Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Egg yolks & cholesterol

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah so my dad came around for the first time in awhile.

I was talking to him about my new diet/lifestyle and told him I eat 6 whole eggs a day for breakfast.

As soon as i said it he was sort of shocked and told me that that was way too much, because of the cholesterol in the egg yolks. He had some heart problems afew years back relating to cholesterol, so he's mildly educated on it of course.

I know there've been discussions about egg yolks before but a search didn't come up with much.

What are your guys take on egg yolks, how many you can have, what type of person it is okay for, and whether it is good to eat 6 egg yolks a day when trying to strip fat.

I know dietary fats are different from body composition fats, and that there is Good cholesterol and Bad cholesterol...So...Is there actually any health issues from eating 6 whole eggs a day?

Redux

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have two options now:

a) Belive this:

Whole Egg Avoidance

Another myth: refraining from ingesting the yolk portion of the egg. Many bodybuilders opt for the egg white and ditch the egg yolk for whatever reason. The truth is the egg yolks are the most nutrient-dense portion
of the egg. All of the egg's Vitamins A, D and E are in the yolk. Egg yolks happen to be just one of the few foods that naturally contains Vitamin D. The yolk portion also has more manganese, phosphorus, iodine, copper, calcium, zinc, and iron than the egg white itself. Egg yolks should not be avoided because of the high amounts of cholesterol either as high cholesterol levels are correlated with diets high in Trans Fat and Saturated Fat, and genetics play a big role in cholesterol levels. Egg yolks are also anti-catabolic because of the Arachidonic Acid found in them. Overall, there really isn't a reason to avoid whole eggs.

or b):
Keep what you are doing and having blood analysis every two weeks. And compare the cholesterol levels.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everything redux said, plus, for most people there is zero correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood serum levels of HDLs, LDLs, and triglycerides. particularly if you are not carrying excessive bodyfat.

as an 18 year old, it should suffice to get an annual physical that includes a blood cholesterol test.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and look for eggs from naturally-fed chickens, if you can avoid paying a fortune for 'em. where I am they're $2/dozen rather than $1/dozen... to me that's a small price to get an appropriate balance of omega-6s & 3s.

pressure0354

Don Juan
Reaction score
heres what you should do, as read from Mens Health magazine,

have a yoke for every two egg whites. simple as that.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would interested in finding out how bad the cholesterol is in egg yoke as well. On average a day I eat 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites,I hope this won't bite me in the a55 when I'm older.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yolks are so damn yummy. I love dipping my toast in them.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*is drinking 6 eggs at the moment*

*figures that with the heavy weights/injuries/car accidents/STDS/gun violence/bar fights/already insane 5 cans of tuna a day/diet that the eggs are probably the last worry*