eBay and online purchaces

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
The holidays are comming up and i'm thinking about purchacing jewlery online. Has anyone bought any type of jewlery through eBay? If so, how was the quality? It seems many stores are putting their merchandise up for auction, and they have some nice looking things.

If you're not an eBay fan, but have bought jewlery online, where did you do so? How was your satisfaction?

Thanks

-FD

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing against eBay, but if you want anything other than costume jewelry it would be best to go to a reputable jewelry store.

JaguarMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been using ebay for two months now (itsmg2005) and must say you need to look at feedback over everything. See what problems people have faced, and see how big of auctions the seller has done. If the seller has sold 50 pieces of the jewelry with mostly good (by mostly I mean above 95%) feedback, then chances are very high that you will not be a sad camper when you receive your package.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys forget that it will be a hassle to get warranty work done when you buy jewelry online. You may not even get a warranty.

You may not think that you need it but jewelry is gets handled roughly by regular use and settings get loose, chains either bend or break among other things. So think about how you'd look giving someone a gift that could fall apart and you can't do anything about it.

Pinching pennies can only get you so far.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ebay is as reputable as the individual seller. definately go with a seller with a lot of feedback, and i'd say atleast 98-99% positive feedback.

ebay is where it is at. i hardly shop anywhere else now. it is my secret.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iqqi
ebay is where it is at. i hardly shop anywhere else now. it is my secret.
Not much of a secret with nearly 90% name recognition in the US... :p

If you're going to get a high-ticket item on eBay, use a credit card - NOT paypal. If you have a problem with the seller you can always file a chargeback with your credit card and get your money back. If you use PayPal you don't have that guarantee. Of course, never use anywhere that you have no recourse - like BidPay, etc.