Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dropping out of highschool

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately I've been debating over whether I should drop out of highschool and pursue my own ways of making money, besides the generic job. I'm currently nearing the end of my sophomore year, and am completely fed up with the school system here in the state of Georgia. It is a complete waste of time, and I'm learning nothing because of my terrible teachers and just the school system in general. My grades have plummeted because of my lack of caring, and I just feel like leaving the bland life of a public school student.

Instead of being bored for the next 2 years, what if I dropped out? Instead, using this time to learn, on my own time, about business, economics, marketing, and everthing that has to do with money, as well as my own interests. Call it unrealistic and far-fetched, but it's something that has caught my curiosity. I'd be learning what I want, learning about how money works, and actually learning from successful people, without any distractions. As well as work out. I could live off of my parents until I'm 18, and then be out. By then I should've learned and saved enough to get out into the real world, even more so because I won't have to deal with the pressure of a social life (although I'll still have a one, just not a big one).

I don't want to get a job, and so I'm liking this idea. I could bypass college and get into the real world right at 18.

Your thoughts?

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay in school. I have a business degree from what is the second best program in Canada. I've always been one of the top students up until university. AND my life still sucks, and I'm struggling to get a decent job I want.

Now, if I have gone through university and all of the BS from educators, and still struggle, what kinda prospects would I have where I didn't have a degree.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The only guaranteed way of being better off than your parents financially is through education. Finish high school and then go on to college. Otherwise, you will have to rely on LUCK rather than yourself. Relying on luck is foolish.

Robert Jones

Reaction score
If school is really that boring sign up to taked the G.E.D Test and class (while still being in school and then once you pass that instead of dropping out go to college.
If you are failing at boring old High School because you are too smart then it shouldnt take you too long to pass that test but if it is really because of a lack of desire to acheive then dropping out and doing what you say you want to do isnt going to be reality for you because those suubjects can be boring as well.

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's great and all, but the point is that I don't want a job.

I want to use my own knowledge to make money, such as maybe advertising for a company online to build up a bit of money, and then invest, buy, and then sell property, or the like. I don't want a piece of paper determining what I can and can't do.

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert Jones said:
If school is really that boring sign up to taked the G.E.D Test and class (while still being in school and then once you pass that instead of dropping out go to college.
If you are failing at boring old High School because you are too smart then it shouldnt take you too long to pass that test but if it is really because of a lack of desire to acheive then dropping out and doing what you say you want to do isnt going to be reality for you because those suubjects can be boring as well.

They can be, but it's the fact that they will help me in my goal of making money that will motivate me. Something that SINE, CoSINE, mols, and the subject of 'innocence' won't ever do...

Reaction score
look all the rappers that dropped out and now they are millionaires

like puffy, 2pac, etc

if they could do it then you can too

Monaco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Leaving school will be the worst mistake you'll ever make. You may think you're smart enough to cut it with your brilliant ideas, but chances are very high that the business world will crush you.

You may think you are smart or that you have the capacity to learn very quickly, but intelligence is about a lot more then ambition. Its also about being able to step back and put your future into perspective. Therefore, your plans are brutally short-sighted. What will you do in 20 years? 30? Think about it.

ExploringOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
DogFashionDisco said:
They can be, but it's the fact that they will help me in my goal of making money that will motivate me. Something that SINE, CoSINE, mols, and the subject of 'innocence' won't ever do...
You've got alot to learn kid.

At the very least get a GED.

You will get bored with learning on your own fast. You will need a job because your parents will be pissed and should kick you out. Without a highschool degree, the best you can hope for, is some form of manual labor.

If you think you're a genius, take an IQ test, take the SATs, the ACTs, and go straight to college. Brown has some interesting programs with alot of freedom to explore.

For your own good, i hope your parents beat some sense into you, or atleast kick you out on the street for a few weeks.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude.

im not in the "real real world" yet... but from the details you gave us, all i can say is... you're either lazy or you haven't done any research... you just want the easy way out.

right now i'm 17, not in normal high school, taking 2 a week classes at my school for my GED, and i'm working two jobs (kinda two... the other one doesn't give me hours EVER).

i'm at LEAST planning on getting my GED... then planning on taking my SATs and ACTs... and hopefully get into a state college... and if those SAT/ACTs don't work out... i'll be attending a community college *ASAP*.

people used to say i want the easy way out until i told them that i honestly KNOW exactly what i'm going to do and how i'm going to do it.

can you? do you KNOW exactly how you'll achieve it? do you KNOW exactly where you want to be in 3 years (the first year of college if you finished high school)? and do you KNOW what'll happen if your plan doesn't work out like you hoped?

//EDIT...
not to mention i HATED school... absolutley HATED it! i was smart... i had bad grades on homework from not doing it... i passed MOST of my tests... i switched schools hoping to get a new start... but i started doing the same thing after i got bored with my perfect grades... and started failing... the school kicked me out (private school).

nope... YOU're not unique at all... I'm not unique at all...

the only difference is... if you know what you want to do... if you know how to do it... you might actually have a chance.

i'm VERY sure that i'll be more successful than MOST of the high school kids who'll be going to get their diploma.

...EDIT///

-----

mexican_player2 said:

like puffy, 2pac, etc

i don't know if you're being sarcastic, funny, or serious...

but that was possibly the dumbest thing i've EVER heard.

what are the chances?

oh and don't say "if you can dream it, you can do it!"... even though people can encourage you to do your best... not EVERYONE will amount to EVERYTHING... SOME people can only go so far.

Last edited:

ExploringOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
i don't know if you're being sarcastic, funny, or serious...

but that was possibly the dumbest thing i've EVER heard.

what are the chances?

oh and don't say "if you can dream it, you can do it!"... even though people can encourage you to do your best... not EVERYONE will amount to EVERYTHING... SOME people can only go so far.
Shhhhh (keep that to yourself please).

Where am I supposed to hire cheap labor after the illegals are granted amnesty?

The world needs it's janitors...

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really believe the whole "in this day and age you HAVE to go to college etc"...I really honestly believe the best part of going to college is who you meet there. I've met people who have changed my life there. As for my major, so much of it is theoretical and so much of what I really want to do in life cannot be taught in school.

I'd say finish high school just to get past that, but if you honestly believe that your ideas are bigger than the universe and no matter what you will have what it takes to make them come to life, then college seems unnecessary. But make sure you're not just being a ***** and are going to sit home playing video games all day while working nights at Walmart

Hyde

Don Juan
Reaction score
DogFashionDisco said:
That's great and all, but the point is that I don't want a job.

I want to use my own knowledge to make money, such as maybe advertising for a company online to build up a bit of money, and then invest, buy, and then sell property, or the like. I don't want a piece of paper determining what I can and can't do.
Welcome to the real world, my man. If you plan on dropping out of high school, You better be prepared for the next step. The next step is the real world, my man. There's not a thing you can do to change that. It's the process of life.

Most of the fields that you're looking to get into require a college degree. College requires a high school degree. Would you listen to yourself, buddy? You're willing to give that all up, because you don't want to sit in a classroom and lisen to a teacher talk all day?

Take it from somebody who dropped out of high school. In 11th grade, I had the talk with my mother. No, not that talk. The "drop-out" talk. Figuring that my grades were so poor that I didn't have a chance to graduate, and because a few kids were making my high-school life miserable, I talked to her about dropping out. My mother smiled and said, "okay". Paused and said, "but you have to get a job". The following day, I dropped out and took a job at Hardee's. Life was even more miserable at Hardee's. Putting in eight hour shifts in a fast food resteraunt, opening and closing the store, and I'm not even 18?

I tried my hardest to find another job outside of fast food or janitorial, but no one would allow me to work at their place without atleast a high school degree. I talked to my mother again. This time about quitting my job. She smiled, paused, and said, "it's either school or a job". So, I began studying for my GED. This seemed to make my mother happy, but I wasn't happy. One, it still felt like school. Two, I had friends with GED's and none of them were doing anything with their lifes. They were happy being telemarketers and what-not, but I couldn't see myself in that line of work. No one takes a GED seriously. No one. A GED says, "I was too lazy to finish high school, but I needed a degree and this is how I got it".

The following year, I talked with my mother one more time. I said, "mom, I think I want a real degree". My mother smiled and called up the school councelor to arrange a meeting. Luckely, the teachers, principles and counselors liked me so they were willing to give me another chance. I graduated one year late, but I can honestly say that it was one of my best decisions in my life. Probably my mothers favorite parenting moment, too. Haha.

Seriously, if that story doesn't motivate you to stay in school, I can't say much more. But don't be lazy. That's all dropping out really is. Lazyness. You already said that you don't want a job. You don't want to stay in school and you don't want a job? Lazy. That won't get you anywhere. That'll get you a home in a cardboard box. Stay in school, go to college, and get a job in the area that you really love. Money.

like puffy, 2pac, etc

Look at all the unsuccessful rappers that dropped out and are now living on the streets or in prison, giving head for crack. I can promise you that the number of failed rappers out-weigh the number of successful rappers.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You can get into college with a GED. You just have to take ACTs and/or SATs and have scores good enough to be admitted. You won't get any scholarships or anything, unless it's like a community college that offers the GED test, and may give you one for 'graduating' with them.

2. Make damn sure you have a plan before you drop out. Full time job lined up, college plans, GED test dates, etc. I recently dropped out, and I'm already falling into the lazy ass rut.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't simply just drop out! Do what I did and get your GED.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter how seeminly intelligent you are, no one will ever take you seriously if you don't graduate high school. That's the lowest measure we have of a person's intelligence. If you don't graduate high school, everyone will assume you're an idiot for the rest of your life. Nowadays people won't take you seriously if you don't have a college degree in most fields.

There's no reason why you can't study business and economics and whatever the hell else you want to in your own time AND go to high school.

If you can't finish high school everyone you meet will immediately write you off as an idiot. Trust me, just suck it up and finish the next two years in school. It's not THAT hard. Plenty of morons do it all the time.

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At least finish highschool and learn about money and making money part-time.
IF you see some results go full-time

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would Pook drop out of high school? I think not. End of discussion.

But don't be lazy. That's all dropping out really is. Lazyness. You already said that you don't want a job. You don't want to stay in school and you don't want a job? Lazy. That won't get you anywhere. That'll get you a home in a cardboard box.
agreed!

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont drop out of high school please. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how brilliant your ideas are, how smart you are or how hard you are willing to work to build a career...most companies won't even give you a shot to show them what you can do without a college degree. Committing to finishing high school and going to college shows commitment, dedication, a work ethic and that you finish tasks. Your chances of ever being successful are severely limited if you drop out of school.