a little harder to digest. Don't anyone tell me raw eggs make you sick because if that was the case I'd be dead by now.
While raw eggs are really good and all, you might want to look out for bacteria which are destroyed by cooking but are there in the raw eggs. I had a nasty stomach infection once because of that, and I used to eat raw eggs everyday.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i second the whole raw eggs... make your shakes taste thick and they're a good source of fat+protein, which is a great type of meal.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!

That blending sounds what I'm gonna do much in the future.
Blending really much food into drinks. Drinking massive amount of food is easier than eating them.

I'm still kinda skeptical about the cholesterol thing, but hey, I won't be eating all those eggs my whole life, just the bulking phase. I can worry about cholesterol when I'm a grandpa when the cholesterol levels really affect. Young people don't get high levelsl.

Can't wait to get bulking. I'm currently recovering from appendix surgery, so I'm only getting to the gym again end of this month. Last time I went seriously to gym was in last summer, got nice 7 kgs of muscle. Damn army and those times in forest with poor food. Lost all of the muscle increase.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
legolas said:
While raw eggs are really good and all, you might want to look out for bacteria which are destroyed by cooking but are there in the raw eggs. I had a nasty stomach infection once because of that, and I used to eat raw eggs everyday.
you can microwave your raw eggs for 20-25 seconds if you feel strongly about the bacteria. most of the time I don't bother though.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 eggs and Turkey sausage. Scrambled/Cooked. BOMB

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make a milkshakes after the gym:

2 tablespoons nesquick chocolate powder
3 eggs
enough milk to make the entire concotion one cup

enjoy :)

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat 4 eggs a day for Bfast. I love them cause you can fry them up in 4 min and eat em in 2. How many other meals (Healthy ones) are 6 min from fridge to belly? Personally I like eggs I just throw on some ground pepper and they taste delishious. Long live EGGS! lol