Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eggs and Oats = Bodybuilder's Breakfast?

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So for the last 6 months roughly, I've been eating eggs and oats for breakfast.
2 fried eggs, no more no less. 1/2 cup dry plain quick oats.

If I'm making an omelette I'll throw some shredded cheese and seasoning (Mrs. Dash) in with the eggs. I also add cinnamon, almond milk, and 1 scoop of protein powder to my oats.

I love my breakfast and I wouldn't have it any other way but I was wondering, how can I make the classic "Eggs and Oats" even better?

What do you guys normally eat for breakfast?

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turbo shake.

2 scoops protein ~27 g
2 cubes of frozen spinach
Banana
100g of oatmeal
5g cocoa
Table spoon of 100% peanut butter.

Blend it like there is no tomorrow.

If I am ''cutting'' I use half banana and 1 cube of spinach or some less oatmeal.
During fruit season I like to add some berries instead and half the banana.

Alternatively

Scrambled eggs (7-8), some cut sausage and ham with red peppers thrown into it.

Some say it is good to have a fatty rich breakfast.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is way too many calories. recommended serving of dry oats is 40g (150cal). Yours is 375 just from oatmeal. Add 100 for the banana, and another for PB. Protein is good but usually one scoop is enough. Spinach is no big deal.

Sounds tasty, but what are your macros/calorie goal?

U

user43770

I add raisins to my oatmeal for a little texture. I'm not a fan of mush.

Maybe try some fresh sliced tomato and/or avocado with your eggs, on the side. They add a little something.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds tasty, but what are your macros/calorie goal?
No idea really : /

I grab a shake like that for breakfast , then 2 x 220-240 g of meat ( before cooking it ) with ~240g of green vegies (spinach/beans/brocolli) . In the evening I grab another 6 eggs with some meat. 4 Days that I workout after this last meal I grab a small shake with some protein, PB and eat some almonds.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So for the last 6 months roughly, I've been eating eggs and oats for breakfast.
2 fried eggs, no more no less. 1/2 cup dry plain quick oats.

If I'm making an omelette I'll throw some shredded cheese and seasoning (Mrs. Dash) in with the eggs. I also add cinnamon, almond milk, and 1 scoop of protein powder to my oats.

I love my breakfast and I wouldn't have it any other way but I was wondering, how can I make the classic "Eggs and Oats" even better?

What do you guys normally eat for breakfast?
Eggs and oats for breakfast is dominant. You get what you need. I shoot for 30-40G of protein with my eggs, so if it's more than 2 eggs I simply add whites after that point, the first two yolks for flavoring and some fat.

On my oats I use organic cinnamon and some honey. I also put coconut oil in there, or I consume a table spoon of coconut oil if I'm not using it in my oats.

My breakfast is usually a omlet out of 4-5 "jumbo" eggs which are 8 G protein and 5 G of fats. I use 2-3 yolks and the rest of the yolks I remove. The protein ends up 30-40 G for that meal.

My other meals usually incorporate chicken breast or fish, usually salmon. Beef is only once ever several weeks. Chicken breast kicks a$$ for getting lean and staying tight.

With chicken you can have a variety of meals with good flavor and great health.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have nothing to add here but man, this seems so foreign to me. I am essentially cutting WAY back on all the food I consume, at the moment. I have found that I can survive very easily on hardly any food. Again, I'm certainly not trying to gain any weight as far as bodybuilding or anything.

For breakfast I'm doing well if I eat a banana and scoop of peanut butter. The big heavy breakfast always made me fat. I've discovered that it's INCREDIBLY difficult to shed excess calories when you eat very big. If you're eating the dense stuff, I recommend strict calorie counting like amazingswayze alluded to in post #3.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys clearly we all have different goals. This post was oriented towards people who want to have a satisfying, nutritious breakfast, not too big, not too small. My range right now is 600-800 calories but when I am bulking I am going to lean more towards 800/1000 cal. With that being said, don't you think more than 2 eggs is a bit excessive? Not even because of the cholesterol, but because eggs actually have more calorie from fat than protein. In my opinion, eggs are a great source of animal protein for breakfast, but all you really need is two. You can just throw a scoop of protein powder in the oats to bulk it up, enhance the taste, and fill up on less calories. Regardless of your goals, I suggest that all gym bros count calories even if you are bulking. Eating anything in sight is for the most part a recipe for excess fat gain.

For example this is the breakfast I have been eating every weekend. I cook it myself.
1/2 cup oats - 150 cal (2.5g fat, 26g carbs, 5g protein) all rough estimates
2 large eggs - 140 cal (9g fat, 2g carbs, 12g protein)
1 scoop protein powder - 120 cal (1g fat, 2g carbs, 25g protein)
2 cups almond milk - 60 cal (5g fat, 2g carbs, 2g protein)
2 tbsp powdered peanut butter - 50 cal (1.5g fat, 4g carbs, 6g protein)
1/4 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese - 80 cal (7g fat, 0.5g carbs, 5g protein)

It seems like a lot but I wanted to be specific so you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. The only thing I did not include was the small spoon of coconut oil I use to grease my pan. Not sure if I should be counting that. Anyways, I will be full for up to 5 hours after eating this breakfast, and I believe I have found a decent balance. All I can really do to make it better is add peppers/onions/spices/vegetables/etc. to my omelettes, and adding some bulk to my oatmeal without making it a sugar/fat bomb.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs and oats isn't getting greedy or large meals at all. The oats will be 50G of carbs or less. Also not big glasses of OJ or something, drink water. You tune your meals to starve the fat, feed the muscle and dont' consume more carbs than you need.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys clearly we all have different goals. This post was oriented towards people who want to have a satisfying, nutritious breakfast, not too big, not too small. My range right now is 600-800 calories but when I am bulking I am going to lean more towards 800/1000 cal. With that being said, don't you think more than 2 eggs is a bit excessive? Not even because of the cholesterol, but because eggs actually have more calorie from fat than protein. In my opinion, eggs are a great source of animal protein for breakfast, but all you really need is two. You can just throw a scoop of protein powder in the oats to bulk it up, enhance the taste, and fill up on less calories. Regardless of your goals, I suggest that all gym bros count calories even if you are bulking. Eating anything in sight is for the most part a recipe for excess fat gain.

For example this is the breakfast I have been eating every weekend. I cook it myself.
1/2 cup oats - 150 cal (2.5g fat, 26g carbs, 5g protein) all rough estimates
2 large eggs - 140 cal (9g fat, 2g carbs, 12g protein)
1 scoop protein powder - 120 cal (1g fat, 2g carbs, 25g protein)
2 cups almond milk - 60 cal (5g fat, 2g carbs, 2g protein)
2 tbsp powdered peanut butter - 50 cal (1.5g fat, 4g carbs, 6g protein)
1/4 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese - 80 cal (7g fat, 0.5g carbs, 5g protein)

It seems like a lot but I wanted to be specific so you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. The only thing I did not include was the small spoon of coconut oil I use to grease my pan. Not sure if I should be counting that. Anyways, I will be full for up to 5 hours after eating this breakfast, and I believe I have found a decent balance. All I can really do to make it better is add peppers/onions/spices/vegetables/etc. to my omelettes, and adding some bulk to my oatmeal without making it a sugar/fat bomb.
It's tough when you have the bro science guys out there like Mike Chang and John Romaniello telling people to chug down oil as if it's a beer-funneling frat party. Those type guys have the right idea (fat is good and should not be avoided), but they advertise their stuff in a way that makes it seem like guzzling it is the miracle cure. The average bro out there takes it at face value and doesn't realize they are quadrupling their caloric intake.

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't eat breakfast, I eat all my meals within a 5 hour window (but still the same amount of calories). It's called intermittent fasting, it boosts your growth hormones and testosterone to insane heights. Google it.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've eaten eggs and oatmeal for breakfast for years:

I swallow 3 eggs, raw and organic.

I add coconut or almond milk to oatmeal, but I can also eat it simply by adding water.
I'm not judging you for swallowing your eggs, but isn't it more satisfying to cook and eat them?

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't eat breakfast, I eat all my meals within a 5 hour window (but still the same amount of calories). It's called intermittent fasting, it boosts your growth hormones and testosterone to insane heights. Google it.
I'm considering IF for the next time I cut. As long as I get used to it, it seems like the most efficient way to diet/live.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's tough when you have the bro science guys out there like Mike Chang and John Romaniello telling people to chug down oil as if it's a beer-funneling frat party. Those type guys have the right idea (fat is good and should not be avoided), but they advertise their stuff in a way that makes it seem like guzzling it is the miracle cure. The average bro out there takes it at face value and doesn't realize they are quadrupling their caloric intake.
What are you saying? That it's hard to go low-calorie when you have fitness models advocating the "see-food" diet, and calorie bombs in general to gain mass? I honestly think you have to use common sense. Any bro who bulks without counting calories is walking on thin ice, for the most part.

I believe it is your responsibility to develop a diet that works for you, not to blindly follow someone else's advice.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And getting fat as all hell and make an excuse that they are "bulking".

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never cook. I'm happy keeping my meals simple and my preparation minimal. I eat the same 5-6 meals every day, Monday-Friday. It never changes.

Weekends I'm a bit more flexible but I still never prepare or cook food.

The extent of my preparing food involves microwaving rice and oatmeal. My 3 whole-food meals per day comprise eggs, canned chicken, ready-bag rice, almonds, and raw spinach with just enough dressing. The only things I need to compliment my meals are a can opener and glass containers. My other 2 meals are protein shakes. I use a bottle blender for that. Just add protein mix and water.
Very interesting approach. You could save a lot of money by not having to buy an oven/stove/equipment lol.