Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Effectiveness of birth control

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yes, that was my point. Condoms are all but 100% effective when used correctly. The error would be manufacture defect, which I believe once Trojan estimated at a fraction of 0.1%.

If the failure rate actually were 2% (which is quite high), a man should expect to impregnate twice per 100 lays. If that actually were true, I should have about 20 children by now (I have none).
Doesn't really work that way in terms of failure rate, but as long as your theory works for you, then that's cool.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Explain it to me. Obviously I’ve just been lucky
You could also have a low sperm count or sterile. Not saying you are, but you asked for possibilities, and those could be some issues for any person who plays the lotto with sex; not just you.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also have a low sperm count or sterile. Not saying you are, but you asked for possibilities, and those could be some issues for any person who plays the lotto with sex; not just you.
I asked for an explanation. Not what is “possible.” 98% effective assumes 2% of the time condoms fail as a contraceptive. That’s the math your source provided. If a guy has sex 1,000 times he should have impregnated 20 times. What is the cause of the discrepancy?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I asked for an explanation. Not what is “possible.” 98% effective assumes 2% of the time condoms fail as a contraceptive. That’s the math your source provided. If a guy has sex 1,000 times he should have impregnated 20 times. What is the cause of the discrepancy?
Contact the AMA, NIH and the other people who completed the studies. These are the numbers from their findings. There's something called the bell curve in stats. An Introduction to the Bell Curve (thoughtco.com)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That’s a non answer. My point stands. Condom failure is human user error. None of us have magical sperm that can diffuse its way through latex.
Whatever you say dude. You know more than the medical professionals. They are wrong, you are right. You're the all knowing and powerful OZ.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Condoms can break, that's quite common.
Condoms break if you mishandle them with sharp nails.
Condoms break if the girl isn't excited enough to be lubed up naturally.
Other than that, chances are very slim.

Have you ever seen condom durability videos and how they're tested?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have practiced pull out method my entire life with no failures.

My current wife and I fvcked with pull out for 2 years.

when we started with a baby, we had sex twice in her fertile period while leaving my man fat inside and she was immediately pregnant. So this kind of proves we were both pretty fertile.

I know it’s not recommended but pull out worked for us, and worked with several previous partners.

not sure if this would be the case for people in late teens/early 20s (I used condoms back then) bit has been true for me since about 25

what’s more, pull out is safer than relying on “I Think I took my pill” from the worlds least organised and disciplined sex.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Condoms can break, that's quite common.
Only happened to me ever with, erm, alternative entrance.

I thought “condoms breaking” was code for “we couldn’t be bothered and now I need a cover for why I got pregnant!”

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Is it normal for a girl to use birth control regularly? As in, she's not having sex actively, but uses it daily for the health benefits it provides...?
Yes. Many females are on birth control for a variety of different reasons besides pregnancy. They could have a hormone imbalance, acne issues, painful periods (cramps), and even mental issues. Basically, they all go back to hormone imbalances and the birth control products which manage hormones are used to bring a female's hormone levels in balance.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it normal for a girl to use birth control regularly? As in, she's not having sex actively, but uses it daily for the health benefits it provides...?
In my experience, no it's not.

Only one of my past partners used it, and as fun as that was, the hormonal imbalances were unpleasant.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
In my experience, no it's not.

Only one of my past partners used it, and as fun as that was, the hormonal imbalances were unpleasant.
We prescribe it all the time. There are non-hormonal BC options too.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There should be a contrast here. I'm an XXY with single digit sperm count. My wife and I are going to end up paying big bucks to have a kid. I've saved for it, but a one time operation: Micro-Tese is going to cost me $20k with only a 50% success rate.

Think long and hard before you make any big decisions. I wish I hadn't worn a condom the first 5 years of marriage. I may have gotten lucky and saved myself a pile of cash. The biological clock ticks for both men and women, do not mistake. One day, when you are looking at the house, cars and all the stuff you've accumulated, you're gonna wonder to yourself, who is going to inherit this? Who is going to know about my life and who will care? Watching your parents grow old without any young ones walking around is torturous.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
One day, when you are looking at the house, cars and all the stuff you've accumulated, you're gonna wonder to yourself, who is going to inherit this? Who is going to know about my life and who will care? Watching your parents grow old without any young ones walking around is torturous.
Who cares. Can't think and wonder about when you are gone if you cannot afford to medial care, feed, clothe or provide shelter for you or your family. One needs to plan for the future, not worry what's going to happen when you're gone. I can tell you one thing, once you're gone, you do not have to worry about medical care, food, clothing or shelter.