Driving home after a night of drinking

Snowman23

Banned
Reaction score
I was just wondering. Everybody talks about a designated driver, but nobody does it. the clubs are fairly far from me (about 10 miles), and my buddies that I go with are drunk too, but they have a shorter drive. Do people really call cabs, or does everyone do as best as they can to make it home drunk out of their minds?

When I came home last night I blew a .25 on my breathalyzer. I really don't like driving drunk but what else can you really do?

discuss

Reaction score
If you keep doing it, eventually you will get pulled over and go to jail.

These days, drunk driving is worse than getting caught with drugs. My friend got 1 year in jail (suspended) for a first offense, and he blew .14. Then with lawyers and court fees you are out at least 5 grand.

Ofcourse if you crash and hurt or injure someone, you are charged with manslaughter and you get 20 years in prison. Imagine that in your head right now.

Don't drop the soap.

No Leaf Clover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man are you an idiot. .25 is 3x the legal limit. Your ass woulda went to jail, your insurance would be through the roof, but that wouldn't matter because your license would be gone for a very long time.

Having a few beers is one thing, being completely in the bag is another.

I always try to sober up/wait it out before I drive.

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow jail time for a first time dui. I dont want to believe it. My brothers friend resisted and fought like 3 cops when he got pulled over for being drunk. Assulting a police officer was the big one they gave him with a bunch of other charges. Only 3 months.

Anything more to your friends story?

Reaction score
john paul said:
Wow jail time for a first time dui. I dont want to believe it. My brothers friend resisted and fought like 3 cops when he got pulled over for being drunk. Assulting a police officer was the big one they gave him with a bunch of other charges. Only 3 months.

Anything more to your friends story?

Reread my post. I said the sentence was suspended. But still, 1 year even suspended is scary as hell.

And ofcourse he lost his license for a full year. They are cracking down on drunk driving in the USA big time.

But let's say he gets caught again, a second offense will no doubt bring a few months of hard time.

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've definitely done it my fair share of times. Thankfully I've never been pulled over and everything has worked out fine. The problem is that the more times you do it and get away with it, the greater the false sense of security you feel.

I try to set up driving arrangements ahead of time before I'm wasted, because once I get sh*tty I could care less about the consequences of my actions.

The problem is when I go out and get hammered when I've only planned on having a drink or two. Still working on figuring that one out, heh.

Mr. Bojangles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it. It's simply not worth the risk of copping a massive fine, losing your license or in the worst case injuring/killing yourself or other people. If you're going to drink and don't have a designated driver then catch public transport / a taxi. There's not really anything to discuss here...

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a DUI before. I can honestly say it was one of the worst nights of my life and made the following months a living hell. Spending the night in jail is not fun and it fvcks with your head. The whole thing cost me about 3K after lawyer fees, so it's really not worth it. And you have to go to stupid alcohol education courses and alcoholics anon.

I won't lie though, I still drink and drive, but not when I'm completely smashed, but still maybe after 2-4 drinks. I know I won't crash or get pulled over, but the cops don't give a sh!t, I take the risk but it's just not convenient for me to take a taxi. Yeah, but don't do it if you can't control how drunk you are. Basic test to tell if you're drunk is ask someone if your eyes bounce when you look to the side. If they do, you're drunk and shouldn't be driving.

djnc

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it before, I always feel like **** after, its stupid dont do it ever.

One time i drove off the road cause I missed a turn, luckily some guy pulled over and pulled me out of the ditch at 5 in the morning.

Reaction score
Park in a parking garage and go to sleep. Or better yet, don't drink and drive. Or better yet, don't drink. Why would I say a crazy @ss thing like that? Well, if you are so prone to drink that you have to do it even when you know you will drive, then you my friend are an alcoholic and need to stay away from the booze completely. Any good rehab program teaches this.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The courts are really cracking down here in vegas too. I just met a guy who blew a .28 and it took the courts 9 months to procecute him fully. He has an ankle bracelet on that detects alcohol in his sweat. I'm not sure what kind of classes he has to undertake but he's on house arrest for three months and has to have a brethalizer in his car so he can go to work AND his girlfriends car too since she lives with him. Oh and he has to pay for all of this to the state. Something to the effects of 2300-3500 per month extra on his bills for the next year or so.

A girl I know also has something similar happening to her. She has trial hearings for a .30 that she got 2 years ago. Same thing's happening as well for roughly the same amount of money.

I actually use a designated driver or I cab home. A 25 dollar cab ride home out weights 2K plus a month because it's "convienient" enough for me to get home under my own power. Drinking and driving is definatly out of the question for me in the least.

Reaction score
SickAgain said:
And you have to go to stupid alcohol education courses and alcoholics anon.
Damn, you really are an alcoholic. That stuff's not stupid, you are for not learning anything. Why is something that fuks with your brain as much as it apparently does so important to you? I don't mean any disrespect to you, you are probably a great person, but you should think about it for your own good. I know a lot of people drink, in fact it's the worst problem in America in my opinion. Everybody's blind to all the havoc it reaks. This is serious my friend. You need to rip this out of your life.

Reaction score
call a cab , or some towing companies can tow your car for free
, dont drink and drive

Sir-M

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know you are goin to get trashed. leave your car at home. rules are getting stricter for drunken drivers. not because we like to catch you drunk and fine your ass.. but because of the safety aspect of things, there is far too much carnage on the roads because of drunken driving.. please call a cab

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
i did this alot in college. its stupid as hell. Now I just don't drink that much when i'm driving. i cab it too.

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
leftForDeadPhoenix said:
Damn, you really are an alcoholic.

I appreciate the concern, but I'm not an alcoholic. I like to drink socially with friends etc. just like anyone else who like beer does. I never drink alone, and I never crave alcohol. But I say those courses are stupid because I don't remember anything useful from them and they're inconvenient to one's schedule. When I got my DUI i blew a 0.086 and I wasn't even pulled over for poor driving, just my passenger acting a fool.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Close Call

oh man...driving intoxicated.

About a year and a half ago I got drunk off my ass right after I got into a confrontation with my sisters BF. A little after I had finished drinking, a friend calls me up asking me to pick him up from Red Lobster. I got there and was still at a pretty high buzz(low drunk). He asked me if I was good to drive and I convinced him that I was. Not long after we hit the road we were side by side with a cop and I noticed that his window was a little open. I then rolled down the passengers side window where my friend was sitting and yelled out "IM DRUNK MOTHERFCUKER!! WHAT?!" and sped off. My friend was in shock and said "DUDE! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?!". Thats when I looked at my rear view window and noticed that the cop was now tailing me. We reached the stop light and was gonna make a left. At this time I was hoping that the cop was just simply going the same way I was. When the light turned green, his lights went off. My friend at this time was in a state of panic and just kept telling me what a dumbfcuk I was for doing what I did and I just kept telling him "i got this, so stfu!". When I pulled over, 2 officers were flashing their flashlights into my car(one at me and the other at my friend from the passengers side). I rolled down my window and handed the cop my liscense and registration. He told me "Sir, did you know that the registration on your liscense plate is expired? You got the new one right here so just stick that on there when you get home ok?" and I was like "oh sorry about that officer!"(slurred) and he said "alright, good night and drive safe"...I luckily got away that night and had a long ass lecture from my friend afterwards...But yea, that was pretty fcukin retarded of me and considering that I know ALL the consequences now...just don't drive intoxicated dude...

Reaction score
Snowman23 said:
Do people really call cabs, or does everyone do as best as they can to make it home drunk out of their minds?
What a question. Only someone who considers driving home wasted the "only option" would ever ask if people really call cabs. I drive a cab for a living, and yes, on Fridays, Saturdays, and even on Sundays I get PLENTY of wasted partiers in my taxi. Guess what? Half of them have had DUI's, sometimes multiples. What do they all have in common? They all learned their lesson the hard way and now take cabs.

Use some common sense. No cab fare is more expensive than the s.hitstorm you're in for if you get a DUI. Either get a DD, call a cab, or don't drive.

Rebound Material said:
oh man...driving intoxicated.
Haha, that is a great story. How the hell could he not have heard you yell that crap?

BadsnakeUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be so f*cking stupid. I work in a hospital and I see the results of people drink-driving. Get a cab, stay at a mates house or don't drink.