Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

EFFORT, how do you train?

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in light of those tnation threads, i figure SS should have one on effort who never reveals any info on himself.

fire away.

NOTE TO NEWBS: he has a ton more experience so do NOT copy him if you are a beginner/intermediate (unless he is also and he's been kbjing us all along!)

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a lot of bad training decisions in my first years.....bad form with too much weight, showing off etc, which left me with some injuries (healed but can easily be aggravated by certain lifts/weights) that influence my training style and routine. I use a DC style routine with a 2 lift rotation. Like this

Upper A, Lower A, Upper B, Lower B

Upper is laid out like this...rp is rest paused

Chest- 30rp (high rep range to prevent old tri injury from coming back)
Shoulders-20rp
Tris- 30 rp (same reason as chest)
Back Width- 15rp
Back Thickness- If i'm doing Deads then its 2x15-20 (high reps to prevent lower back injury from coming back)

For chest supported rows, cable rows I'll do 1x6 then 1x12

For lower body its

Biceps-15rp
Hamstrings- 15rp
Quads- 2 sets in the 15-50 rep range to prevent knee injury from waking up
Calves- sometimes DC style or 2x12
Abs- 20rp
Neck- 20rp or a straight set of 15-20reps

This setup works best for me and doesn't aggravate any of my injuries. For diet I follow a carb cycling approach.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
very cool. how long have you been doing dc?

post up your body stats/ diet (sound familiar? lol)

also, i do not remember but are these traditional rp values for the said exercises? never knew biceps were 15, and though more of the bigger lifts were 15.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'10, 225 @ 10%, I'm on my way up again so weight fill be fluctuating a lot, like by the end of today (Super High carb day) I should be around 236. I've been doing the DC style training for around 6months now.

Current Diet

Monday (super high)

Meal 1-125carb, 25pro
Meal 2-125carb, 25pro
Meal 3-125carb, 25pro
Meal 4-125carb, 25pro
Meal 5-125carb, 25pro
Meal 6-125carb, 25pro
Meal 7-125carb, 25pro
Meal 8-125carb, 25pro

Looks pretty crazy but it goes smooth. The meals alternate between 2 -3/4 cup oats/rice/grits + 1scoop whey, and 2 fast carb (carbo gain) shakes one during and one after workout.

Tues,Thurs,Sat Sun (low carb days)

Meal 1-50pro
Meal 2-50pro
Meal 3-50pro
Meal 4-50pro
Meal 5-50pro
Meal 6 -50pro

No carbs on these days. I eat Chicken,beef,fish,eggs,whey for the protein and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to each meal in addition to veggies and fish oil. I also do 30-60min of steady state cardio on the elliptical these days. I'm currently doing 40min sessions.

Wed,Fri (high carb days)

Meal 1-100carb,25pro
Meal 2-100carb,25pro
Meal 3-100carb,25pro
Meal 4-100carb,25pro
Meal 5-100carb,25pro
Meal 6-100carb,25pro

Same deal foods as a super high day just less of them, and more solid food protein sources since i won't be as full.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your numbers in the squat/bench/dead?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
What are your numbers in the squat/bench/dead?
Can't do any maximal weight stuff

I've cut out squatting (upper back issues) and use the leg press as my main quad lift. I work in the 270lb- 500lbs weight range using a 15-50rep scheme

For Chest work usually working in the 200-260lb range depending on the lift with 30rp

Deads are in the 215-250lbs weight range with a 15-20 rep range and sometimes as high as 30, this is one lift i have to be extra careful with so i limit myself to 250lbs as the highest weight I'll use.

This isn't ideal and I'd love to be pushing some big weights, but again its my fault for making mistakes and injuring myself.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for sharing EFFORT.

If you dont mind, could you go into a little more detail about the injurys you sustained? exactly what did you hurt and how?

Im just starting out with weight lifting, so Im pretty eager to get everything right and not injury myself. Would be good to learn from your experiances.

can you reccomend anything in particular I can do to avoid injuring myself? Cheers!

Cure.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhomboid tear from doing BB rows with incorrect form and too much weight
Tweaked disc in lower back from Deadlifting with incorrect form and too much weight
Tweaked tricep too much weight on close grips

Advice= Learn proper form, and check your ego at the door.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm i dont get it, LOTS and LOTS of people push themselves in the gym and get stronger, not injured...I understand the bad technique stuff and hurting your back but the upper body work...

the tweaked triceps and torn rhomboid ?? did you take anabolics at the time ?? How much were you rowing and close grip benching ??

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful in that gym guys. Getting an MRI on my knee today. Feel two pieces of cartilage floating around in there.

Squats went from working out with 135lbs or so when I started my program this year, to it hurting now just doing the bar. Hoping for the best!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
h

the tweaked triceps and torn rhomboid ?? did you take anabolics at the time ?? How much were you rowing and close grip benching ??
I've never taken anabolics.

The rhomboid tear took place when i decided rowing 250 would be a good idea, i weighed about 208 at the time and had no strength base in place to row that kind of weight and my form was beyond terrible.

The tricep tweaking wasn't 100% from lifting. I was going to sit down backwards and misjudged it and ended up straining it then lifted a few days later and that made it even worse.