"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

E-mail invitation + a shy girl - what do you think?

Attractor

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Bulgaria
Hi guys,

Here is the situation: This girl is a colleague in my office and is in my department, but she is kind of very closed - doesn't speak with almost anyone at the office, goes to lunch alone, etc. She is still new - she joined the company about 4 monts ago, but is going to leave it now for some reason (don't know exactly why). During these 4 monts I was the first to get acquainted with her in our team, so she was saying "Hi" to me when we were meeting somewhere in the office building, but it seemed, that she didn't talk talk to many other people at the office. So she seems either shy or I don't know what...I have talked to her several times (shortly) regarding our work and looked at her body language - she made her hair, when I talked to her, but didn't maintain eye contact for too long (probably shy?). From my point of view she is kinda stressed with the work in the office and probably that's why she wants to leave the work. Now it is her last week at the office and I have the idea to ask her out.

My idea is to send a fake mail to my and her work e-mails from a fake e-mail address, which to be the e-mail of a local theatre and write in the mail a shyt like this:

"Hi theatre friends,

As usual, our theatre is full of surprises. The end of the summer has come, but we keep our promise to keep your summer mood high with our October program. It's a big pleasure for us to announce the winners of this week's lottery. Ladies and gentlemen, the lucky ones, who will receive free tickets for the theatre play "xyz" are:

1.My name
2.Her name

Congratulations! Winners, please come at the "Blah-blah" teather on Wednesday at 19 o'clock for the play and make sure to bring your IDs with you.

Regards,
The "Blah-blah" theatre"

What do you, guys, think of this kind of shyt? I know you will say that directly asking her out is better (shows confidence), but she is shy and I don't think that she would like to receive the offer in front of her colleagues in her room.
Any other ideas are also welcome:)

Thanks for your answers and let's see if she is really a virgin.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
That is so cheesy, dont' do it.

So she's shy, that just means she is not going to show an ******d interest in you, she's not going to let anyone know she wants a boyfriend. That doesn't mean she's not secretly hoping you (or any guy for that matter) will approach her.

If you dont' want to embarress her, just take your lunch break during the same hour she goes to hers. Walk out of the office at the same time and once you're in the hall, casually say something like "mind if I join you for lunch?" or if she buys lunch somewhere say something like "I'm heading to Quiznos, would you care to join me?".
 

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Please don't send that e-mail. You'll come off as creepy to her.

Its her last week - go up to her and say something like, "hey... I heard its your last week... lets go grab a coffee on break (or at lunch)..." then number close and give her a ring when she is completely away from work.

Apparently, from what you are saying, something at work is bothering her - ask her out when she is away from work so she'll be in a better state of mind. Otherwise she may just associate you with her stress at work by default.

Timing is important here too... sounds like she is messed up right now? Maybe she is wacked eh? How does someone who is all stressed out appeal to you?
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Yeah, and since you both work at the same place, try to relate to the probs she's having at work. If she can't stand the lady in the desk next to hers, say something like "o man, I know mean. She's a total jerk isn't she. I was walking by her the other day and...' you know, you get the idea. That way you're put yourself in a seperate catagory. Otherwise you might just be classified as another "one of the jerks at work", the reason she's leaving in the first place.

And don't come on to strong like 'so tell me why you're leaving'. It's probably more complicated than you would think or she just might not want to talk about it right away. Just hint at it and see how she responds.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Just get her number. Stop screwing around. If it's come to this, it's because you've been farting around too long already.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Attractor

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Bulgaria
Thanks to all you, guys, I also already think, that this is a stupid idea and am going to ask her out the standard way.
 
Top