"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Drinking + Clubbing + Driving = Dangerous?!!

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
Just wanted to know if you DJ's have to drive if you go clubbing...

All my friends are too AFC to go clubbing ..so I have to go by myself pretty much...

so this is my drinking schedule
-Scull 4 standard drinks in 10-15 minutes...
-Stay in the club for 4 hours (don't touch alcohol anymore)
-then safely drive home?

I was wondering if this is risky behaviour...
because it is reccommended to have 1 drink per hour ... so I figure have all the drinks in the first few minutes!

What do you DJ's do if you drive to clubs?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I've driven home from clubs drunk before. I'm not proud of it. I got lucky.

Either pace your drinking, don't drink as much, or give yourself time to sober up if you have to drive.

If you tend to inhale whatever's in front of you, like I do, space it out by drinking water or soda or juice or something in between drinks.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Driving if going out is out of the question... Having a bloodalcohol level over 0.2 gives you like a 500$ fine here, higher and you get like 1000$ and lose your license sooo...

Besides it's just STUPID to drive after having drinken ANY alcohol.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
here the limit is 0.05
which means for men you can have
2 in the first hour
then 1 standard drink each hour after that

so if i'm in a club for 4 hours...according to the above formula I can have 5 drinks....
so I thought by have 4 drinks instead is being conservative.

I like getting totally smashed so I have those 4 drinks in 15minutes ...
If I space out my drinks will I be able to get into the same state?

I've never really tried...maybe I should experiment... but don't want to risk not having a good time at the club...
:(
 

TitaniumFireBEAR

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
2
Age
46
Location
The #1 Sports Capital in the World, Boston.
Rarely drink.

I'll preface this post by stating I used to drink quite heavily at clubs. However, I found several things that lead to an ephiphany of some sort...

1. Drains the bank account. For what purpose?
2. Throws my game off.
3. Breath stinks.
4. Sweat profusely, usually alcohol sweat.
5. Stumble around.
6. Increases the odds of an accident. Lost too many friends that way.
7. Leads to weight gain, kills the workout.
8. The booze smell drowns out the expensive cologne.

Two years of hard drinking answered this for me. You'd think a college graduate could come to that conclusion quicker.

Suffice it to say I went to a club the other night with a friend/wingman/PUA of mine and had a great time. I had only 1 drink, felt great, maintained my composure and met up with a lot of females I knew, had dated, or will. I will down the occasional beer in passing or at restaurants...and will imbibe a sufficient amount when I'm on vacation, safely...but to me the risk/reward profile of the situation is severely skewed toward being a complete and utter waste.

Too each his own...but a final word...I've never encountered a situation where drinkinghelped me land a girl. Anytime I have, it was without the aid of booze.


B.E.A.R.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
I don't like to get wasted, but I like to get to the point where I start to "notice" things a little more... I think most people who drink know what I am talking about, the stage that if you had another drink or 2 you would probably be wasted.

I usually don't have a hard time getting home
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by chicksrock
I like getting totally smashed so I have those 4 drinks in 15minutes ...
If I space out my drinks will I be able to get into the same state?

I've never really tried...maybe I should experiment... but don't want to risk not having a good time at the club...
:(
You are NOT going to have good time at the club if your smashed within 15 minutes of getting there. You'll be smashed the rest of the night and either pass out, don't remember jack the next morning, or wake up next to a sub-zero "human" female.
 

2xp

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
paris, france
I like getting totally smashed so I have those 4 drinks in 15minutes ...
so u 'll be alone with no friends, go in the club, get smashed up in the first 15 min you enter the club ? :confused:

and anyway, how would u control yourself afterwards ? how would you know you won't ask for a drink while "smashed up"?

have about organizing a party at one friends' place ?
 

Resident DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I usually club similiarly. I'll slam 3 Redbull-Vodkas in the first 45 minutes or hour, then limit myself to 1 or 2 more max before going home (over the next 3 or 4 hours). I've usually danced off most of the booze by the time i leave, get a glass of water at last call, and am fine to drive home.

However, if i feel like really tying one on, i'll take a cab. It only costs $20-40, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than a DUI, with considerably less time spent talking to cops. I'd have to say that a cab is probably your best bet.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
Like I said I have no choice atm but to drive to clubs..
I guess I need to network with more ppls..

so u 'll be alone with no friends, go in the club, get smashed up in the first 15 min you enter the club ?

Thats why I need to get smashed up to make friends at the club!
Plus I think I am a well behaved and in-control drunk :)

and anyway, how would u control yourself afterwards ? how would you know you won't ask for a drink while "smashed up"?

VERY clever of you to think about this 2xp... I have always been in control of this ... however on saturday night this is exactly what happened.. I went to the bar to get another drink...then I count in my head and go OH FVCK!! I'VE ALREADY HAD MY LIMIT!! NO FVCKIN MORE DRINKS FOR YOU! ....
so I just had a softdrink... that was the closest I have ever been to screwing up my formula/strategy for drinking at clubs..

and when its time to go home, i sit in my car for bout 20 minutes and listen to BBC news on AM radio....and then carefuly and slowly drive home...

is 4 drinks in 15 mins too much ??
if i'm at the club for 4 hourssssssss its not all that much !
11:30pm to 3:30am :)
<and remember i don't drink anything else after that>

and yes I feel it improves my DJ game HUGELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
I usually club similiarly. I'll slam 3 Redbull-Vodkas in the first 45 minutes or hour, then limit myself to 1 or 2 more max before going home (over the next 3 or 4 hours). I've usually danced off most of the booze by the time i leave, get a glass of water at last call, and am fine to drive home. /

resident DJ ..that's exactly what I do! I only just figured out mixing it with Redbull to give added effect
and plus vodka is a very clean drink and not that smelly ! :cool:
 

Mike24ct

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Wallingford, CT
Rum & Coke

I like to drink rum and Coke. The good news is it just looks like Coke with lime in it. I'll have one with alcohol and the rest of the night just order regular Cokes with lemon or lime. They look exactly the same as the alcoholic one. It makes it easier and safer to drive home. (Just take out the soft drink straw, as that can give it away. The alcoholic one usually has a thin straw that looks like a stirrer.)

Plus, alcohol really tires me out. By drinking mostly regular cokes I can stay sober and the caffeine keeps me awake.

Mike
 

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
Like some of yall, I've made the mistake of driving drunk but no more. My friends and I have worked out a system that prevents drunk driving, since I know way too many people who have DUI's and I know someone who even died in a drunk driving accident. Not cool.

If I drive, I have no more than 2 - 3 beers total, never more than 3 and that's over a 3 hour time period. At my weight, 3 beers equals a blood alcohol content below .08, which is a DUI in California. Usually I roll with my roommate and I can trust him not to get drunk if he drives, so I'm free to drink as much as I want. The key is trust, you have to trust your designated driver not to get drunk, since there's nothing worse than having your designated driver get fvcked up, then you're sh!t out of luck.
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Originally posted by chicksrock
Thats why I need to get smashed up to make friends at the club!
Plus I think I am a well behaved and in-control drunk :) [/B]
oxymoron...

1. a. Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties.

impaired judgement..impaired motor skills...no such thing as an "in-control drunk"

Originally posted by chicksrock
and when its time to go home, i sit in my car for bout 20 minutes and listen to BBC news on AM radio....and then carefuly and slowly drive home... [/B]
that right there PROVES your mind is f*cked up when ur drunk..you DRIVE home? smooth

Originally posted by chicksrock
and yes I feel it improves my DJ game HUGELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/B]
if you need to get wasted to even remotely have any DJ qualities..youve got some serious problems...i dont know of any girls that, while sober, would respond to a guy thats plastered off his @ss...most would realize you have no self control and that you cant have a good time without gettin bombed...
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
I very, very rarely drink when I'm out. I play the "Mike24ct" game. I order a plain Coke with lots of fruit garnish & pretend it's something exotic.

(Besides, I get REEEEEAL b!tchy when I'm drunk:p )
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
surely i'm not the only "DJ" that drinks when out clubbing?!?!?!
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Before I go out I usually have 1 drink then 3 to 4 drinks at the club (only beer). By the time 3am rolls around I'm good enough to drive. If I ever feel I've gone over my limit I'll take a nap in my car.
 

dil

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I do the same thing, but I dont go to bars often unless one of my friends gets me in cause im only 20. It doesnt hit u all at once either. Usually at the beginning of the night i slam two redbull and vodkas and then the rest of the time just chill with maybe a couple of beers. That way i can be sober when i need to drive home and by the time i wake up the next morning the alcohol will all be metabolized and i wont have a hangover.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
dil and GaryNas,
thanks for sharing with me what you guys do ...

I am glad i started this thread, it has made me take this topic a lot more seriously..
so tonight when i hit the club I'll just have a maximum of 3 drinks..
getting DUI is definitely not cool....
 
Top