Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DRUGS

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After lots of attempts and always reverting to my old ways ... I've finally done a healthy stretch and am starting to get my personality back, and it feels good. Also lots of emotions are coming back and that I'm ready to deal with head on, the drugs that I'm talking about is cannabis (heavy user) I've been in a dark place lately after being made redundant and finally looking and willing to turn my life around. I have a job interview tomorrow only a warehouse job but still it's a start (requires drug test) .. And I have also read the DJ Bible before but I was high, so I'm reading through it again sober .. Hopefully will sink in this time around.

I know these are only baby steps in some people's eyes but it's a big deal for me.

If I manage to land the job then it means that I can soon start looking for a new gaff and start pursuing women again, and get myself back I n the gym

Cannabis practically destroyed my life .. I mean I loved the stuff but the negatives outweighed the positives massively .. I'm now about 10-12 weeks clean and just about sleeping and dreaming normally again .. And my personalities creeping back but also all my insecurities.. I am however will too tackle all these head on this time around .. I'm determined.

I'd just thought I'd share my experience with you all as I'm sure there's people here who have had similar experiences. Wish me luck ;)

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im a casual cannabis user myself and find the drug to have swings and roundabouts

I.E great for relaxing / chilling out after a hard day / week at work

very problematic when it comes to concentrating and finding motivation to complete a new task

im yet to really come across the depersonalization thing yet , but a friend of mine is a VERY heavy user ( daily ) and I am noticing he can barely hold a conversation for more than 10 seconds

you say it practically destroyed your life ? can you explain more on this ?

im contemplating quitting it all together

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im a casual cannabis user myself and find the drug to have swings and roundabouts

I.E great for relaxing / chilling out after a hard day / week at work

very problematic when it comes to concentrating and finding motivation to complete a new task

im yet to really come across the depersonalization thing yet , but a friend of mine is a VERY heavy user ( daily ) and I am noticing he can barely hold a conversation for more than 10 seconds

you say it practically destroyed your life ? can you explain more on this ?

im contemplating quitting it all together
Hey! Yeah sure, basically it was the same for me I used for night time chill aid .. But i also never did anything and it blocked out emotions, it definitely gave me social anxiety which is slowly wearing off now .. In theory it kind of made me dumb like I couldn't think fast enough .. And I have noticed a huge difference since coming off it .. Yeah I miss it, but don't want to be like that anymore. I struggled to make eye contact with women but since coming off that's also changing ... I mean I classed myself as a heavy user think I smoked 1-1.5 ounces per month! I have also took this opportunity to quit smoking ( only use ecig now).

when I first come off I really couldn't sleep at all for days .. But now don't struggle at all, back to normal. I just hope I can keep it up. In my experience cannabis amplifies emotions and because I have no job/money and a life outside my bedroom ... It made me feel a 1000 times worse so that was the trigger to quit for me.

I'm now applying for jobs .. And working on my A game and frame. I've even deactivated my FB account due to never being off it ... And working my way through the book of ' BOOK OF POOK'

CHANGE WILL HAPPEN

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm done with the stuff personally. I was a heavy user in my early 20''s and cut back to once a month after after college when I started working. In fact I have an ounce in a drawer right now that I haven't even looked at in months.

To me weed is a procrastination enhancer. Whenever I used it I just wouldnt get anything done. I naturally have a short attention span and using didn't help either.

So it's not for me even at a recreational level. Cheers to you for giving it up. Work hard, hit the gym and save your money. Good Luck.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without weed, I want to kill everyone all the time. I can't go anywhere without getting into a confrontation. I'm a raging lunatic and scare the hell out of people, and then I always hate that about myself afterward.

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was very angry while coming off it .. Like having a short fuse with everyone, which isn't and didn't come across very nice but now that it's been a good few weeks .. It feels like everything (emotions) is all balancing out in the normal way and I feel good man. That is part of the witdrawels or comedown so to speak. Apart from the other things above that are bothering me .. I like myself more being drug free .. The last 20 years have been a blur due to that stuff and me abusing it.

I do however recommend it for medicinal use (cancer) etc..

Honestly since I've stopped my mind feels quicker, more alert, social anxiety is subsiding and lots of other benefits .. In fact I'm looking forward to see what effect this had on my life in the future as I'm never going back to smoking that stuff again. IM LITERALLY DONE.

i just hope whatever social damage it had done to me (shy,talking,eye contact etc..) can be rectified.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a light but regular user for years. It certainly did alter my personality, in some ways for the worse, but I think it depends on the individual.

A short temper is definitely a symptom of withdrawal; I noticed the last time I smoked randomly a few months ago.

I don't think I really quit as such, but just naturally stopped over the course of a year or two. I also feel much better for it. I think there comes a point where you just start to realise what you're missing out on and how it limits experience - for me it was staying in all weekend, getting high; it's pretty antisocial even if you're around other stoners.

I will still do it randomly, just not every day like I used to. I think a person is either a life long stoner, or others naturally grow out of it.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
long time user 35+ years daily
I can take it or leave it, able to go days/weeks without, no anxiety/stress

overall I think it comes down to your base personality and what kind of person you are intrinsically
it works for some, not all.. I dont drink much alcohol
to each their own!

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

overall I think it comes down to your base personality and what kind of person you are intrinsically
to each their own!
I agree mate .. I have mates that are the same, but for me it really does change me. But definetly each to their own.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to affect people differently. A lot of the people I know who smoke it have minds that race, mentally, they "spin". For those folks, it calms them down and in some cases they almost seem to function better.

-Augustus-

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you. Keep moving forward. You are more yourself (more cool, more likable, more ambitious, more focused) without it.

Glad you are recognizing and welcoming back the real you. Embrace the journey & enjoy your sleep, your gym time & your ability to work.

The chick thing will come. Kudos to you on getting clean & staying clean. Good luck on the interview. Want every success, big and small, for you.

Cheers

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments .. On route to the interview now so will let you know if I get it or not.

Aesthetix

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I've been smoking for over 20 years no issues. Just have to clean up every couple weeks, take a couple weeks off.

I don't get addicts sometimes. Discover something new and just dog it out until you end up in the hospital. Wtf learn too pace yourselves guys, life is long and needs to last. Anything in moderation and reason is doable.

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got the job .. On the condition the drugs test comes back clean and criminal background check ;)

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

to each their own!
This is what I was getting ready to say. I use and stop and come back heavy when I please. For me it doesn't alter anything, for my buddy it makes him more creative.

Like @MrWood said, it boils down to who you are intrinsically. I view myself as a strong minded person and find it hard to believe cannabis can have any lasting effect on my personality. The same with alcohol. I also never experienced any of the withdrawal symptoms mentioned in this thread.

However I am glad to here getting off it has improved your life. Everyone is different, keep chugging along OP. Great work on getting the job.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drugs affect everyone differently. I've been smoking weed on and off since I was 14. Every time I quit, I always end up going back to it. I recently quit from Oct 2015 - March 2016. I missed it when I didn't have my kid and I was just staying in for the night. I always think that I'm going to think clearer when I quit, but I really can never tell a difference.

I used to smoke all day long, but now I don't smoke very heavy anymore. When I do smoke, its when I am in for the night and I'm just kicking back watching tv. I actually hate being high earlier in the day because I get all burned out feeling later on. I also don't like to smoke when I'm going to be in a social environment, because it makes me anti social.

I'm glad to hear quitting has had a positive outcome for you. Like I said, it effects everyone differently.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember when I used to literally smoke all day. You get more used to feeling high than normal. It was ok when I was a kid without a job and nothing mattered. And I remember feeling weird when I stopped for a while.

These are things you have to learn to manage in life. Even coffee if I drink it every day gives me headaches on weekends when I don't really drink it. Did I quit drinking coffee completely? No, I just skip a couple days when I can. And I drink it when I'm really feeling tired and I don't get headaches anymore.