Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

E-commerce, flipping websites, forums, and digital marketing

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been in digital marketing for about 7 months now and I run the sales department. Learning slowly about paid search (those sponsored ads on top of google search engine), display banners (those banner ads on the side of web pages you visit), and affiliate marketing (commission based sales through banner ads on websites). My company does all this and more for very large companies.

I've always been a hustler and had to hustle my way into everything and I won't be happy, until.......probably never. So i'll probably be hustling for life and i'm okay with that. I spent a huge chunk of money trying to launch my last startup so now im starting over again to make money.

I went to a conference recently where a former marketing director at a company has quit his job over a year ago and retired. He's 27 now and retired at 26. I'm 28 and still busting a$$.

This guy started off as employee number 2 at some small startup and did most of their marketing. They got bought out and he made some money there. He jumped over to another small start-up advertising technology company and became a director at 2 years. Learned the ins and outs of marketing quickly and on the side flipped websites. He used his knowledge of digital marketing and optimized websites, re-wrote the copy for the digital ads, moved things around on the website to make it easier for people to click, changed some banner ads to affiliate banner ads and made more money. In the end he flipped a bunch of websites in a years time by optimizing the sites, driving higher traffic, and generating more revenue to make a 7 figure income.

Well, i figured if he can do it, I can too at some point once i acquire the knowledge. I've been studying my a$$ off at work, taking google advertising exams, and have taken the first step in getting familiar with digital advertising (outside of just explaining our services and selling them to prospects, im getting nitty gritty and actually executing baby campaigns) by building my own ecommerce website. I've researched all the basics, bought my domain, hosting server, and all the other stuff needed to run an web based business. I've also partnered with a friend of mine who happens to be selling vapes.

My friend has been selling vapes in person for the last few months buying from manufacturers in china and selling to stores in person. I told him, i'd build him a site, drive traffic to it, make it compatible for web orders, and we split it 50/50. He agreed. I've been working on this website for 1 month and put in probably 40 hours and am about 70% done.

There have been some points where I thought i wouldn't make it but i've crossed those hurdles and am close to home stretch. Hopefully I will be done the site in 3 more weeks.

Only major issue at the moment with selling vapes is that google doesn't allow paid advertising of tobacco related products so my SEO has to be really good and i need to find other ways to drive traffic to my site. After the launch of this web business, i'll be creating a forum that will host ads that will generate revenue but I need to get this down first.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck bruh. I've read some of your posts before and I definitely SALUTE your hustler ambition.....

Please do keep us updated.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tbh, it is slow and difficult in the beginning. Assuming that all my handwork pays off once the site is up, it should be well worth it. I spent under $500 to have my site up and running with domain, hosting, and ssl payment processor for 3 years.

And I happen to be lucky enough to have a friend who already has connections to order the products wholesale in bulk so that I don't need to do that. He's already sent me $100 worth of products. I own everything associated with the site so i shouldn't have any issue there.

Have't made much progress with the website as i normally do about 1 hours worth of work a night and 10 hours on the weekend.

all categories including home tab are up and working. Sub categories for products are all working but missing images. all product links within sub categories are working with images. I'm about halfway done with the descriptions but fake pricing has been added.

about us is complete. banner ads that have links or buttons are working. I just need relevant background smoking pictures and to finish the descriptions and making each and every page on the website searchable which will come after the product descriptions.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Making slower progress than anticipated as my partner/friend has been busy and not sending stuff I need.

All the products are up on the site along with draft descriptions. I wanted him to run through these as I'm not well versed in vape lingo yet, but seems like I should attempt to make it better myself first since he's slow to act lately.

Terms and conditions are done, privacy policy is done, shipping policy is done. After the descriptions are optimized and i walkthrough the site and confirm it's ready to go live, i'll update all the meta tags, meta descriptions, and meta keywords so the site becomes searchable on search engines.

I have product pictures available but I'm waiting for product relevant banners and small images that will show when you hover over a product category. I have some friends that will buy through the site so i'll use them as guinea pigs.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, mobile and tablet friendly.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who did you end up going with for a domain provider and web host? This service can be cheap depending where you go, or a lot of money. There are several good web hosts:

-Webgator
-Dreamhost
-A Small Orange

I managed to get a deal with Dreamhost which you can not beat : free domain, one year web hosting, unlimited web mails with unlimited space - 37 dollars for the first year. Obviously renewal will be closer to 100 thereafter. 90 Day money back guarantee, best of the lot.

How are you designing the site? You just using html/css/javascript? Or a template? templates are okay to something quick since html/css is rather slow for non-designers. However, you will need a good grasp of JS, or a framework ( I like Angular) to do a proper front end - form validation, models, data, AJAX requests etc. jQuery is also neat for cool DOM effects too, but you don't really "need" that.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am by no means an expert, but probably can give a few pointers.

Good luck!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Bluehost. I believe I paid for about $120 for 3 years for free domain, 3 year web hosting, unlimited emails with unlimited space. SSL has been setup as well.

I'm using a template to design the site. Work has gotten extremely hectic and painful and during my down time my partner didn't send me anything. He just so happened to send me all new products and images that he wants me to swap out as he can get better bulk pricing on those. I'll also need to research these products and create descriptions on all of them again.

This will take a couple of days of time, assuming I have that time.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I been looking into flipping websites..........

I feel like there is more people trying to flip houses instead of websites. There is a lot of money out there doing this.

Amilz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just talking to a guy that does this. He started off with an SEO startup. He builds an online company and then sells it.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amilz said:
I was just talking to a guy that does this. He started off with an SEO startup. He builds an online company and then sells it.
This is genius

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work with a guy that does that. guy paid me 6 grand to fix a site for him so he could sell it. but it was a video streaming site though

but you actually have to know how to market stuff and how to run a business to build a profitable business lol that's the key.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually don't like to talk about my ideas and stuff but i'm 100% sure no one here can program this or afford to program this lol so I don't care.

I'm building a virtual haunted house in flash / Flex / JavaScript and PHP. It won't be ready for this halloween it's going to take 4-5 months to do it just like i want.

It's going to be like an old school haunted house ride at the fair where you get into the little ride thingy lol and you go through the hunted house and it's going to scare the ever living **** out of you lol. I'm doing the custom music myself, my graphic guy is doing the layout of the house and I'm programming the flash elements to the site.

Going to charge people .99 cents to take the ride. This is really just something i want to do more than a money making thing but if it works I could see it REALLY working. That's why i'm taking my time and making it like a good 4-5 minute ride and making it scary as ****. Itll be worth a dollar to blow

this is pushing my flash programming ability but i'm pretty sure i can do it

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^
Sounds good, once I am done with advertising on my website. I have always had in the back of my mind of having an "arcade" section on my site. With little flash games to keep people on my site.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I work with a guy that does that. guy paid me 6 grand to fix a site for him so he could sell it. but it was a video streaming site though

but you actually have to know how to market stuff and how to run a business to build a profitable business lol that's the key.
That's actually the main difference. The guy who flipped these websites was a digital marketing director who know PPC, Display, SEO, and CRO. Young intelligent marketing guru who managed to take decent sites and optimize and increase traffic.

Generally a website sells for about 12x monthly revenue and he would buy websites that generate from 2k - 5k in revenue. double that revenue or more in less than 6 months. and now that website that he bought for 24k, is being sold for 50k. He takes out a loan to buy the website and is approved because of his background in digital marketing, his back account, etc. and he pays off the loan instantly, while still receiving monthly recurring revenue from his other sites he's working on.

I'm not a marketing director, i'm a sales director for a digital marketing agency. I understand the concepts but applying them is a whole new ball game. I thought i'd start small but this small project is very time consuming and a huge learning curve.

Will keep you posted, but basically all the products I uploaded with descriptions that took hours need to be all changed. I was pretty pissed that my partner was unresponsive/busy for 3 weeks when i had down time, and now that i'm busy, he tells me i need to do all this......