Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Effective use of your ignore list.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every poster here is empowered with a handy feature: an ignore list.

Trolls? Idiots? Haters?
Find yourself repeatedly arguing over and over again with the same person?
Is someone constantly bashing other posters and you're tired of reading it?

Don't be reactive and complain or argue, be proactive and take you're owns steps to remedy the situation.

Add retards to your ignore list! It's easy!

1. Click on their name
2. Select "view public profile"
3. At the top of the info area, click on "add (retard) to your ignore list"
4. At the next screen, click "submit"

Easy! No more harshness! It automatically blocks every post the offensive person ever made!

And, for the sake of other posters: If you want to argue with a retard, please, PLEASE, don't quote entire posts - instead, direct your response to the retard.

"(Retard) I disagree. Blah blah blah"

"(Retard):

Blah blah blah"

That way, those utilizing their ignore lists don't have to be brought into trolls and ridiculous flame wars.

Thanks! Enjoy!

Last edited:

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
thanks...i am adding vulpine to my ignore list. only person so far i have done that with. it is a sign of immaturity to ignore those that do not agree with you. sometimes we learn more from people we can't stand than we do from "yes" men.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic.

A perfect example!

The first person to reply to this thread is what? On my ignore list. :rockon:

What, retard? I can't make out anything besides "This message has been blocked because (retard) is on your ignore list."

I wonder how you made it to that list? Trolling? Being an idiot? *shrug* I guess it doesn't really matter, does it?

:yawn:

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
He just said that you were on his ignore list, basically...not much of a flame really if it was intended to be one.

Since I end up arguing a lot I am probably on your ignore list too.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
i have no clue how anyone can get so angry at people who post on forums. i shudder to think how f***** such a person is in the real world. a hint to all: don't take these threads that seriously. hell, don't take life so seriously. have fun with yourself and others.

such a thread could only be started by an iconic troll himself. some of the folks on here take their online status way too seriously. in one simple word - chill.

remember: life is not about finding only those who fit your idea of what the world should be about. that is why more of you need to travel. have an open mind to the diverse views of others. that is the only way any of us will ever grow. a close minded attitude is the easy way. trying to have an open mind towards others is, for most of us, our greatest challenge in life.

a thread dedicated to ignoring others. geez, some of you have way too much hate running through your veins.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... very interesting. Well, I could see how a thread titled "Effective use of your ignore list" would grab the attention of trolls. It must irritate them to no end that I am helping my brothas to eliminate the negativity on here.

Sorry, wyldfire, but you've admitted to be a troll in the past, and old habits die hard. Once I've classified you as a concern troll, everything you have to say is suspect and not helpful.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9404/concerntrolltoolingxre8.png
What you say? All your base are belong to us? Let me guess, since the thread addresses trolls, you are going to side with me to put people off your trail. You're a sneaky one, I'll give you credit. But come on, kitty-kat, you are a woman that loves to argue with men, in a men's forum. :confused:

In conclusion, let me point out that the title of the thread is "Effective use of your ignore list". I have, without a doubt, demonstrated it's effective use.... twice. I hope all will do the same.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check it out!

Now the flamers and trolls are flaming and trolling each other!
(At least, that's what I'm left to imagine)

This thread :rockon:'s

I'm not going to post another picture... but if you guys use your ignore lists and come back to visit this thread... :up:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Every poster here is empowered with a handy feature: an ignore list.

Trolls? Idiots? Haters?
Find yourself repeatedly arguing over and over again with the same person?
Is someone constantly bashing other posters and you're tired of reading it?

Don't be reactive and complain or argue, be proactive and take you're owns steps to remedy the situation.

Add retards to your ignore list! It's easy!

1. Click on their name
2. Select "view public profile"
3. At the top of the info area, click on "add (retard) to your ignore list"
4. At the next screen, click "submit"

Easy! No more harshness! It automatically blocks every post the offensive person ever made!

And, for the sake of other posters: If you want to argue with a retard, please, PLEASE, don't quote entire posts - instead, direct your response to the retard.

"(Retard) I disagree. Blah blah blah"

"(Retard):

Blah blah blah"

That way, those utilizing their ignore lists don't have to be brought into trolls and ridiculous flame wars.

Thanks! Enjoy!
Sad that this merits a thread but I nominate it for thread of the year.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire certainly makes sosuave show its collective a55. The thread where you fvcking losers insulted her left and right because her son's gf got pregnant is a disgrace. You are all simply showing how fvcked in the head you are, especially this crap by Desdinova, who for some unknown reason is a mod. When you read this rant, anyone with half a brain can see that he has major issues with women, as well as being a pvssy-a55 little b!tch who hides behind a keyboard, spewing sh!t that he would never say in person.

This is fvcking pathetic:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=118837&page=2

I'm not going to lecture you on doing a 5hitty job on raising your child. He's 18 and he's been set free. It's now time to learn from his own mistakes, and he took no time at all in making them...

Quote:
He and his girlfriend stopped by today to inform me that they are going to have a baby. He's 18 and she is 17.

It almost reminds me of myself in my stupid younger years. Yeah, I bought the ring and wanted to marry her when I was in my early 20s. It didn't work out though. When she entered her early 20s, she wanted nothing to do with a LTR and wanted to party with her friends. I've seen this happen with so many young couples who were under 25 years old.

Second, marrying to "do the honorable thing" (in other words, marrying because he knocked her up) is a very bad choice. He's marrying this girl for the wrong reason. Here's a question to ask: If she wasn't pregnant, would he be scurrying to get an extra job and buying her a diamond? Probably not because he wouldn't have an excuse to marry her. The marriage should be based on the love that they share, the similar plans for the future, and common interest. Unfortunately, those things are FORCED to be created because she's pregnant. None of it is developing naturally.

Let me tell you a story about a friend of mine who did "the honorable thing". Right after she found out she was pregnant, he proposed and bought her a ring. Two months later, they had a big expensive wedding and the bill was paid for by her family. The wedding was an absolute mess because it was thrown together in such little time. The bride was in no condition to be getting married because she was nauseaus and hot (and four months pregnant). It was probably the most disorganized and messy wedding I've ever attended.

Within a year, the two got into a fight and the neighbours called the cops. They hauled my friend off to the slammer (of course they didn't touch her even though she's the psycho one) and she had put a restraining order on his ass. He didn't see his wife, nor his child for about five months. They're back together now, but he's stuck in a marriage with a wife who hates him.

Another friend I know got another girl pregnant. They had the child without getting married, and decided to try seeing if they would work out. After having the child and living together for 1 1/2 years, they decided to get married. The wedding was nice, and they're both doing very well together.

I would STRONGLY advise the boy not to get married just because she's pregnant. The only thing he's doing by "doing the honorable thing" is pleasing everyone else - most likely her parents. Sorry Wyld, but your son has no direction of his own. He's doing what's going to make everyone else happy while sacrificing his own happiness.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Hmm... very interesting. Well, I could see how a thread titled "Effective use of your ignore list" would grab the attention of trolls. It must irritate them to no end that I am helping my brothas to eliminate the negativity on here.

Sorry, wyldfire, but you've admitted to be a troll in the past, and old habits die hard. Once I've classified you as a concern troll, everything you have to say is suspect and not helpful.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9404/concerntrolltoolingxre8.png
What you say? All your base are belong to us? Let me guess, since the thread addresses trolls, you are going to side with me to put people off your trail. You're a sneaky one, I'll give you credit. But come on, kitty-kat, you are a woman that loves to argue with men, in a men's forum. :confused:

In conclusion, let me point out that the title of the thread is "Effective use of your ignore list". I have, without a doubt, demonstrated it's effective use.... twice. I hope all will do the same.
I've never trolled here. The only place I ever trolled was Yahoo Message Boards...and only because my best friend was a rather prolific Yahoo troll. He tore up the Dating and Romance message boards there...and is legend. He was a phenomenal writer who would post extremely politically incorrect and borderline offensive things to set a trap for hyper emotional people to react and then he'd slowly lure them into a debate and then rip them to shreds. He was the most intelligent person I have ever known. The only time I ever really enjoyed trolling was with him and it was never something I did on my own. He has since passed away, so rest assured...there is no risk of me trolling here or anywhere else. I do love to debate, though...and if provoked enough I can be very mean...but I don't troll anymore. If I did I wouldn't have admitted being a troll in the past.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Bible Belt...I like Des...although I'm very disappointed that he locked that thread. I think the subject just hit a little close for home to him, and instead of reading what I was posting about my son's situation, I think the subject took him to an unpleasant place in his memories. You'll have that sometime. Yeah, my son's situation is not ideal, but he's chosen to try to make the most of it, even though he was given an out. It's what he really wants to do and I'm standing behind him and offering him all the support and help I can. This is the hand we were dealt with and we have made our choices on how to play that hand. We've discussed all the possible outcomes, including the negative ones. Ultimately, it is his choice. It's his life and his baby. He is an adult now and I have no right to force my views down his throat. It's time for him to become a man in the way he sees fit and it's my job to support him, and that's what I'm going to do.

I don't want people fighting amongst themselves over what I post...I just want the personal attacks and insults to stop because it just invites more of the same behavior.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the subject just hit a little close for home to him, and instead of reading what I was posting about my son's situation, I think the subject took him to an unpleasant place in his memories.
Wyld, I didn't close it because it hit close to home. If that were the case, I would be closing about every second thread here.

I closed it because you continued to direct insults toward wayward after I told you I was keeping an eye on him, and no, he's not innocent either. But I would expect more from a woman of your age than to engage in a childish name-calling war.

I just want the personal attacks and insults to stop because it just invites more of the same behavior.
That's exactly what I want, and that is why I closed your thread.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Wyld, I didn't close it because it hit close to home. If that were the case, I would be closing about every second thread here.

I closed it because you continued to direct insults toward wayward after I told you I was keeping an eye on him, and no, he's not innocent either. But I would expect more from a woman of your age than to engage in a childish name-calling war.

That's exactly what I want, and that is why I closed your thread.
Des, you misunderstood...I know you didn't lock the thread because it hit close to home. I meant that you responded to the topic with your own comments because it hit close to home.

The thread locking is a separate issue. You left a very insulting post on the thread that should have been deleted. That's why I bit back. You have to understand that I am in a very unique position on this forum. I am one of only a very few women and have the strongest personality out of all the women who post here. I am intelligent, write well, am not afraid to challenge something I don't agree with. I have been here a very long time and there is always a few guys who feel compelled to make these kinds of personal attacks against me. If I sit back and ignore them it doesn't make the attacks and insults go away or happen less often. The opposite is true with me because of my unique circumstances. If the moderators allow it and I don't stand up firmly and show that I won't put up with it then a bunch of guys who are too afraid to join in when I am snarky will jump in and derail every single thread I post on.

The mods are treating me differently than they do everyone else. If wayword or anyone else were pulling the same crap on A-Unit or you or anyone else who has contributed as much as I have to this site he would have been banned almost immediately. The mods don't apply the same rules to me because I am a woman and I really think that much of the time you (as a group) are concerned that if you try to do more to stop the behavior of those who attack and insult me that it might look like you are trying to "protect" me. That leaves me in the position where I either have to watch every thread I post in go to hell in a handbasket or give the flamebaiter worse than what they gave me to scare the more timid would be flamers enough so they don't join in.

It's a complete and total pain in the arse. I don't like having to do it and I certainly don't want to have to stoop to that level...but honestly...most of the time the moderators give me no other choice. I know what it will turn into if no one steps in to put an end to it...and it will be a heck of a lot worse than one or two flamebaiters...it'll be about a dozen of them or more.

I'd like to see the thread re-opened. I know that the person who was being a problem was spoken to and I even made the effort to give him a chance to start fresh in discussing things with me. You can unlock the thread and it will be fine. I think it's a very important subject and certainly one that didn't need to be locked.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The mods are treating me differently than they do everyone else.
The mods don't apply the same rules to me because I am a woman and I really think that much of the time you (as a group) are concerned that if you try to do more to stop the behavior of those who attack and insult me that it might look like you are trying to "protect" me.
I'd really like to know why you've jumped to this conclusion.

Personally, when a dispute erupts on here, I have to turn off any bias I may have for another user, and work at fixing the issue. I've known you for almost six years, I haven't known Wayward for very long. I deleted one of wayward's posts because he flamed you, and I closed the thread because you continued to flame him back. Please let me know when I get to the part of treating you differently because you're a woman.

You and Wayward are members of this board regardless of whether either of you have a penis or a vagina. I could care less.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
godsgifttowomen said:
Hey you guys better not be messin' w/ my girl.

GGTW
well as long as you leave your greasy hands off my gal, vulpine i am cool with you. vulpine is a woman...right?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I'd really like to know why you've jumped to this conclusion.

Personally, when a dispute erupts on here, I have to turn off any bias I may have for another user, and work at fixing the issue. I've known you for almost six years, I haven't known Wayward for very long. I deleted one of wayward's posts because he flamed you, and I closed the thread because you continued to flame him back. Please let me know when I get to the part of treating you differently because you're a woman.

You and Wayward are members of this board regardless of whether either of you have a penis or a vagina. I could care less.
Des, come on...when I said "you" I made a point to make it clear that I meant moderators as a group. I also haven't posted for most of the time you've been a mod...and trust me...what you witnessed on that thread is nothing compared to what it's been in the past.

What typically happens is that I will start a thread and it will be going along fine...until someone decides to come in and just throw out an uninvited personal attack on me, usually entirely unrelated to the topic being discussed. In the past I was told to report those posts and not respond. I tried that and the posts never got deleted (unless diablo happened to be around). When I didn't respond and the posts didn't get deleted there would be 5 or 6 more flamers joining in and they would completely destroy the thread. Eventually, when the moderators didn't deal with it I would have enough of the disruption and shut most of the flamers up. Then along a mod would come and lock the thread. Sometimes I didn't even have to respond and they would lock it because people were flaming me, even if I didn't say a damn thing back. These flamers want nothing more than to silence me from posting. Because it has been allowed for so long anytime I start a thread they get the damn thing locked by flaming me, whether I respond or not. That is why I am disappointed that you locked the thread. The only moderator that has consistently deleted the flames that I am aware of has been diablo. Others just lock my threads and that just rewards the people who disrupted it in the first place by giving them what they want. Again...I KNOW that you haven't witnessed most of what I am describing because I have spent most of the past year or so NOT posting because of the thread locking and deleting and the way the flamers keep getting rewarded. That's why after awhile I will bite back at the flamers. I'd prefer not to...but if they are going to get their way by behaving badly and my threads are going to be locked what motivation is there for me to even try to be nice to them?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
well as long as you leave your greasy hands off my gal, vulpine i am cool with you. vulpine is a woman...right?
No, I don't believe he is...

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire,

Do you want to know why people attack you so much? From what I observe, it is for two reasons.

1. You spill out your life story with excessive details.

This has two effects:

First - Do you think people who come to a men’s self-improvement/dating forum want to hear about how a single mother raised a son? Or how your husband was in jail? You make some good posts, but often it is littered with your whole life story. Most of the time it has little relevance to the thread. Even if it did, you do not need to post in such detail. Look, you even provided me with an example in this thread!

I've never trolled here. The only place I ever trolled was Yahoo Message Boards...and only because my best friend was a rather prolific Yahoo troll. He tore up the Dating and Romance message boards there...and is legend. He was a phenomenal writer who would post extremely politically incorrect and borderline offensive things to set a trap for hyper emotional people to react and then he'd slowly lure them into a debate and then rip them to shreds. He was the most intelligent person I have ever known. The only time I ever really enjoyed trolling was with him and it was never something I did on my own. He has since passed away, so rest assured...there is no risk of me trolling here or anywhere else. I do love to debate, though...and if provoked enough I can be very mean...but I don't troll anymore. If I did I wouldn't have admitted being a troll in the past.
Really, did you have to post all of that? In such detail?

To tell you the truth, I feel you offer great advice most of the time. It’s when you go on and on about your son or your husband that gets annoying.

Second – Posting personal information makes it easy for people to attack you. There is a reason why people like Pook don’t post their personal information. Imagined if he did. It would lower the quality of his posts and make it easy for people to attack him. You might want to be completely honest and open, but understand the position you put yourself in when you post personal information. Especially when you post information that can make you emotional.

Now for the second reason.

2. Your comments can be incredibly arrogant.

Look at what you wrote in this thread.

The thread locking is a separate issue. You left a very insulting post on the thread that should have been deleted. That's why I bit back. You have to understand that I am in a very unique position on this forum. I am one of only a very few women and have the strongest personality out of all the women who post here. I am intelligent, write well, am not afraid to challenge something I don't agree with. I have been here a very long time and there is always a few guys who feel compelled to make these kinds of personal attacks against me. If I sit back and ignore them it doesn't make the attacks and insults go away or happen less often. The opposite is true with me because of my unique circumstances. If the moderators allow it and I don't stand up firmly and show that I won't put up with it then a bunch of guys who are too afraid to join in when I am snarky will jump in and derail every single thread I post on.
Pay attention to the bold part.

What was the point of saying that? Did you even stop to think how the other women would respond to that statement? Do you think by saying that people will all of a sudden start listening to you? Do you really achieve much by saying that? To tell you the truth, all I see you achieving is getting more people mad at you (the women in particular). What is the point of self-proclaiming your intelligence or personality?

Now take a look at what you said here.

What typically happens is that I will start a thread and it will be going along fine...until someone decides to come in and just throw out an uninvited personal attack on me, usually entirely unrelated to the topic being discussed.
A lot of your attacks are invited. Maybe you don’t see the connection. If a woman who post on this forum decides to attack you later, you may think it’s a random out of the blue thing, but it’s really because of what you said previously in this post. You see, even though you have not made the conscious decision to troll, your arrogance in a way creates the effect of trolling. Then remember you also spill out your life story which makes your attacks even more invited. To add to that, because of your unpopular status, you tend to hijack almost every thread you post in because people attack you so much. This only makes it worse as you already know.

Last but not least, it really isn’t a great idea to rely on the moderators to fix everything. They are not on this site 24/7. They are people too and can have a particular bias. Instead, learn how to protect yourself instead of relying on the moderators.