Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Effective Clubbing, Part II: Wingmen and Squadrons

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again, you and one or more of your bros are ready to take flight to your city's nightlife like a covey of F-18's ready to kick some ass. You put on your clubbing get-ups with your freshly cut hair and get into your freshly washed cars and off you go to have a great time and possibly get some female action in the process. But then a thought occurs to you. How can you be sure the squadron going to stay in formation? Who is going to ensure that you and your wingmen keep the desired outcome in mind and stay focused on the objective so that mission can be a success? Hmmm...I foresee a problem, er opportunity.

First off all, you must acknowledge that you are the Don Juan in the group, and as such you need to be the leader. But you can't push your wingmen, people don't respond well to attempts to force them into specific roles. Leaders don't push, they only pull. What you need to do to make your squadron successful is to bring together a good combination of wingmen and create a opportunities for the group through situations. Since countless posts have been written here and on other boards and newsgroups about two-man operations and their traditional tactics such as using the wing to run interference and fend off intrusions from the HB's UG friends, AFC's and OMOG's, I am going to focus more on larger squadrons.

Personally, I like squadrons of three or four. Two can be good but is really bad if my wingie chumps out on me, because of the bad effect on my energy and guilt for having to abandon him because of it. Five to nine is rough because the odds are that at least one or two other guys in the group are behaving in such a way that they become a liability. They either scare off chicks, get horribly drunk, start a disturbance that could lead to a fight or a multiplicity of other annoyances. A very large group (deep squad) of ten or more can be lots of fun and I normally only do it for special occasions such things behind rather hard to organize. Though a lot of the same problems exist as with the group I mentioned before, it attracts a lot of attention and usually makes whatever happens a little bit more interesting. Also, if one of the guys has a girlfriend that can round up some of her friends to come. A large group of women around you and the guys makes other women in the club much more curious about you. Of course, I have always been against bringing my own girlfriend (when I have had one) to a dance club but other guys don't feel the same way and we can let those guys play this role for us.

Let's take a look at an example composition of a three-man squadron...

The Post

The post is laid back dude. He can talk to chicks pretty easily but tends not to go too far out of his way. He can have a perfectly good time staying in one place for most of the night and makes good convo with whoever else happens to be around him, friends, chicks, whoever. Maybe he has a girlfriend and doesn't feel a great sense of urgency to pick girls up out of the clubs or maybe the club scene is not his preferred way of meeting women. In any case he has a good time.

If you bring girls, this is the guy that can entertain them while you and the other wingie(s) are picking up other chicks in place. The Post's lack of mobility and skill as a conversationalist provides you with a location to which you can return to which allows you to have a base camp for your operation and bask in the social proof of the surrounding chicks. If you have a large group of chicks or meet women while at the clubs that happen to be in large groups, you may need two Posts. Good Posts are often proactive in merging groups when opportunities arrive.

My friend Dave is a great post. He knows a lot of people as well and frequently runs into them while we are out in the club, thereby attracting more attention to our group.

The Ass Slapper

This is the guy with whom you can approach women and do the traditional wingman techniques, but there is another use for him. I call him the ass slapper because he behaves somewhat outrageous while not completely over the top. More of a jerk than a Don Juan, but not a full-blown superjerk. He relentlessly verbally spanks the chicks like the brats they are. His mildly crazy behavior is great for attracting attention, but his ****y and funny Don Juan buddy (you) seems like less of a jerk by comparison and acts more mysterious. This arouses curiosity about you in the women you meet while with him. Of course if you see fit, you can turn him loose for an undefined period of time and he has no problem entertaining himself.

My ass slapper friends Josh and Matt are great to go on an all-out dance floor ambush with.

You

The prize. All the others are just there to make you look good, it's your club, everyone else is just there for your own enjoyment of the game.

You don't have to organize your squadron in the same way, I frequently change up mine. By thinking of people who are good fits for specific roles, you are being the one that ensures success in the clubs and that a good time will be had by all, especially the chicks when you get them home
!

Effective Clubbing, more installments to come.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 04-06-2002).]

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is so true you can also use this method in the clubs as well in life. Nick my man it seems that you have been reading your 48 laws anyway great post.

------------------
The more girls you ask out the more chances of you getting a yes.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aw man, this stuff. New found vigor:)

So many things that are missing from todays DJ lessons and tips. Everything seems so AFC in retrospect

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really don't need any friends at a club to be successful. It's pretty much up to you how many broads you're gonna pick-up. Other than shooting the sh*t with your buddies to kill time, there's really no need for your pals. Don't depend on anyone and don't expect anything of your friends. It's your show.