Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dressing well or dressing poorly?

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that every time I dress poorly, (didn't sleep for 24 hrs) women are dying to talk to me.
But when I am dressed very well, it turns women off. I'm a well educated wall street type that has traveled well.
I'm good at fluff talk and generally easy to get along with.

Anyone else have these similar situations?

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that every time I dress poorly, (didn't sleep for 24 hrs) women are dying to talk to me.
But when I am dressed very well, it turns women off. I'm a well educated wall street type that has traveled well.

How old are you? And other than not sleeping for a day, what are you actually wearing?

-Augustus-

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It happens but you might have a care free attitude when you are dressed down. I know the Wall St. type when I worked in that area and see many in the Stone Street area as well. I always did better when i wore a fitted t shirt instead of being suited up.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Dark solid colors work for me, but that's just my style. I hate suits and sport jackets. You then have to pay the dry cleaner to clean them. Waste of money. I like non-ironed shirts and pants. Easy and machine washable.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By dressing well I don't mean the NYC shirts and suits. I just mean fashionably. Dressing poorly ... I mean like soccer jersey or crappy t shirt maybe.

That's true, not sleeping is a different attitude thing. Cause you wanna sleep and they wanna get your attention.

Billtx49

Reaction score
That's true, not sleeping is a different attitude thing. Cause you wanna sleep and they wanna get your attention.
Answered your own question. After 24 hours no sleep you just DGAF, it doesn’t matter what you have on and that attitude transfers to the women you interact with. Translates to carefree alpha confidence to her. The clothes are not as important as you think…

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve found that dressing slightly neater than the average guy brings massive benefit in attractiveness. The way we dress screams out to the world what we think of ourselves, and this is a language that women really understand.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FIELD UPDATE: I guess at this point I have a big personality amongst the younger crowd I meet ... they are under 30. I had all the women's attention among a group of 8 today. The girl that wasn't into me last time was more into me ( partially cause the other women seemed interested). I was sloppily shaven today (didn't). I wore a backwards cali mexican eagle hat with an white under armour long sleeve and skinny jeans. Same girl that saw me last time I had great hair, stylish black armani exchange knitted zipped jacket and jeans.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you're congruent with your apparel it shouldn't matter. Some men rock cowboy boots and hats, others, three piece suits, still others jeans and a t shirt. I like to a little more overdressed than the average guy, keeps my shoulders square and my posture good and I feel comfortable that way.

If you're wearing something that feels unnatural, it'll show. "One thing you can't hide / is when you're crippled inside." - John Lennon

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
In principle, I agree with Atomsmasher. I think men SHOULD dress well.

But it’s actual effectiveness varies. Some women love it and will easily round up a point on your looks because of it. Some think you’re being tryhard and don’t like it.

I was told by many women that I dress up too much and need to dress down. Then I tried that and did worse lol.

I went back to dressing up because I like it. It is what it is.

Last edited: