Effectiveness of Mirroring

Don Giovanni

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been re-reading some of the bible stuff and I came across some of the subconscious stuff that I never really tried, such as mirroring. I know that kino works great from experience, but since I usually try to have fun in a conversation, I usually don't try anything like physical mirroring or even verbal mirroring for that matter. How effective is mirroring, both physically and verbally? Is it one of those things that can't hurt if you try it, or is it like kino.... absolutely essential in some cases? What results have you guys had with mirroring? It would be great if some of the verterans or anyone else who had done mirroring effectively put in their word. I don't believe this topic has been touched recently and everyone would benefit from feedback on the effectiveness of mirroring, both physically and verbally.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mirroring is actually a very funny thing to do especially if your in a group of people talking (easier to be subtle). I tend to notice a girl with her hands crosses like mine or whatever theb ody language is. Then you subtlely change it, and when she follows suit, you know she is on or wants to be on the same wavelength.. Its sort of hypnotic in that she is subconsciously following a conscious decision you make...

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont try mirroring breathing. Whether it does work, its troublesome to try to figure outwhen shes in inhaling or exhaling...Its now worth the trouble.

Instead of doing that, try mirroring her posture, if shes relaxed, or tense, or anything that would accomodate to her mood. Her mood usually dictates her breathing so dont focus on her breathing, focus on her mood and posture.

And this too ----> trance words

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely (consciously) try mirroring. Whenever I'm talking to a girl, and there is mutual attraction, we're usually already mirroring each other w/o me even trying.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't consciously mirror people (not just girls I like), but it often happens when I want to drink something or pick up the napkin. It seems that when someone else is doing it, I feel like doing it, though I feel no attraction to that person in any way. I don't know how mirroring can signify attraction?? What is the theory behind it?

Alpha King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't there gender differences in gestures, facial expressions, and speech? If so, then when we mirror girls we could end up acting like girls.

If you are going to mirror, I think it's important that you not mimic the girl too closely. Modify her expressions in a masculine way.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on yourself. Do not purposefully mirror.

There are guys who break down the natural attraction process into all these little parts and turn it into more than it ever should be. Getting women is simple. Leave this rocket science out of your mind.

If you're into a chick, you'll probably mirror her from time to time without even realizing it. If a chick is into you, she's probably going to mirror you.

Focus on yourself and take the LEAD in interactions with women.