Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Driving stick is part of your man card...

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 100 years, nobody will drive themselves. Most of the population won't even own cars. lol.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first car i eve learned how to drive was a 92 honda accord 5 speed. it was my mom's hand me down so it was either drive that or walk lol. so I learned.

I had never had an automatic in my life until I bought a hummer. then just about every car i bought was an automatic i hate automatics. I had a maroon aston martin and when i met my wife and I honestly had more fun driving my lexus SC300 which was a 5 speed that i put a **** load of money into.

I have a jag xjr and unless it's like a family outing where my kids and **** are in the car i drive my sc 300 which is a stick. it's fun as ****.

i've been driving a manual so long it's not even anything to think about. i just drive. i don't have to think what i'm doing. i can talk on the phone, eat, mess with my wife and shift gears and not think twice about it.

the next car i buy will def be a manual i'm sick and tired of automatics. the only reason i buy them is my wife can't drive a stick and she likes to drive my car but she's just gonna have to learn

every guy should drive a stick. it's not even hard.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, I grew up on a farm. Trucks with 18,000 pounds of grain on them. Once when the clutch went our, we had to double clutch the thing for a week until we were done with wheat. EVERYTHING involved with that. Parking down hill, so when you tried to start it without the clutch, it would......

I've driven automatics for about 20 years.... will stay with them unless a car I REALLY want is a stick only case

Your answer should have been "there's bread in the glove box, make me a sandwich"

logicallefty

Reaction score
I have drove a manual transmission vehicle 85% of my life. Notice I didn't say I drove a stick, that's a woman's job :crackup: The issue of driving one or not really only raised my eyebrows one time. That was when I had an old beater that was a stick and my ex needed a vehicle and I said "Here, take the beater. It will get you where you need to go. Drive it till it falls apart I don't care".. She refused to take it because it was a stick, but then still wanted to cry and whine to me about not having any wheels. I offered to teach her to drive it and she wouldn't do it. Then still b|tched.. It's a free car you dumb cvnt... Women are so stupid sometimes.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I drove an 18 wheel freightliner for a little while and it had some 20 gears on it. I would NEVER wish that on anybody, infact if they had offered, I would have gone automatic right away. I've only heard of one company here that offers trucks with auto shifters. Fvck stick shift, trying to backup a trailer into a tiny little space meant for a 4 wheeler is stressful enough but then having to worry about shifting through 5 gears to get it done... christ almighty. Once I drove a nice little sprinter automatic, thing was a dream to operate, smooth, quiet and relaxing. Would love to find a job in one of those little things. Driving a big rig is like really hardcore sex, you are totally exhausted after every outing but you feel like more of a man... personally would prefer a nice little cargo van or sprinter. :)

Hammer down driver. Get your CDL and throw it in that *****es face.
:box:

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why should a man have to drive a stick if he's never been exposed to a stick. This is crazy. Who cares what she thinks. Simple... stop and ask her to step out if she doesn't like your auto.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
File this under Things That Do Not Matter.

If you get the opportunity to acquire this skill, great, maybe it will come in handy someday. If not, who cares?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drive a stick, but I wouldn't buy one again. It sucks in stop and go traffic and if you get a leg injury or something you suffer trying to keep using the clutch, and on top of that a lot of other people can't drive your car when you want them to. Stop and go traffic is my primary reason, though.

Not sure what using technology improvements has to do with being a man. If anything, since men invent all tech ever pretty much, using tech is a man thing so go ahead and bask in the glory of the manly achievement of automatic transmissions. A toast to the inventors...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know the part of no one driving my car would kinda a reason I would take the manual over the automatic :)

but serious automatic here where I live is kinda rare and cost too much and pray it never will give any kind of problem if not you are busted (it cost a lot)
but for me I prefer the manual, more control, I change gears and sometimes don't even notice, i'm used to it, and I like the extra control over a car, I did drive a auto once, I felt like something was missing

now for the woman, next time who someone said that, you should agree with her and ask her you do know how to cook? your woman card is knowing how to cook, clean the house and all the other house chores

Rapier77

Reaction score
vinkoch said:
Hooked up with my bro's sister's friend. She wasn't hot. I would give her a generous 5. Only saw her face in a picture. So-so pretty.
Meet up at a pub. I take her for a spin down to the dock at the lake. Halfway there she starts up about her friend's husband not qualifying as a real man because he can't drive stick.
My rig is an automatic. I try to clarify. You mean know how to drive stick or they own a manual? She says, preferably own but at least know how, it's part of your man card. I say, you know this is an automatic right? She says, that's fine if that's what you feel you need.
I know how to drive stick. Last truck was s stick. I got a great deal on this rig. I don't put much thought into it. Both are fine with me.
A few more emasculating comments come. Are you gonna pass this guy? Come on now be a man and get in the fast lane.
To wrap it up. I tried to suck it up and find the patience to turn around to get her back to her car 20 min away, without appearing phased by what she said. I pulled over and told this b@$h to get out of my truck.
I was quite happy to be rid of her. Getting real fed up with people's sh!t. I shouldn't have to deal with it just to not appear to have a fragile ego.

Feel free to bash me for it.

More interested in comments about her man card statement.

I'm more interested in the expression on her face when you told her to get out of your truck. The nerve of this girl She is a 5 which basically means she is a pig, and she says this stuff. Unbelievable! Forget about that ManCard nonsense. There are thousands of women out there. Keep going.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol yanks with their gay ass autos. Every cars a stick in Britain. Autos are for women only. Hard but true!

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't believe you sit there and listened to that load of nonsense.

"yes honey imma buy a manual tonight"

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
B!tch Please! Some of us don't need a phallic symbol in our hands to be men.

She should have been put in the trunk for the rest of the ride!

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a car guy so stick is a requirement for the car i own. The reason is that you can feel the spirit of the car and you can truly connect with it. It also makes driving more enjoyable while driving on canyons.
Automatic isn't for me , except if it's a city exclusive car then I pass.
I drove the M4 a month ago with the DCT and I didn't like the flappy paddles.
The only exception i have ever made to own an Automatic is the 500 sl 71'my father gave to me which is one of my favorite cars and also very important to me.

About if stick makes you a man , I think having your hand at the gear lever can open some good opportunities if you have a girl at the passenger seat.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruitbat said:
Lol yanks with their gay ass autos. Every cars a stick in Britain. Autos are for women only. Hard but true!
Exactly - Americans aren't hetero enough to grab a stray shaft with a round head on it and yank it bank and forth!

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres a dude at my work that just bought himself a new Mustang 5.0....... its automatic.... yes, he's less of a man for not buying a manual....

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't wait until my automated car drives me to work so I can nap or read a book on the way.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I've been driving a stick longer than you've been on this planet. No man card required.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
In 100 years, nobody will drive themselves. Most of the population won't even own cars. lol.
Lop off a zero, and you still might be too long.